The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 12:50:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Alfa 155DTM fun race @ Laguna : March 18, 2020
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alfa 155 DTM fun race @ Laguna Seca - 18th March  (Read 919 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 01:42:22 PM +0000 »

Hello guys, not sure I'm gonna show up this evening : as others I have GT race to prepare (I'm very late) + Alfa 33 saturday (not a single lap so far), I'm not a fan of these cars (I don't have any sequential mode + they are a tad too modern to my taste) and also I have to admit I'm not well simracing minded these days...

Take care of yourselves guys !

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 04:53:13 PM +0000 »

The 155 uses a h pattern  Wink
It's a fun race so practice isn't really needed  Smiley

Are you OK for server duties Pete? Or shall I do it?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 05:32:08 PM +0000 »

Are you OK for server duties Pete? Or shall I do it?
Did you not see my PM? Happy for you to do it if you'd like. You'll need to for the next few weeks I'm afraid.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2020, 07:25:50 PM +0000 »

Sorry Pete, didn't see your pm. I've just started the server so all is good  Smiley
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 08:56:41 PM +0000 »

The 155 uses a h pattern  Wink

It's a classic sequential shifter according to the AC animation. And it could even be wheel sequential shifter according to this real one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=212&v=BMAPcaC4Yx8&feature=emb_title
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:58:49 PM +0000 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 09:42:48 PM +0000 »

Hi all,

finally after months I have the time to race a full event,

Had a good start but I thought about surviving in the first corners, the a very good battle with @Mark, you were a little faster but was very fun indeed until by bad mistake in the exit of turn 2.

Thank you for the fun lads!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 10:58:47 PM +0000 »

I forget quali set in car, went to pits for more fuel & hards but fu***d that too...  hang
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 10:06:29 AM +0000 »

Bit-partication from me. Turned up late with only 3 laps practise. Bagged 4th on the grid  Shocked Smiley

But i fluffed race start with a load of wheel spin...crappy front wheel drive Tongue and dropped about 4 places  Sad  seems i chose wrong compound tyres (mediums) and they wore out after 20mins and i started dropping a second a lap or more. I used up the best life of them behind Barone, even though i was about 1.5secs a lap quicker i couldnt get past! After the tyres went off i Had no-one to race with 12 sec gap to front and behind so i pulled into the pits and retired.

These touring cars need healthy grids for close action racing because as soon as you are on your own they arent much fun to hotlap in.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 10:59:24 AM +0000 »

I was on mediums too, which at least allowed me to keep the fast two in front in sight for much of the race, but then started to drop off massively in the latter half. That's when Stefan started to close the gap and he would have had me for sure before the end of the race, but just as he closed right up he had a spin which let me off the hook. Fun combo though, thanks to all.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 03:07:02 PM +0000 »

Guys, about the gear shifter, both of you are right. In the first years they used a normal H pattern then, later, switched on a sequential gear with paddles (but mantaining the clutch).
In the video linked by Maxime, Cironi is trying a "later version" with paddles. He says also that he need use the clutch (and it is really really heavy) for change gears at low and medium rpm, but when he pushes high rpm, he doesn't need use it.
Early versions had a normal gear. Start watch from min 10: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__INWnx2DhY&t=665s  And this is the version in AC, same steering wheel too.

About the race, a fun race funny.  Smiley
I lost the Pole for 0,06 sec. I started well from grid and I did a very funny battle with Tim throughout the race. We have done a lot of overtaking. I think he had a better pace, but I tryed put my wheels in front as soon as I had a chance. In two occasions we even went by with the two cars paired in the corkscrew. During last laps I started to force too much in the braking sections, stressing the tires, which were already a little tired, and I lost ground to Tim. I finished 2nd.

A good race also for my teammate Barone, which is gaining feeling in AC.

Not sure about our setup, car was really good in exit, agile with a nice oversteering, but a bit clumsy in entry with a bit of understeering. Tim's car looked instead very oversteering in entry and less in exit.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2020, 02:28:12 PM +0000 »

Setup-wise something was wrong with my race setup.
It was supposed to be high at the rear (I'd copied a Nurburgring setup and not spent any time on it - it's too high for Laguna though!), but for some reason my tire pressures were all too low in the race so I was struggling for grip - given the massive rear bias on the AWD this was giving me problems when trying to power out of the tight corners or brake hard.

It gave great high speed agility though which is how I got such good runs past Fabri going up the hill.
I'm kind of glad the setup turned out to be a bit rubbish as it gave me 30 odd minutes of door to door racing with Fabri Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com