The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 05:25:11 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • nKpro - GPC Challenge RD2: September 22, 2006
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: nKpro - GPC Challenge RD2 - 22nd September  (Read 6581 times)
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 09:42:48 PM +0100 »

Second race, lost the ability to downshift during qually. 'Fixed' the car only to find the fault still there and no option to 'fix' it further. One totally broken car. Wasn't helped by the green race join button never actually appearing either. Boy, this game tries your patience!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 09:57:01 PM +0100 »

Doesn't it  Undecided

Started off by only having full throttle even after recalibrating in the settings dialog. Complete reboot and things got better with the game but not my ability to drive Sad

I still cannot learn a technique that will reliably allow me to upshift  Embarrassed I'm using manual clutch but still the game refuses to upshift 30% of the time. Does it model a clutch that takes longer to disengage than me pressing my pedal ? And talking of clutchs why can't the stupid game remember I want a manual clutch. Seems to know for 1600 but not 1800!

Also had problems with one connection where the game was convinced that any changes to setup required real time to effect!

I'd also love to know where everyone is so quick. In any of the 3rd / 4th gear corners if I used anything over 50% I spun. Changing the power diff did not help although changing the rear arb did, until the tyres got hot and then I was back to spin city Sad I gave up as being 8 secs a lap off a reasonable pace I was simply getting in peoples way.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 10:17:45 PM +0100 »

Shark's copy gets cheaper and cheaper with these stories going around  Grin
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 10:59:32 PM +0100 »

Why do some read, and "contribute", to this stuff if they ain't interested? Maybe I'm a little sensitive, but its just incredibly tiresome. I don't feel the need to rubbish other sims cause I respect those that do enjoy them and frankly I've got better things to do.

Shame about the no GTG PW, its a cwap bug. Real shame.

Thx for your efforts Picnic, the server worked great for most. Had some real great racing with Martin, Mo, Juha and eventually, he was just so far ahead  Shocked, Stuart. Sceptical at first, but the 1800 cars offer a great deal when you get them on the ragged edge  Grin.

Like to think we could do it again.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:04:57 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 08:51:16 AM +0100 »

I'm sure we will do some more, especially when the patch is released. I'm not going to schedule a race next Friday as I'm hoping that for me and several others it's GTR2 day Wink To me it is a shame the game has these rough edges, I think the driving physics are very good but often the game loses the fun when you're off form and it throws little things at you to make sure you don't concentrate on the driving.

Results off to mo shortly

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 09:08:29 PM +0100 »

I had some great racing, thanks for the server Picnic.
Racing was clean and fair and the server was solid for me. Sorry to hear about your woes Paul and Picnic, aviano in these cars with no downforce  is one of the toughest racing challenges there is imo. Well done to Stuart who was completely dominant, although as Ian says we had a fair go at him in the final race.

Results are here
http://www.wagenvoort.net/gpcos/results.php?eventid=1480&leagueid=132&menu=season&menuoption=2

and here's a couple of vids I captured from the races.
First one is race 2 from my point of view - which is only 3 corners Roll Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVoJcjO8LfI

Second race is a good scrap with Stuart in the final race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mcxpw2pT4I

Hopefully we'll have another race and here's hoping the patch is out soon despite all the 'wellwishers'  laugh
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 09:14:51 PM +0100 »

I still cannot learn a technique that will reliably allow me to upshift  Embarrassed I'm using manual clutch but still the game refuses to upshift 30% of the time. Does it model a clutch that takes longer to disengage than me pressing my pedal ? And talking of clutchs why can't the stupid game remember I want a manual clutch. Seems to know for 1600 but not 1800!

I find that getting it to shift up is more about the throttle position rather than the clutch timing. In fact if you time the drop in revs right then there's no need to clutch at all.
This is only in the 1600 and 1800s though as the other cars have engine management systems that match the engine revs on the upshift.

Because the cars have different clutch types the autoclutch setting is actually part of the car setup. If you save your setup with autoclutch enabled then it will remember it next time you load the setup.
This is to prevent the need to change game settings when changing cars that have different gearbox types.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 10:17:30 PM +0100 »

Looking forward to more nK races for sure Smiley

I think part of the frustration evident is because, at it's core, it's got such a sweet driving model. Possibly one of the very best. It just needs a big tidy up! Fingers crossed the patch does the trick because it would be extremely sad if it didn't fix enough niggles and the game scooted off in abandonware territory. That partnershhip that was announced recently will hopefully make that pretty unlikely now.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 09:39:36 PM +0100 »

Cheers for exporting results Mo. Nice to see we are actually miles ahead of GPC Wink

I forgot about that sequel Picnic  Wink. Another when the patch comes out would be great and you never know, there might be some extras to try out then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 09:44:36 PM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com