The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:27:56 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7DTM92 Zhuhai: March 26, 2020
March 26, 2020, 08:53:42 PM +0000 - Zhuhai - RRE Season 7 (2020) DTM & TC'92 Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Gavino Pintus
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Ford Mustang DTM DTM92 1 1:39.987
---
1 30:13.443
---
18 0 1:39.816
---
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang DTM DTM92 2 +0.130
---
2 +1.695
---
18 0 1:40.009
---
Goodyear  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Opel Omega 3000 Evo500 DTM92 3 +0.716
---
3 +31.624
---
18 0 1:41.076
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM92 4 +0.884
---
4 +55.751
---
18 0 1:41.121
---
Bridgestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 8 +4.037
---
5 +1:29.472
---
18 0 1:42.221
---
Yokohama  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 6 +2.623
---
6 +1:29.541
---
18 0 1:41.285
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM92 9 +14.220
---
7 +2L
---
16 0 1:49.788
---
Bridgestone  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang DTM DTM92 5 +0.964
---
8 +6L 12 0 1:40.729
---
unknown
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 7 +2.998
---
9 +14L 4 0 1:43.640
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
DTM92
1:39.987
---
Gavino Pintus
Qualifying
Ford Mustang DTMMarch 26, 2020, 08:53:42 PM +0000
E7DTM92
Race Room Experience
DTM92
1:39.816
---
Gavino Pintus
Race
Ford Mustang DTMMarch 26, 2020, 08:53:42 PM +0000
E7DTM92
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room DTM & TC'92 Cup - Zhuhai - Mar 26  (Read 980 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: February 29, 2020, 01:22:21 PM +0000 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: DTM92
Track: Zuhai
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 05:35:03 PM +0000 »

Hello guys,
can I join this evening?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:30:13 PM +0000 »

Of course Gavino. You can join any races you want to  thumbup1

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 08:50:50 PM +0000 »

I'm sure we've raced these in the past and I don't remember them ever being this hard. 3 races, 3 disasters, I think I'll skip the rest of these. Sorry.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 08:56:45 PM +0000 »

I'm sure we've raced these in the past and I don't remember them ever being this hard. 3 races, 3 disasters, I think I'll skip the rest of these. Sorry.

Yep same thoughts here. Mustang was like a barge and not half the fun to drive that it used to be.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 09:17:23 PM +0000 »

Yes, the last update revised the physics & now they are trickier to drive.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 09:36:05 PM +0000 »

Must be my lack of sensitivity, but they don't feel a lot  different, maybe a bit more responsive?
I like the little beemer now more than before, though it can be a spinner without care
I used to like the Vauxhall, but it does feel maybe slower, whatever the difference is, my digital right
foot doesn't feel it so much  Huh I always have set these cars up with a softer rear and slightly harder
front than default, so maybe that hides the changes.

Fell off a couple of times going into corners too fast, then was running on my own, and forgot where I was twice
so went off, then found Manteos hunting for toilet roll in the grass, so had him chasing me down for the
last couple of laps, another lap and he would have had me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:38:39 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:30 AM +0000 »

Yesterday was a fun race.

Frex was a little bit slower but so much more consistent during the race, congrats!

With this quarantine days, I think I will race more often than the past.
See you on the track

frex

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:21 AM +0000 »

Yes, you were pulling away early on and I thought you would continue to disappear into the distance. But then I to started to close up again which made for a nice and interesting race. Congrats for the win, and Massimo in P3.

And yes, these cars are different now, this is taken from the DTM '92 development notes:

Considering how popular and loved this car set is, the decision to update every aspect of their handling wasn't taken lightly. However liked the previous version was, they were a throwback to old thinking regarding car handling. The way cars would hold a constant yaw angle in every turn and pretty much hold on forever reminded me more of a slot car than anything I've ever been strapped in to. Handling like that does have a time and place in gaming, but we're being a sim here.
We can be a lot more accurate now in all areas. Aerodynamics, engine behaviour, suspension geometry, tyres, dampers etc have all had hours and hours of development time.

I think it's just a question of adapting to them, although the changes are not as big as with the Touring Classics group. Just make sure you're not using old setups, as that will really wreck the handling..
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 10:14:03 AM +0000 »

Good point, they do say to delete all your old setups as they will be rubbish now

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 11:23:25 AM +0000 »

I don't do setups  Roll Eyes so it's not a problem of using old ones, but I did try last night. I upped the differential and played with dampers. Trouble is I either drive at 90%, and stay really safe, but then I'll race all on my own.  So I push closer to the limit but then I crash because I'm totally incapable of saving it when it goes, which it will do at some seemingly random time. I'm surprised Bill could see where he was going there was so much smoke at times  Embarrassed

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 01:25:40 PM +0000 »

I don't do setups  Roll Eyes so it's not a problem of using old ones, but I did try last night. I upped the differential and played with dampers. Trouble is I either drive at 90%, and stay really safe, but then I'll race all on my own.  So I push closer to the limit but then I crash because I'm totally incapable of saving it when it goes, which it will do at some seemingly random time. I'm surprised Bill could see where he was going there was so much smoke at times  Embarrassed

Yes, I was expecting a car to be spinning in every cloud!  Huh Actually I find the Mercedes a joy to drive but all the other drivers are faster than me so I don’t know how it handles on the limit. Roll Eyes

In all Matts requests for car Series to race each Season DTM92 is popular choice!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:43 AM +0000 »

Where are you losing the car - under braking, mid-corner, or corner exit? Completely understand that not everyone enjoys messing with setups, but maybe something a bit more stable can be found. Would be a shame if you dropped out of the series.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 09:47:53 AM +0000 »

I posted this a few weeks ago to help some of the GTL racers here, I guess it applies equally to RRE.

'I have a setup guide that I printed out from NoGrip many years ago that I use. I will reproduce the main part of it below, it may help some of you. I have another much more comprehensive one that I obtained from another website, but I find it a bit too confusing so rarely consult it. Before using this guide you really need to determine where the car is not responding as you would like.

Here it is:

Understeers into corner
Soften front bump
Stiffen rear rebound
Soften front springs
Harden rear springs

Oversteers into corner
Stiffen front bump
Soften rear rebound
Harden front springs
Soften rear springs

Understeers mid-corner
Soften front roll bar
Stiffen rear roll bar

Oversteers mid-corner
Stiffen front roll bar
Soften rear roll bar

Understeers on exit
Soften front rebound
Stiffen rear bump

Oversteers on exit
Stiffen front rebound
Soften rear bump

Caster – more generally helps turn in but you can go too far, keep increasing until it feels like it is not improving then go back a touch.

Tyre pressures – even temperature spread across the tyres when hot.

Camber – set so that tyre temps are a few degrees hotter on the inside.

Front toe – a little negative at the front helps turn in.

Rear toe – more positive helps to control oversteer, use 0 on low powered cars.

Brake bias – Keep moving to rear to help turn in until car gets unstable on the brakes, then go back a couple of percent towards the front.'

Obviously more modern cars have much more adjustment than the old cars in GTL, but I think it gives the basic ideas.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 09:52:49 AM +0000 »

Could have been a good race, battled with Matteo & GT for a few laps,  but made a couple of big mistakes early on which made the race fairly lonely. Only salvaged 4th due to others mistakes.

Congrats to the podium.  clap clap clap
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com