The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 16, 2024, 04:54:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • rFactor ASRWC Fun Race: July 12, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: rFactor Armaroli WorldCup Fun Race - 12th July  (Read 14034 times)
OSiriS

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2006, 10:44:52 PM +0100 »

I never said otherwise:P
Being a newbie it's rough trying to get used to so much power, that's why I'm racing in the GTL ladder and not the GTR league;)

I did spot something odd in the first race. Watching the replay I saw Truetom spend a good lap right up my gearbox, but in the race itself he didn't appear in my mirrors until just before I crashed (his sudden appearance triggered the crash, damn concentration!!!)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 11:05:21 PM +0100 by OSiriS » Logged

Phill Kerins
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2006, 11:36:46 PM +0100 »

To be precise...

Gizmo rules, the rest of us just do what he says.  Wink Wink Tongue

Quite right. Wink laugh laugh laugh euro lol devil

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2006, 11:41:21 PM +0100 »

Results of both races available from here. Please take a look and report anything which appears to be incorrect (except for me beating Shark in the second race - obviously an anomaly laugh).

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2006, 08:52:59 AM +0100 »

Sorry I bailled in the first race, I was all over the place and soon trashed the car Sad

Quite good fun although it's no netKar Pro, but, as you said Shark, at least it works!

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006, 08:56:00 AM +0100 »

I wonder if the throttle spikes I'm seeing were the cause of my rears overheating so rapidly. Looking in the controls page the brake action is smooth, but the throttle jumps wildly as I apply it. It's okay on idle or wide open but spikes a lot in between - in the car it sounds like traction control working. Huh

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2006, 09:41:06 AM +0100 »

Might be me, but that might explain the problems I had following you in second race last night. You weren't your normal smooth self   Wink and seemed slow in odd areas. I thought my mere presence frightened you  Tongue.

Are the DFP pedals as crap as MOMO ones?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006, 10:32:43 AM +0100 »

Might be me, but that might explain the problems I had following you in second race last night. You weren't your normal smooth self   Wink and seemed slow in odd areas. I thought my mere presence frightened you  Tongue.

Are the DFP pedals as crap as MOMO ones?

They're pretty much the same pedals I think. The main problem with the throttle I suspect is that the spring is just too weak. I might try taking them apart and cleaning them but if that were the problem I'd have expected the brake to suffer too. Should be okay in tonight's GTL race though as those cars aren't so highly strung. Cheesy

I was really struggling in the second race whilst the tyres were cold; got into some big slides out of Druids and Surtees and was worried I was going to collect you. Was a shame when you spun off as I'm sure you'd have got past on the run to Hawthorn.

After Shark collided with TT I zipped through the wreckage and into a big lead, which I threw away on the penultimate lap going off in the woods. Lost both wings and bent the front left so it was pointing about 40 degrees to the right! Shocked Struggled round to the pits hoping they could repair it and get me back out before Shark caught up again but all they could do was put new wings on, which didn't help much. Roll Eyes Somehow made it round the last lap at barely more than walking pace without going off again; watched the gap to Shark close from over a minute as I left the pits to just a few seconds as I crossed the line; with hindsight I should've just stayed out for that last lap. laugh

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 11:05:50 AM +0100 »

LOL Gizmo. I also had the "we only repair wings sir" from my pit crew so was catching you up in the last 4 laps with very wonky suspension. Then on the last lap as I was closing rapidly on you i just couldn't hold her together any longer and went and hit the barrier. This made my car vicously pull to the right all the time and it was quite a job just getting it over the line. But I thought i'd try as to have beaten you have to hitting TT slap bang full on massive shunt would have been very amusing.

The pedals in the DFP are slightly different to the Momo. The unit itself is much smaller and the brake especailly is much stiffer than the Momo. There also seems to be less sideways play in them than the Momos. The one thing I find with the DFP throttle is quite a big floppy bit at the start before you get any pressure. It's not bad, just could be better.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com