The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 03:31:57 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranked Servers  (Read 987 times)
Woodcote

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2021, 05:11:16 PM +0000 »

i sat and watched via a stream channel and helped/re-assure him about pit strategy that he had enough fuel etc... and offered encouragement etc...  2 hrs is a long time on ya own
which for me in itself was good fun

anyway the quality of racing was very good, full gris...30 cars?
I think the server he joined was the 80+ 1600 + option but not sure of the server grade
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 11:58:25 AM +0000 »

Having tried a couple of ranked races for this combo, I am definitely going to give this a go in the Scirocco class, so hopefully see some others there.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 09:39:54 PM +0000 »

Probably i will also participate. Currently at 82 rating
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 09:49:33 PM +0000 »

Probably i will also participate. Currently at 82 rating

thumbup1

Which car are you taking Birger & what server level?
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 04:45:59 PM +0000 »

Scirocco, currently reputation for me is silver
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 07:12:10 PM +0000 »

Currently now above 85 reputation (so now gold server)

Conform you don't need to subscribe for this race??
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 07:16:41 PM +0000 »

Disregard, bronse server

My reputation is good, but to low in rating currently at 1507
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 07:26:28 PM +0000 »

Conform you don't need to subscribe for this race??

I don't think so, I believe you just join which ever you are eligible for. I understand if a server fills up they open another one of that level.

I will probably go for the gold one.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 05:12:33 PM +0000 »

Any last minute setup tips.

Pit stops, coming min of fuel to short (so planning pitstop for refuel and tire change). Or are more pitstops better, because riding with fuel tank is not that easy.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 05:57:39 PM +0000 »

I am just doing the one pitstop for fuel & tyres at around half distance. The car is a little slower with lots of fuel but I doubt it is faster to do 2 or 3 stops, handling with full fuel doesn't seem much different.

Just get a setup that is easy to drive, don't want something fast but tricky in a long race.

Had a reconsider about which server to join, will go for the gold one if it has plenty of participants but if not then I will try one of the others, no point in doing a 2hr race with just a handful of drivers.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 06:08:50 PM +0000 »

Cant join server, only gold and Silver. Having 50 reppoints short die silver
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 06:09:47 PM +0000 »

Bronse is now up  Grin

Going purple lap times with a full tank in bronse server, during practice Wink
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 06:39:40 PM +0000 by BiriBiri » Logged
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 09:37:47 PM +0000 »

Grin Grin finished second, with an overtake for P2 in the last corner  Grin Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 11:22:17 PM +0000 »

Grin Grin finished second, with an overtake for P2 in the last corner  Grin Grin

thumbup1 well done.

Tried the gold server, but there were only 3 other Sciroccos on there, nearly all TC cars, so went on the silver one which was 75% Sciroccos. First half of the race went great, had a battle with a German guy for the class lead for about 40mins then opened up a 5s lead until I pitted, then it all went wrong. Got a drive through for pit speeding but basically my tactics were wrong, instead of pitting half way for fuel & tyres, the way to go was full fuel to start with, drive for 90mins then pit for fuel only. In the end I was 5th in class. Was good fun though.  Grin
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:14 PM +0000 »

Tried the gold server, but there were only 3 other Sciroccos on there, nearly all TC cars, so went on the silver one which was 75% Sciroccos. First half of the race went great, had a battle with a German guy for the class lead for about 40mins then opened up a 5s lead until I pitted, then it all went wrong. Got a drive through for pit speeding but basically my tactics were wrong, instead of pitting half way for fuel & tyres, the way to go was full fuel to start with, drive for 90mins then pit for fuel only. In the end I was 5th in class. Was good fun though.  Grin

Indeed, strategy of pitting half way was not great. After a good start, and batteling for P1 to for i took the lead after 2 laps. But 1 white-russian driver followed me on my bumper. After some time he overtook me, but could follow him easily.

Then had some problems with TC cars, that crashed and then wanted to overtake me quickely again, therefore lost connection with the leader. Unfortunately the leader was bumped in to the gravel and i took the lead again. After some time a swiss driver (who had problems on the start i think, because he had pole). Overtooked me and drove away.  We where fighting with four cars for the podium, rest of the pack way behind. at 60min P3 and 4 pitted, i waited until 70min (and also changed the front tires only). But when i rejoined the track i lost 20sec on the cars that i was fighting for. and stayed just in front of the slower cars. After some time P2 crashed, so i went to P3, and laptimes where consently improving (at a certain time constant 1:44:4s with only 2 tenths difference  Smiley ) And in 40min i closed the gap of 20sec towards P2, with 2 laps to go Grin. Next lap could'nt make a move and we went towards the final lap.

Just before surtees a backmarker made room for P2 but turned in for surtees and so closing the door for me in surtees. With flashing lights i drove over the the inside curb and scrathing the paint from the backmarker to follow P2. Had more pace in the next sweeping third gear corners and moved my nose next to the rear bumper of him at the outside of stirling. Two wide towards the last turn Clarke had the inside and braked late and overtook P2 just before the finish line  Grin. Happy with my first endurance race
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com