The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 01:02:35 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Away Team - GT Legends  (Read 1992 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2020, 03:48:26 PM +0100 »

So, just had a look at the replay... another race with T1 carnage. I was already fed up with the driving behaviour and had an excuse to skip this final round. Cool
I hope you guys had a somewhat enjoyable race though.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2020, 04:00:06 PM +0100 »

So, just had a look at the replay... another race with T1 carnage. I was already fed up with the driving behaviour and had an excuse to skip this final round. Cool
I hope you guys had a somewhat enjoyable race though.

Yep, I was biting my tounge when I wrote my race review. Sadly I think that's just the way it is with some of the drivers over at SRO who just kill the enjoyment for the majority. Arrogant and selfish! I'll see how the next few races go  Undecided

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2020, 05:04:26 PM +0100 »

Don't worry - I can pretty much guarantee we have a pile up with the 917's here next week Grin

I'd love to see a replay of the start to see exactly how it all kicked off. The initial contact between me and Laurent is probably a fairly normal racing incident (I'd just like to know if either of were at fault or it simply was a racing incident).
It's the subsequent pileup I can't get my head around - I was spun and then punted into the fence when the car behind couldn't slow enough (Again this is to be expected at that point) so as a stream of cars were blasting through T1 I stayed there and waited.
I hardly heard anyone lift despite cars flying left, right and vertical - anyone who did lift/brake seemed to just get smashed by the cars behind who didn't lift despite the blocked road ahead.
Very weird given the visibility into the main accident when exiting a slow corner.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2020, 06:44:10 PM +0100 »

when you watch caitlans replay you can see a backmarker make a really bizarre dive across the grid to the pitlane then back out again diagonally. Think that was the muppet who caused several of us to crash before we even got to T1  Roll Eyes Seemed intentional  Huh  But yes the actual T1 was a disaster as 30 cars piled into the pileup with no lift, it seemed.

Ive generally enjoyed the racing throughout so far, same in the ACC series I race in there, most are good clean racers with the odd selfish idiot thrown in who can spoil your race, but ive had some cracking races in both series with 30 to 50  Shocked cars, love having a fuller grid.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2020, 08:31:15 PM +0100 »

Just a heads up for SRO folk for what looks like being a cracking little series in rFactor2.

https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info-series-rules.3949/

22 signed up so far for a 90 minute mixed endurance series starting next Sunday.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2020, 10:04:20 PM +0100 »

I’m now stacked out with races, got the ACC sprints on Tuesday, Srouk race weds, TC legends Thursday and ACC World endurance Series sat nights  Shocked 3 of them are bi-weekly but plenty of practise needed!  Tongue
Haven’t got time to set up and race another sim at the moment.  surrender

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2020, 10:56:08 PM +0100 »

I’m now stacked out with races, got the ACC sprints on Tuesday, Srouk race weds, TC legends Thursday and ACC World endurance Series sat nights  Shocked 3 of them are bi-weekly but plenty of practise needed!  Tongue
Haven’t got time to set up and race another sim at the moment.  surrender

About the only positive of being an out of work musician at the moment is that I have an abundance of time for faffing around with sims. If you get the chance, at least try the Flat6 mod from Enduracers, I think you'll like it  Cool

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2020, 07:53:38 AM +0100 »

Looks nice. I have been contemplating trying rf2 online someday, but could not find a suitable league. Now this is still a bit early for me, but I will try the content for sure and maybe I can fit it in.

Edit: I see it is listed with GMT times, so that's 2 hours later for me. That might work.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:10:17 AM +0100 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:16 AM +0100 »

RF2 is half price in the Steam sale just now, how many DLCs are required to make it useful? I keep being tempted but keep wimping out  Undecided

Also anyone running it in VR? Is it ok or are there problems?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2020, 12:00:46 PM +0100 »

RF2 is half price in the Steam sale just now, how many DLCs are required to make it useful? I keep being tempted but keep wimping out  Undecided

Also anyone running it in VR? Is it ok or are there problems?

frustrating thing for me is I already had rf2 installed as I was one of the early beta take up guys but it sat on my hD for about 2 yrs (edit lol just checked..had it installed since 2014 !!  Shocked ) while they 'developed it'  Roll Eyes so I removed it only about a month ago as I needed more disk space.  Tongue have tried contacting their helpdesk as it was setup with my old email address but no response after 4 days  Angry Seen it on steam for £12 but principle stops me paying for it again and plus almost every track and car is payable content ontop  cursing  There does look some ace racing potential with it must admit. I like the look of the Daytona 2.4hrs over on SRO.
I've asked about the VR but not really got any information.  Huh
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:20:53 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2020, 08:40:35 AM +0100 »

Ok, I tried the SRO combo yesterday and I must say VR works pretty good. Need to find some hidden settings for things like supersampling, but I like it so far. Details in the cockpit are nice, however the graphics seem a little bit behind AC to me. Maybe need to toy a bit more with the settings.

Now the 911 car is a real gem, it gives lots of feedback on my DFGT so it should be good fun for 90 minutes of racing.
No idea how to see tire wear and adjust pit settings, but will ask around at SRO about that.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2020, 03:04:59 PM +0100 »

Hey GT, what happened with the Multiclass race yesterday? I saw you where out of the race at some point? Your qually pace seemed pretty decent to have a good result.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2020, 03:40:14 PM +0100 »

Haha yes, I've no idea where that pace came from  laugh

Unfortunately I got tagged on lap one which spun me around and I must have picked up flat spots and damage because my wheel was shaking badly for the rest of the race  Sad I also seemed to lose some straight line speed  Huh Anyway, battled on for 16 laps but then the same guy that tagged me eventually lost control and came spearing back on track right in my path causing a big hit......I'd had enough by then so quit. I saw you were just behind me for much of the race and seemed to be going well.

I've spent ages trying to sort out rF2 these last couple of weeks but there are so many things that are annoying....the flatspotting, the cars popping up in the mirrors then disappearing, cars jumping around on track in front of me, the graphics which even after hours of tweaking look worse than any other game I've played. I was thinking of buying some DLC for other series at SRO but after last night's experience I'm not going to bother. Into the recycle bin it goes  Cheesy

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2020, 11:01:23 PM +0100 »

Wish you had posted that glowing review yesterday before i bought rf2 for the 2nd time  Roll Eyes Grin. Not tried it yet.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2020, 11:56:57 AM +0100 »

Wish you had posted that glowing review yesterday before i bought rf2 for the 2nd time  Roll Eyes Grin. Not tried it yet.

If you are prepared to spend a lot of time getting it right I'm sure it can be good....the ffb/feel is very good. Another few races and I'm sure I would have ironed out most of the issues I've had.

I never managed to get the Re-shade plugin to work which would have helped with the graphics and I'm sure there is a solution to the wheel vibration issues following my spin  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com