The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:15:07 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom multiplayer at Shanghai  (Read 1945 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 06:04:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks Geoff, downloaded OK Smiley

Think I have the car so will give it a whirl before paying to enter, no point if I'm dog slow like in so many things these days  Roll Eyes

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2020, 02:27:11 PM +0100 »

Thx for the setup

Subscribed myself for the race, Geoffers is in the first heat, Martin and myself i think will be in the third heat (pending if al drivers will be subscribed, waiting for the mail tomorrow.

Maybe this can help you to "Track guide for Silverstone from Rosberg and Driver61"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnby9G-AArg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMNZKlBK74&t=640s

Confirm the F3 cars have no DRS, because in real life they i have i think.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2020, 03:19:17 PM +0100 »

Geoffers is in the first heat,

I would have been, but unfortunately I won't be taking part. The Lotus dealer that I bought my car from is having a presentation of the new Lotus Evija electric supercar that evening which I thought would be an excuse to take the Evora out for a run. Have fun guys, & hope another special event comes up soon. thumbup1
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2020, 04:26:25 PM +0100 »

Looks like Matt & Birger are in server 2 for the F3s

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-gp-silverstone-07-08-20.15448/#post-208108
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2020, 04:48:31 PM +0100 »

Couple of names I remember from the previous Silverstone events. I need to check out the old replay
to see who was the nutter who shoved me off  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2020, 05:28:00 PM +0100 »

Received the mail, server 2. Good race to all, will be the first time with more than 20 cars on track in a multiplayer race.

Good luck Martin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2020, 05:49:10 PM +0100 »

My previous experience was mostly good. Always a couple of over enthusiastic chancers, but most people
were fair. One thing you will notice, unlike our events, is that most of the drivers will be almost exactly the same pace as you
which can be daunting  Shocked So overtaking opportunities might be few and far between.

Except that is when you sail past me as I bounce off a wall somewhere  Grin

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2020, 05:59:28 PM +0100 »

Indeed with these events, i think the fun is in the race. Because a lot more drivers and we are diveded in heats of the same quali pace. So indeed will be difficult to overtake.

Still training do not go too early on the throttle in the loop arena, and still trying to go full throttle in cops, but still need a small lift.

Not yet tried the setup of Geoffers, but the standard setup works for me, the temps remaining really long in the tires.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2020, 06:30:42 PM +0100 »

So, Race 1. Lasted less than a lap because of idiot over aggressive people with setups beyond their skill level
Someone pushed a car into a spin right in front, hit him hard, broken suspension so couldn't turn right
Game over,

Race 2 Didn't bother to load my setup as I assumed it would be there, nope, I think it must have loaded the default
brakes locking fronts at every corner and the back all over the road, got the hang of it and managed 3 laps, then got
rammed up the bum and suspension broke again.

Waste of an evening. Birger looked to be having a good race though  Grin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:56:44 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2020, 07:23:59 PM +0100 »

What a race, really had the pace  Grin

2 times 4th (2 times third was possible). But indeed Martin a lot of drivers that can not stay stable in cops/maggets/beckets. The setup off Geoff doesn't work for me, need more front wing for the esses.

Sorry for your result if you are in the pack you need to have some luck to go through the pack. Like in the first lap on hangar straight could just avoid your crash

detailed summary of the race will follow

scooter
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2020, 08:46:49 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear you did not have a good time Matt, the standard of driving in these events falls well below what we expect here & sometimes you end up on the receiving end. It is not too bad if you get near the front but in the middle of the pack you need to be a bit lucky. I have watched one or two of the Cupra races on YouTube & even the top guys just don't seem to care if they push someone out of the way, if there is a gap they go for it. Very much like real life BTCC.

But well done Birger on a couple of excellent results, seems like you really enjoyed it.  clap clap
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2020, 10:25:00 PM +0100 »

You are correct Birger, It was partly my fault for not doing any practice at all with a heavy teach this week
so never got a proper qual lap in, which had me starting at the back end, so lots of bumps and bangs
having dropped out I started at the back again, and had the same trouble again.

I caught sight of you a couple of times, one was just before I got rammed from behind. Can't entirely blame
the guy, I was struggling with the brakes, so was less predictable perhaps. All the same, not much fun.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2020, 09:01:13 AM +0100 »

Oke summary of yesterday.

Tested a setup of Geoff in the morning, positive was i know could take copse without lift off but afterwards in the Esses i spinned always if i put too much steering angle with full throttle. So took the changed the front wing and front ARB back to a more thrusty car.

Had a lot of nerves due to the big pack, never raced with more than 11/12 drivers, and espacially not if they are from the same level in open wheelers. So my intention was to take it easy and maybe start at the back.

At 1830 practice session started, and went out of the pits with fuel for 20min. First lap of the session was a stunning 1:53:8.. never had a timing under the 1:55 during testing (so was impressed of myself and thought that the clock of the officials was broken  Grin), so i was already 1.5sec faster than normal.
In the 45min session never reached anymore my fastest lap  Grin, and trained some overtake's on Martin and trained also the standing start and some piece of tarmac. Having problems with the start or i have a lot of wheel spin and sometimes spin to the left or right, or i start very slow.

