The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 04:39:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A15F1 Nürburgring: February 19, 2020
February 19, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKAC Season 15 F1 1975
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 1 6:31.910
---
1 46:15.164
---
7 6:34.465
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 2 +0.933
---
2 +12.932
---
7 6:35.157
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 3 +3.173
---
3 +55.011
---
7 6:41.024
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Tyrrell 007 Formula 1 5 +8.042
---
4 +1:09.164
---
7 6:42.249
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr

Surtees TS16 Formula 1 6 +8.294
---
5 +1:32.467
---
7 6:43.167
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312T Formula 1 4 +7.707
---
6 +1:33.376
---
7 6:43.392
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 9 +27:40:08.089
---
7 +2:17.133
---
7 6:48.738
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Tyrrell 007 Formula 1 7 +27:40:08.089
---
8 +2L
---
5 7:03.524
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

BRM P201 Formula 1 9 +5L
---
2 7:24.461
---
Goodyear  
Oly9
 Drake Racing
BRM P201 Formula 1 8 +27:40:08.089
---
10 +6L
---
1 7:27.634
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Lotus 72E Formula 1 10 +27:40:08.089
---
DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
LesN

March 751 Formula 1 11 +27:40:08.089
---
---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
6:31.910
---
Max .
Qualifying
Hesketh 308bFebruary 19, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
6:34.465
---
Max .
Race
Hesketh 308bFebruary 19, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 15 F1 1975 - Nürburgring Round 11 - Feb 19  (Read 2067 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 08:40:25 AM +0000 »

This is still an amazing place to be lapping in any car really. Maybe just a little bit less suited for sprint racing.

Got no lap time in qually after some grass cutting on the final sector, but not too big of a deal. Had a good start and overtook one of the Tyrell's on the first corner. Then had a bit of a moment entering Hocheichen, so I had a car right on my tail. Unfortunately he kept on pushing when we entered Flugplatz and the little nudge sent me over the hill with no chance of ever rounding the two fast right handers coming up. Little bit unnessecery to be that close on cold tires on such a fast section.. Sad

I could continue but with some heavy aero damage. I found Maxime and Fabri somewhere along the race but was unable to attack and they just disappeared on the Dottinger-Hohe.
Hoping for better luck next week. Congrats to team Hesketh and my team mate for their podium finishes.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 08:47:51 AM +0000 »

Well that was as tough as expected, the Green Hell lived up to its fearsome reputation, so congrats to all that finished, we all deserve a medal just for completing it  Smiley

Qually went very well with two clean laps and smashing my pb by 6 seconds  Shocked

I had a good race, albeit lonely for 98% of it, so it was just me v scenery and it bit me twice with the second thump to my front right bending a wishbone or track rod arm so i suffered very bad understeer for the last two laps. I only knew about it when i approached a very fast turn only to find the car had no interest in turning left!  Shocked and so i careened at high speed along a barrier with luckily just glancing blows. But i had something like a 20 second gap back to 4th so i could soak up the lost seconds. I knew the two hot-shoes in the Heskeths would be untouchable so it was just a case of keeping my foot in to grab 3rd.

Job done on a tough challenging track, podium finish, good points  euro

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 09:00:06 AM +0000 »

Just a shot to ask where we are supposed to download next Austrian track plz ?

you can try this one for now if your eager to learn the circuit. (grabbed from f1 classic site)

http://scuseami.net/rweasy/-1BWOE/246619/http://www.mediafire.com/file/ckbd6o2smra2ksc/oesterreichring1979.rar

but no idea if its newer or older than the one i have on my pc (which we have used twice previously). I was going to put a dropbox link up later.

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 09:44:35 AM +0000 »

Fab + the Ring + 312T = disaster
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 10:12:02 AM +0000 »

just 7 points behind you now Fab with 3 rounds remaining    those two discos at the street tracks cost me dearly  Cry

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 10:46:26 AM +0000 »

Well, that's what I get for helping Max out  Tongue
Throughout all of my practice the dodgiest section has always been Hohe Acht, not sure why as my car is very stable everywhere else. But both qualifying laps were ruined by big 'moments' there and then I had another moment on the first lap of the race.
In qualifying I survived without making contact, in the race I hit the armco.

Car speed seemed ok, but I had some interesting balance issues from there on. I had a few minor moments while continuing to follow Max and then span in one of my favourite parts of the track, this allowed Mark through and I squeezed back in front of vva.
Luckily Mark had a bad run through Flugplatz (and higher wing I think) so I had little trouble re-passing him before Aremburg.

