The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:48:31 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A15F1 Zandvoort: January 29, 2020
January 29, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (GP) - UKAC Season 15 F1 1975
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 1 1:35.418
---
1 45:45.979
---
28 1:36.926
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 4 +1.122
---
2 +34.543
---
28 1:37.071
---
Goodyear  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
McLaren MP23 Formula 1 3 +1.078
---
3 +37.211
---
28 1:37.476
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312T Formula 1 2 +0.524
---
4 +41.275
---
28 1:37.334
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr

Surtees TS16 Formula 1 6 +2.173
---
5 +50.615
---
28 1:38.042
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Tyrrell P34 Formula 1 5 +1.891
---
6 +50.757
---
28 1:37.727
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 8 +2.444
---
7 +1:00.713
---
28 1:38.421
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

BRM P201 Formula 1 7 +2.231
---
8 +1:07.855
---
28 1:38.564
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Lotus 72E Formula 1 9 +3.101
---
9 +1:11.259
---
28 1:38.419
---
Goodyear  
LesN

March 751 Formula 1 10 +3.905
---
10 +1L
---
27 1:40.455
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
1:35.418
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Hesketh 308bJanuary 29, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
1:36.926
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Hesketh 308bJanuary 29, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 15 F1 1975 - Round 8 - Zandvoort - Jan 29  (Read 1606 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 09:26:02 AM +0000 »

Thanks Pete, and hope you get well soon  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 04:36:33 PM +0000 »

I can tell you're zonked Pete, the server was still broken as it was pointing at normal Zandvoort but had too many grid spots and caused the track load to crash :p

Took me a while but I've figured out what needed changing. Also fixed the Hesketh skin again because everyone knows Hunts paint job is faster Wink

Hope you're feeling better today Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 04:53:02 PM +0000 »

so I'm still not sure, are we driving stock Kunos Zandvoort or some modified version with more pit boxes? (and if so where do I get it)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 06:17:05 PM +0000 »

Should be the stock version as our pitiful grids don’t need 20+ pit slots  Cry

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 06:25:14 PM +0000 »

It's not that simple Mark, the driver list would then need editing or deleting - otherwise AC will crash when you load the stock track Wink

Link is here max, it lives inside the stock Zandvort folder and acts as a track variant.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-zandvoort-36-gridslots.20517/
MaxVeloce
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:39 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tim

will give it a whirl tonight  Cool
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 07:47:05 PM +0000 »

I don't get the point  Grin If we are 12 drivers  and the track has 18 pitboxes we still can't race it ?  Huh Roll Eyes

I download the variant then.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 08:48:33 PM +0000 »

I don’t understand either but happy to run the ‘36’ version whatever that is  Tongue all I know is that’s what we used last time so anyone who raced them should be okay without reinstalling the track

Empty practise server tonight  Roll Eyes

MaxVeloce
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 08:58:11 AM +0000 »

Empty practise server tonight  Roll Eyes

I did get a few laps in after I fitted my new QR for the wheel and fiddled with my clutch pedal, so hopefully no gearboxes on the road in T1 this time!

Still, I'm not sure what more you expect when it goes up at the last minute. The practice server should have been organised / up thursday or friday last week, then casual observers might think things here are run well and perhaps be more interested in joining in...

While I'm saying what needs to be said, race results.  Sometimes its days or weeks before they are posted, when it should be next day every time.  Now we know Pete has had his own problems getting in the way lately so I'm in no way blaming him, but you also know that, so how hard is it to either find out how to do it yourself or arrange / persuade someone else to be doing it regularly.

None of the above is meant in a nasty way,  heck, I thank you for putting in the time to organise the races and I've had a lot of fun in the last year with the ones I've done. But, if you want more regular drivers and enthusiasm on that side then perhaps a kick up jacksie to make the ship run smoother and more on time would help  Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 10:45:59 AM +0000 »

Its because it was the night before the race that i might have expected some drivers practising!

whilst i take your constructive criticism on board, i barely get enough time for my own practise for these races/events when i have to test/create/post up new series and races without having to be in charge of the server. My practise consists of snatched half hours on a monday or tuesday eve. I dont even get on the race server on race night generally until there is about 10mins of practise left, or at start of qually, so not much use me being on server watch. Add to that i lost my dad a couple of weeks ago after a month of daily hospital visits, my RL distraction has been on another level... i think i am entitled some slack, as does Pete with his own health issues.

