Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 11:28:57 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Endurance S3 R8 - Suzuka: August 13, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Endurance Championship - Season 3, Round 8, Suzuka - 13th August  (Read 12125 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2006, 09:38:37 AM +0100 »

Endurance Championship - Season 3, Round 8 at Suzuka

If you haven't already done so, you must download this addon track. If you already have Suzuka, but did not install it from the UKGTR v1.0 package please delete your version and install this one so that we are all definately running the same track.

Date: Sunday 13th August

Practice 1: 8:00pm (20 mins)
Practice 2: 8:20pm (10 mins)
Qual 2: 8:30pm (30 mins)
Warmup: 9:00pm (2 mins)
Race: 9:02pm (80 mins)

Cars allowed: Those classed as GT or NGT, according to each driver's registered class. A list of which cars are in which class can be found here. Seat Toledo, Lotus Elise, BMW Z3M and Porsche GT3 Cup are not permitted.
Weather: Will be decided just before the race based on real-world weather.
Pit Stops: All drivers must make a minimum of one pit stop. This must involve entering the pit lane at the speed limit, and coming to a complete standstill in the designated pit box. Tyres do not have to be changed and no fuel has to be added. You cannot take your mandatory stop at the end of the pace lap, or with less than 1 lap to go.

Server: UKGTR Endurance S3
Password: Server Password is shown in the Password Board and is available to the relevant registered drivers.

Notes:
(1) Full-time drivers should aim to arrive during Practice 1.
(2) Reserve drivers should not connect to the server until Practice 2.
(3) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(4) See UKGTR Season 3 Info for general Endurance Season 3 info.
(5) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules
(6) The season will be run using a UKGTR carpack v1.5 which will need to be installed prior to racing. Details of this pack can be found here.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:14:29 AM +0100 »

I spent about 10 laps practicing Suzuka on Monday and I've come to the conclusion that I don't think it's the best modelled addon track ever. The graphics are good, but the curbs are very wrong and it just doesn't quite seem to be what I expected. The grip levels feel low and there are some monsterous bumps. It's also thinner than I expected so both overtaking and lapping may have to wait till the 2 big straights.

I thought I knew it from driving it on F1 games in the past but I quickly learnt that although it's good to know the layout before, the corner speeds and braking areas are completely different and very challenging. Of my 10 laps I think I only managed to not spin twice.  Shocked Shocked

I think Luis has a chance to catch me in the drivers if he wins as I think anything could happen at this circuit and the turnout after the past couple of races I'm expecting now to be quite good.

Didn't expect to be leading the NGT drivers championship at this stage of the season (or at all at the outset), but with one thing or another things seem to have come together for me and unfortunately not for others. We shall see there is still everything to play for.

Bar a miracle NGT Legends will deservedly win the team championship in NGT. The Team Shark drivers have put in a fabulous effort especially Whitham to help us try and get that elusive team title and thanks to Picnic for his contribution for the odd race he has got his rusty arse out and sweated his guts out for 80 minutes. In GT I'm really excited about the potential first team title for Team Shark in UKGTR, I know our driver line-up for Sunday should be very strong and the GT Sharks (Maverick, Nick, Zacari and Ruskus) have done a stellar job to put us in a great position there.

Well done to Rich for wrapping up the GT driver title already. Very fast and only once off the podium says it all.

This track is going to be really tough so best of luck to everyone and hope we have another great Endurance race to top off another good season.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:16:18 AM +0100 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:38:04 AM +0100 »

Its looking like it could be a great battle for 2nd place honours in the NGT drivers championship, anyone of 4 of us, Luis, Pops, TT & myself can get 2nd depending on this result.
Shark should be able to grab the title barring no un-foreseen circumstances  (like us Legends boys loosening his wheel nuts and tampering with his brake lines  Wink...Luis having an outside chance of sneaking it, but i suspect only if Shark didnt finish. Undecided

I'll be doing all i can to make sure NGT-Legends grab their 3rd consecutive endurance championship title  Cool angel

Whats a decent lap time around here in an NGT ?

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 10:41:03 AM +0100 »

Whats a decent lap time around here in an NGT ?

If only we knew. My only 2 laps without spinning were around the 2:11 mark which is probably very slow. Going to need to find some time to practice.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 11:10:58 AM +0100 »

Will the UKGTR praccy server be up tonight ? Could be interesting to share some track time with other drivers for comparison.

Not looking forward to bumps in the GT3 Sad

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:15:11 AM +0100 »

Will the UKGTR praccy server be up tonight ? Could be interesting to share some track time with other drivers for comparison.

It is running both GTR Suzuka practice and GTL Imola practice, so yes  Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 01:05:41 PM +0100 »

If only we knew. My only 2 laps without spinning were around the 2:11 mark which is probably very slow.

Sheesh, you're 3 sec faster than me then! From GTRank, 2:10 seems a pretty good time.

Barring hardware failures, I see no way I'm gonna hang on for 3rd place in the championship with TT & MJ breathing down my neck Sad

Legends Racing simracing team
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 07:19:15 PM +0100 »

What, am I the only one that fancy this track? C'mon guys, its not so difficult. Pack a full tank and go for a ride, you'll know the track in no time. Then start making fast laps.   Smiley

TT
whitham69

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:19 PM +0100 »

great track to race bikes around on GP500 not to sure about the cars Undecided

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 08:11:48 PM +0100 »

What, am I the only one that fancy this track?

You realise saying things like that we'll all be expecting you to win on Sunday?!  Wink

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 08:21:23 PM +0100 »

Lol, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it. Too bad.  Sad

I'd like to win here.  Smiley

In fact, I'd like to win anywhere  Cheesy

TT
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:25 PM +0100 »

Nooo...your not gonna miss it TT?...its shaped up to be a cracking season finale for the top 3 NGT places. Gutted you cant make it.

I'll be seriously hung over and lacking sleep after 3 nights of b/day celebs, but no change there, aye Embarrassed Grin  Besides Pops told they were the entry qualifications i needed to join NGT Legends  Wink

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 10:11:11 PM +0100 »

Well I've just had some bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, FUN trying to get the Morgan round here. Not looking good with the best of a 2:15  Undecided

Not much chance to practice either as I'm busy Friday/Saturday/Sunday!

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 10:42:45 PM +0100 »

Just joined the practice server with Jonzo.
I kinda like the track, but it's very difficult. The braking before the hairpin is tricky, and that stupid little chicane Sad.
I did a 2:04.6 in the Lister, but looking at GTR rank that is way off any good time. Race still still a long way, so I might find some more.....gravel. Roll Eyes
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 10:50:15 PM +0100 »

Managed several laps at 2:11 in the Porker.
 Still experimenting with suspension settings, trying to dial out the understeer through those S curves in sector 1. Used to love them in F1gp days when a good setup had the car hugging the kerbs like glue  Cool...the GT3 on the other hand feels like i'm driving a bendy-bus through them Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com