After that I struggled, initially I made a big gain on Max - but I think he made a mistake as we just traded laptimes from then on with me showing about 7 seconds back.
Then my car and another barrier bit me resulting in going back to 12 seconds.
That final stint was very interesting with all the aero damage I'd then accumulated  Cheesy

Well done to Max and Mark, and as said - well done to the finishers. In these cars you race the Ring first, and the competition second!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2020, 12:50:19 PM +0000 »

Luckily Mark had a bad run through Flugplatz (and higher wing I think) so I had little trouble re-passing him before Aremburg.

yes that was an error on my part as i err'd on the side of caution with the wing settings. I was much faster in qually spec and should have kept those aero settings but wasnt sure how they'd hold up with worn tyres later in the race so i stuck more wing on and slowed my car down  Roll Eyes as it turned out, i had more understeer than oversteer so could have easily run the lower wing.

Did think your car had some serious grunt to blast past me so easily  Shocked  but i was also getting out of the throttle for the jump just before there as it had spat me off in practise when i tried to keep my foot in, so you probably had a lot more momentum.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:59:21 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2020, 01:30:58 PM +0000 »

Typical Nords for me = dnf, another BRM make it even more difficult so I link some homework for Oliver... https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3349.0. Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 02:14:47 PM +0000 »

Throughout all of my practice the dodgiest section has always been Hohe Acht, not sure why as my car is very stable everywhere else. But both qualifying laps were ruined by big 'moments' there and then I had another moment on the first lap of the race.
Hohe Acht has caught me out many times in the past, especially when going for that magic hotlap!

What to say though,  a very late car change to the Hesketh which I've not driven for more than a handful of laps ever and have no setup for put the pressure on. Lucky I managed to find an hour at the end of the afternoon to try it, so I jumped in and went to last weeks venue of silverstone. Quickly copying the basics of my mclaren setup for suspension and aero, and guessed gears / tyre pressure I went out and did a few laps. After 8 laps I think I was down to a 1m22.0, so matching last weeks race pace with hard tyres and decent amount of fuel..   promising  Smiley

Off to the Nords then,  copied in my hack setup from silverstone and set off.  It wasn't awful, but the back end was definitely a bit bouncy, so after a couple of laps I went back to the pits and tweaked the spring + damper. Back on track, it felt better,  I did 3 laps in a row with some fuel, and got a quite nice 6m34.7 I think, just off Tims best time on stracker at that point.  Pretty good  Grin  but I had to stop then and go cook dinner...

Pre-race practice:  Tim had kindly shared his setup, so I immediately loaded that up and went out for a lap.  Thank you sir,  but it just highlights how differently we set the car up and drive.  Its almost funny, we have such different style/setup yet end with very similar results  Smiley   The only thing I learnt from his setup was I had way too much ride height, so I loaded my setup again and lowered it a little, then went out. Eek, it didn't feel quite right now, so I quit the server and headed over to silverstone again just to get the level pit lane and see true camber / toe values...  Ahh,  a little tweak and I think that probably did it, so back to the nords to check.  Yes, that feels better and I have a drive-able balance, but now time was almost out for practice and I didn't have time to really properly correct my off-roader ride height or test changing the brake balance, so I took a break and waited for qually.

Qually:  Having had no time to try a qually run, I just set fuel for 2 laps and threw the softs on and hoped.  The outlap I left the pits instantly and just tried to get a quickish but clean 1st lap run for a banker, and learn how the car felt.  Lap 2, the flyer was going great, then I caught Fabri on I think an outlap at Hohe Acht - he did a great job of seeing me coming and let me past beautifully (thank you!),  but it messed with my concentration and I nearly binned it down the hill into Hedwigshohe, which unsettled me more and I made 2-3 more stupid mistakes before the line.  Result was good though, so  Grin

Race: Got a nice start and just tried to drive a sensible first lap without any mistakes but not too slow as Tim was looking interested in my gearbox  Tongue.  At the line it was a 1second gap, not much but in the mirror I saw him run a little wide out of the last turn and kick up some dirt, so I gained a bit more. I went a little faster the 2nd lap and at some point Tim disappeared from my mirrors, at the end of the 2nd lap I had a nice 10 second lead, so continued at the same sort of pace.  At the end of lap 3 the gap was suddenly 7.5s  Shocked, which gave me a wake-up call and I pushed a bit harder, result, at the end of that lap I'd gained 0.1s  Cool.  I tried to maintain that pace to the end and think I did fairly well, though I did slow a bit on the last lap knowing I had a good lead and that only my own mistake could cost me the win. Its always racing the track and not overdriving here, so to see the chequered flag was a very nice feeling  Grin

Mclaren vs Hesketh  :  No comparison really,  the Mclaren is fundamentally broken - you can't raise ride height enough without going out of range on the toe alignment and ending up with stupid amounts of toe out, and regardless of the height it has some really nasty bump steer, seeing the wheels toe in / out by 10-15 degrees as they go up and down is no good. Happily the Hesketh does none of that silliness and is much nicer to drive,  so that'll teach me not to pick a different car to anyone else without doing any proper testing in future.
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2020, 05:25:39 PM +0000 »

How about this for the next series:

https://youtu.be/g8Wl0FEELEQ

Seems more my level...  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com