The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 04:07:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • ACC Nürburgring: April 12, 2020
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC AC Competizione - Nürburgring - Apr 12  (Read 1126 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:56:33 PM +0000 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45  50mins 40 mins

Cars allowed:
All gt3 spec cars

Track: Nürburgring GP
Note to all users, our server is listed in the ACC lobby as SimRacingOrgUk so use that as your server search.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00 (start time)
Weather: Dry
Start: Rolling - 2 by 2 formation by the time we reach last corner/sf straight
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: 1 pitstop for x4 tyres

Server settings:-  Will be confirmed nearer the time

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:26:45 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:21:42 PM +0100 »

Hi All,

I have been trying to setup the ACC server for this Sundays race, earlier on today I was able to fire up ACC and log on, but I can no longer see it in the lobby, can anyone else see it?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:59:36 PM +0100 »

Hi All,

I have been trying to setup the ACC server for this Sundays race, earlier on today I was able to fire up ACC and log on, but I can no longer see it in the lobby, can anyone else see it?

After pulling my hair out and cursing the game  censored I finally found why I couldn't see it in the lobby, I had made a change to one of the config files and put a comma in the wrong place!

I would like to do a mini test race tomorrow night (Tuesday) to check my server settings and fully understand what the options I have chosen actually mean. Is anyone up for having a go at about 830pm?
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 11:36:57 AM +0100 »

Tonights test race will be as follows:

8pm Practice (30 mins)
8:30pm Qualifying (10 mins)
8:40pm Race (30 mins. Compulsory pitstop for TYRES & FUEL)

Track - Zandvoort
Daylight

Is anybody free to give it a go?
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:47:40 AM +0100 »

I should be able to. Could do with some practice and familiarisation time myself as months since I last tried ACC..
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:14:06 PM +0100 »

A quick update from last nights ACC test race:

Frex showed up so we were able to have a race

I have changed the settings for the race start sequence since we last did an ACC race. The race start was supposed to be a rolling start, unfortunately frex didn't make it onto the grid in time (he is not sure if there was a problem or just his unfamiliarity with ACC). The game instructed me to go single file for most of the warmup lap, then to line up in twos for the final couple of corners, then when I was on the start finish line I got a green light signal and audio message to start racing.

I had the race setup for a compulsory pitstop with tyres & Fuel. It was set like the real life blancpain series with a window in the middle of the race (you get a message at the top of the screen telling you when the window is open similar to AC and RRE). I set my pitstop options up before the race and just stopped at my pitbox and the game automatically carried out the pitstop.

I saw Frex trundling down the pitlane but I haven't had any feedback yet about how his pitstop went.

I will change the server later today to the following options to enable racers to get familiar with the ACC race procedures and taking pitstops etc

Track Zandvoort

practice 5 mins
Qualifying 5 mins
race 15 mins  (rolling start / compulsory pitstop (5 min window for tyres & fuel))
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 12:54:36 PM +0100 »

Here's my feedback Stephen, for what it's worth: Sorry for turning up a little unprepared.. I left myself an hour or so for a bit quick of practice and reacquaintance time with ACC, and then realised I had the wrong wheel installed.. I use one wheel with manual shift for the retro cars in RRE and AC (but this is no good for modern GT stuff as it has no buttons or paddle shifters) and a second GT wheel with all the buttons and paddles for the more modern stuff. For ACC I need that GT wheel, but I completely forgot the fact that it came back from having a minor fault repaired a few weeks ago and I hadn't got round to rebuilding and reinstalling it, and getting the buttons re-mapped. And doing that took up most of that hour..

So yes, I was very rusty. I thought I had managed to set my pitstop options before the race, and I did notice the pit window messages come up. But when I stopped I'm pretty sure I only changed tyres and didn't take on any fuel. I'm very unfamiliar with the setup screens and save procedure however, so most likely I did something wrong. I also got a drive through penalty for pitlane speeding even though I had the limiter engaged. Again though, probably it was me and I engaged it at the wrong time.

At the start I couldn't get to the grid - my controls were locked and I was stuck in the pitlane until after you had driven off. I don't know why. And as mentioned I also couldn't get the virtual mirror working. I know it's sometimes removed in practice and when there are no other cars around, but I never had it at all in the race either, even when you were behind me. And I definitely had it enabled in the options. Other mirrors worked fine though, but I do like to use the virtual mirror as well sometimes.

Apart from all that though it went really well..! I'm willing to bet however that 100% of those issues were my own doing, or things I'm not doing right. I don't think you had any issues yourself? Will try and be a bit better prepared next time.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:38:58 PM +0100 »

sadly I think you are flogging a dead horse with ACC here Stephen. I tried multiple times to drum up some interest but only a very few of us were keen. We now all race ACC over at SRO if you want good grid racing. There was circa 35 cars in last weekends 75minute race! and I had a cracking sprint race the other evening at Barcelona with over 20 cars.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 04:34:40 PM +0100 »

I'll give it a go on sunday  Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 08:46:42 PM +0100 »

Can we please have a show of hands for how many people are planning on turning up on Sunday, depending on the outcome I may change the race duration
ukrcnalex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 10:31:45 PM +0100 »

I'll have a go, I've been away from here because I was not digging the content of the AC races, but I am here for this one.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 11:30:09 PM +0100 »

I won't be doing this one sorry. I would, but I can't run ACC without a slow flickery frame rate
AC runs smooth, but this one is too flickery to race. I have just reinstalled it with the latest version
and it's the same.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 12:22:35 AM +0100 »

I'd like to give ACC another try, so hope to be there.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 01:37:06 PM +0100 »

Sad If the mirrors were worth a toss in VR I would be there. Unfortunately they are rubbish.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:39:31 PM +0100 by Bob » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 01:52:50 PM +0100 »

Sad If the mirrors were worth a toss in VR I would be there. Unfortunately they are rubbish.

you ever thought of moving into PR Bob?  laugh

I'll probably join you all sunday. I need more seat time in the Aston Martin/ACC.

ps, worth updating to the latest Nvidia drivers if you haven't recently. I saw an increase in fps in both ACC and Dirt Rally 2 with them  thumbup1

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com