You guys just rock up and enjoy the fun offered without much help being offered back! (which is fair enough, we are all on here to have fun) but its been a relief that FMG has stepped in and helped out with the server recently. I would like to learn the server duties too but at the moment i have too much going on in RL to pick up more tasks.

As for enthusiam, i sometimes think i'm the only guy on here who wants regular good races and interesting cars and try to garner more interest through posts in the race threads but its like a ghost town too often  Sad

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 11:16:33 AM +0000 »

I can tell you're zonked Pete, the server was still broken as it was pointing at normal Zandvoort but had too many grid spots and caused the track load to crash
Doh - thanks for sorting it.

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 11:40:38 AM +0000 »

Add to that i lost my dad a couple of weeks ago after a month of daily hospital visits
Really sorry to hear Mark.

You guys just rock up and enjoy the fun offered without much help being offered back! (which is fair enough, we are all on here to have fun) but its been a relief that FMG has stepped in and helped out with the server recently. I would like to learn the server duties too but at the moment i have too much going on in RL to pick up more tasks.
As I myself would like to organise some events/series at some point, I could be happy to learn how to manage a remote server despite my very low skills, however I wouldn't like to do big mistakes ofc.

As for enthusiam, i sometimes think i'm the only guy on here who wants regular good races and interesting cars and try to garner more interest through posts in the race threads but its like a ghost town too often  Sad
Don't feel alone, Mark, you're not ! But I often feel a bit disappointed too by the lack of drivers/consitency in the series. But we all have our RL duties ofc.. Would be great to always have 14-16 drivers yet. Maybe we need better communication organisation to counter the spread of the classic cars enthusiasts amongst the different forum platforms though. I wouldn't be so surprised that several communities run few people events every now and then but could much better agregate the fun and share the efforts..  Roll Eyes

Also known as "Solmyr"
MaxVeloce
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 12:17:27 PM +0000 »

I'll be in the corner with my dunces hat on for that timing.

sent you a pm Mark  Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 06:04:34 PM +0000 »

Deepest condolences, Mark

I think the lack of drivers is simply due to a lack of general interest in this type of racing (historical races). In addition, the AC players are gradually decreasing.

We have endeavored to advertise and entice new people. Mark published the calendar on the Kunos website well in advance, Tim and me have contacted other players who are passionate about classic cars who have raced with us in other groups.
There has been some results, in fact two new pilots joined us, Maxime and VVA, both great fans of old F1s and good drivers. Other pilots did the first races, but unfortunately they left, perhaps because they were not very interested and in part perhaps also because of the small chaos of the server (delayed start, etc).

From personal experience (years of air simulation) I say that if one is interested he plays, if instead he is not interested he does not. Maybe he does an event just for education, but then he will leave.

It will be increasingly difficult to have new players, because AC is aging and its playbase is slowly decreasing.
This has happened with GPL, IL2 '46, etc, and will also happen with AC. Obviously someone will stay, but it will be difficult to have new people. In general simulators have lost users.

The problems with the server have been completely solved since Fmg is in "reserve", and therefore can intervene quickly. Besides, we all know Pete's problems. The delays of the server are not, in my opinion, a cause of lack of pilots. If one is interested, play anyway.

In any case, an average of 11-12 players is not too bad. angel
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 06:57:20 PM +0000 »

The practice server should have been organised / up thursday or friday last week, then casual observers might think things here are run well and perhaps be more interested in joining in...

While I'm saying what needs to be said, race results.  Sometimes its days or weeks before they are posted, when it should be next day every time. 

I agree with this. But these are aspects that interest, in first, the participants more than people who may be interested to join.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com