Quali was only 15min, and started with the intention to do a no risk lap, due to i had no confidence in my start. Didn't succeed in that and the first lap was again the fastest lap, and qualified myself in P5. Martin qualified himself only in P16 with a 4sec gap between myself (so don't know what happend during quali with Martin)

Race 1
Had a semi good start because i overtook the guy in P3, but was passed by 3 other cars. Also in the loop arena and luffield went on the outside lane to avoid collisions. So was now racing in P9, up to the point of Hangar straight where two cars crashed in too each other and just avoided the crash. In my mirror i could see the carnage due to other cars where also making a second crash (probably the crash of Martin). After the first lap i found myself in P7 after a guy called Popular. Had more pace i thought than him especially in the fast sweepers, because i needed to do a lot off lift off's. But didn't find a gap to overtake him. After 2 guys spinned out i was in P5, just behind a Ferrari coloured car and Popular. So fighting for third position, i saw Popular slightly losing contact with the Ferrari and after 8min i dared to overtake him on the inside of Luffield. went two wide on the old pit straight and had just overtook him in to copse. And focused myself to close the gap towards P3. Now i saw that i have a lot of pace in the fast corners but not on the straights. Because i won everytime almost a second in the fast corner sections, but the guy behind me could always close the gap on Wellington and Hangar straight.

After 11min we lapped some backmarkers, i saw a car making place for me, by going on the runoff area of Stowe. But in the exit the car rejoined the track and crashed in to my side (backmarker was racing without front wing). I tried to stabilize the car with my right wheels in the grass and could made the braking point in to Vale. Off course the guy behind me overtook me and was again in P5, but now with a car that has 50% suspension damage.  cursing cursing cursing Was selecting a pitstop but after the fast Esses i could see i was only some tenths of my delta and remaing a 5sec gap with P6. So decided to nurse the car towards the end of the race. Every lap i looked to the gap and was losing +/- 6tenths each lap. Again backmarkers in front of me, now a car without a front left tire (where did we see that  Grin Grin). But i thought he would give me room. Nah just before copse he went on the racing line again so was stuck behind him in maggots/beckets but overtook him on the outside line of chapel. With 1 lap to go my gap was only 1.5sec with P6. But he couldn't catch me anymore. And with the last chicane in sight i saw the cars of P2 and P3 had contact with each other and P2 was stuck in the gravel. So finished in P4.

Was very lucky the suspension damage didn't had that much of an influence of my race pace, only some lift off's. Still happy with the result but without the lapped car i would be in a position to fight for second.

Results: https://simresults.net/200807-gC8

Race 2 will follow
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2020, 09:32:38 AM +0100 »

Race 2

I'm the black car, with flames on the nose

Again starting in P5 due to the reversed grid. Had a semi good start and saw in the right lane a car doing a wheelie  Grin. In the first 3 laps there was a lot of contact and after some love tabs i was in P5 and pulling away. But then i missed the apex of Brooklands and went wide on the runoff area. Safely rejoined the track at the inside of Luffield but back in P10 and behind the battling drivers. At that moment i could see Martin in my mirrors.

The cars in front of me where again slow in maggots/beckets and had a great exit out of chapel, went 4 wide towards chapel

but backed off because this was not going to end well  Grin

And indeed the group of fighting car lost over the first 10min some cars due to contacts. So was again in P5 with the P4 the fluo yellow car in sight (was the car that finshed in P6 the first race just behind me). Slowely closed the gap with him but couldn't close the gap fully. And with 1lap to go the gap was 1.5sec, but P3 made a 360degr spinn in the Loop and due to that P4 was scared and avoided contact, what impacted his straight line speed for Wellington. We went side by side in to Brooklands. Was scared to crash in the last lap so i remained on the inside of Brooklands. Off course Brooklands has a late apex so during the turn i needed to brake harder to make the kink of brooklands (luckily there was enough grip on the kerbs)

Was then just behind P3 and positioned myself behind him in maggots/beckets/chapel to have a good exit. And indeed due to the drafting i came closer with Stowe inside. He defended semi by going towards the middle of the track. And i decided to go towards the outside due to i didn't want a mistake in last 3 corners of the race. I was on the outside with more speed, but he had a better exit. Then in the Vale chicane didn't dared to dive bomb him. So took Vale slow and made a cut back to have a lot of speed in Club and the finishing straight. It worked but not enough finished 25hundreds behind P3.

So again P4, great first RaceRoom event, but indeed some drivers need to know when to exit or to pit. Riding the rest of the race without front wing or without a tire is not good  censored . Especially if you have blue flags.

Sad for Martin with another crash,  Sad

Results: https://simresults.net/200807-gC8
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2020, 05:23:47 PM +0100 »

Bad luck Matt, nice one Birger Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com