The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:18:06 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom multiplayer at Shanghai  (Read 1946 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2020, 06:21:14 PM +0100 »

Ok, so, hang on a sec while I get my full bag of excuses......
right, off we go.

It might have been 18:30 where you were, but it was 17:30 at my house, and I didn't finish work until gone 17:00
quick shower, throw some food down my neck, log on, and try to get some laps in, rush rush rush.

In qual I either collected cut tracks this lap will not count, or I went off, so didn't get a fair lap in
In the official leaderboard, I can't remember what I got, but it was maybe midfield.

Race 2 would have been better if I had not had to start at the back, and forgot I needed to load my setup
too much rushing is my excuse, and I am sticking to it.  Roll Eyes You did well Birger  thumbup1

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2020, 05:02:06 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the enthusiast posts but i had a good race  Grin , and i know we are somewhere at the same level, but you have much more experience (see GT2 Mid-ohio). Indeed i took it as a Grand Prix race, i trained 2 days before the race (and you see training pays off, i have now a 3 week summer holiday   Cool)

Ok, so, hang on a sec while I get my full bag of excuses......
right, off we go.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Lips Sealed

It might have been 18:30 where you were, but it was 17:30 at my house, and I didn't finish work until gone 17:00
quick shower, throw some food down my neck, log on, and try to get some laps in, rush rush rush.
I know, for the SROUK race's i need to do a +1hr to be at Brussels/Amsterdam timing zone. This was also a early race for me but i'm in my third week of holiday  Grin (PS: and wife is working, so i'm free  laugh Grin)

In qual I either collected cut tracks this lap will not count, or I went off, so didn't get a fair lap in

Indeed was again lucky that my first lap was a good lap. Maybe because i had no stress and wanted to start at the back (i even lifted off at club corner just before the finish because i saw my delta timing was to much green  Grin Grin Grin

So you see, the best laps you get when you not are under pressure, and you are not pushing.

In the official leaderboard, I can't remember what I got, but it was maybe midfield.

Forgotten also the timings, but i was 1 tenth slower than you. During this period wife was also in holiday during this period lol, so i did only +/- 1hr of hotlaps, and i saw i was close to you. So the chance that we where in the same server was big, so i never tried a better lap for several reasons.

Race 2 would have been better if I had not had to start at the back, and forgot I needed to load my setup
too much rushing is my excuse, and I am sticking to it.  Roll Eyes You did well Birger  thumbup1

Thx Martin,
And i know i had also some luck (thinking about the collision with the lapped car, and i nursed the car home without losing a place, and the fights in the second race). Much more wheelbanging than the SROUK races (SROUK races are more fair to drive, only such an event has more prestige  Wink ).

See ya in the next events
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2020, 06:08:41 PM +0100 »

Managed to qualify for the latest round of the CUPRA series at Shanghai on Saturday. Have set a leaderboard time for each of these, but this is the first time I have been fast enough to make the multiplayer races, albeit in server 4!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2020, 06:15:54 PM +0100 »

Well done Geoff  Cool  Beyond my pace then  Roll Eyes

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2020, 06:50:33 PM +0100 »

Managed to qualify for the latest round of the CUPRA series at Shanghai on Saturday. Have set a leaderboard time for each of these, but this is the first time I have been fast enough to make the multiplayer races, albeit in server 4!

thumbup2 clap I Am Not Worthy congrats
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2020, 04:15:30 PM +0100 »

Just done a few laps at Dubai for the Cupra thingy. Currently 371'st  Shocked 4.5 secs off the fastest time. I might find a second or more
but 3 or 4 secs is beyond my skill level Grin

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2020, 11:46:15 PM +0100 »

Just done a few laps at Dubai for the Cupra thingy. Currently 371'st  Shocked 4.5 secs off the fastest time. I might find a second or more
but 3 or 4 secs is beyond my skill level Grin

Try a challenge against someone about 1s faster, give you an idea where you can improve. If you can find that 1s, then try against someone 1s faster again. No use trying a challenge against one of the best times as they get too far ahead to learn anything from. The top guys use as much of the track & kerbs as they can get away with on corner entry, apex & corner exit.

My race at Shanghai was not too exciting, spent most of it driving alone. Grid was not full, only 14 drivers, qualified 5th & gained a place at the start but was too tentative in the first couple of laps & lost 4 places. At T1 on lap 4 the guy behind hit me & spun me out & I dropped to 13th. Caught & passed a couple of guys but after that I only picked up places when someone dropped out or had a slower pitstop than me. In the second half of the race I was matching the pace of the drivers in 2nd & 3rd & catching those in 4th & 5th but was still 8s behind them in 6th at the end.

Results here: https://simresults.net/200829-86R , event 4.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2020, 09:04:44 PM +0100 »

I have set a time at Dubai Matt if you want to run against it. About 140th I think.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2020, 09:50:51 PM +0100 »

Made Server 4 again for the Cupra races at Dubai on Saturday, looks like it should be a full grid this time. Need to brush up on the track as they tightened up the track limits in todays update.  Roll Eyes

Oh, nearly forgot, for those that have used Launch Control for the WTCR cars, it has changed. It still gets the car off the line, but no longer changes up through the gears, you will need to do that yourself now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:55:03 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2020, 12:43:59 PM +0000 »

Final event in the Cupra series this weekend, at Macau. Just managed to make server 4 again, but I think this maybe a bit of a crash fest. I'll let you know if I make it past the first lap!  cursing
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2020, 11:58:03 AM +0000 »

Does the car have a handbrake?  Roll Eyes

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2020, 01:05:35 PM +0000 »

Does the car have a handbrake?  Roll Eyes

Why? Do you think I will need to park up while everyone sorts themselves out or do you think I will need a handbrake turn to get around the Melco hairpin.

As in the real Macau races there is no overtaking permitted at the hairpin.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2020, 02:24:49 PM +0000 »

I think even your eminence will not need to park up to give the others a chance  Roll Eyes
I mean Melco. I looked at it for our series, but unless you crank on a load of extra lock in setup
mortals struggle to get round at all without a 3 point turn. And then it makes the car too darty on the straights.
I am a huge fan of Macau, I would use it lots but for that daft hairpin.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2020, 02:44:22 PM +0000 »

I mean Melco. I looked at it for our series, but unless you crank on a load of extra lock in setup
mortals struggle to get round at all without a 3 point turn. And then it makes the car too darty on the straights.
I am a huge fan of Macau, I would use it lots but for that daft hairpin.

Yeh, I found the best way to take it is to keep well to the left on the approach & go a little past the apex & turn back into the exit. Keeping too close to the apex makes it difficult to turn sharply enough. But its all easier said than done.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2020, 02:49:07 PM +0000 »

I think even your eminence will not need to park up to give the others a chance  Roll Eyes

No I was thinking I need to park up while the mass pile-up in front sorts itself out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com