Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 12:36:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Endurance S3 R8 - Suzuka: August 13, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Endurance Championship - Season 3, Round 8, Suzuka - 13th August  (Read 12309 times)
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2006, 07:04:11 AM +0100 »

I'm not gonna go through 38 laps of utter boredom for nowt.

What I said was meant as a joke, but I'll bite Smiley

Tell me how this championship is called Zacari? Ow yeah: Endurance Shocked

So, let's continue with you calculation. You are 3 seconds faster than anyone else on the track. The race lasts for 35 laps. Theoreticly you would be 1:45 ahead of the next guy. Hey wait...tyres fried....might lose some time here...ow cr*p, offtrack.... you can imagine what happens next. If it were only the speed that counts then we could have ended the season by using the qualifying results, add 1,5-2 seconds and multiply it by the predicted number of laps. Now that wouldn't be fair would it Huh Roll Eyes

I agree with you that only the people who showed up tonight would be able to rerun it. That shouldn't be a problem. If there are more people who fancy to not rerun it then just freeze the championship at 7 races and call it final. We are not running 100% by Fia GT rules so why should we in this case? One example is the 20% rule. A driver should complete a minumum of 20% of the original race distance to be eligable for points. Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2006, 07:42:24 AM +0100 »

Also we'd have to make sure only people who were there for the race tonight turn up or that makes it unfair too.  Either way it's not ideal, I'd almost rather forget the last race entirely and declair it a 7-race championship.

If more people had bothered their arses to turn up I'd be more enthusiastic about running in any re-run.

That the server was in the backup lobby might've had something to do with it.

If we do rerun it all Endurance 3 drivers will be eligible - I would imagine a few of those who showed up last night might not be able to make it, which will shrink the field even more. It would be nice to see the final GTR1 Endurance championship race go out with a bang (and not a server exploding type of bang) instead of a whimper.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2006, 08:32:42 AM +0100 »

Well, that sucked...  Cheesy

The server crashing was unfortunate but I guess these things happen, the technology isn't quite perfect yet so I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that the only occasion that's happened.

What I'm really disappointed with is the low turnout for the race, with it being end of season and the very last GTR league race I can't understand why it was so low Sad

I think I'd be in favour of some points being awarded for the race as it stood when the server crashed, whether it's full or half-points doesn't matter really, either way Truetom gets the 2nd place in the standings which seems a fair end to the season Smiley

I'm not hugely motivated to run the race again but I will if that's the majority opinion.

Legends Racing simracing team
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2006, 08:39:38 AM +0100 »

Ok, utter boredom was a slight exaduration Tongue but that race was such a contrast to Brno when racing close with Rich, greg et al was so good it's difficult to look at it in the same way.  If it is re-run hopefully more will turn up, it was certainly a challenging track when it came to lapping Shocked Wink

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2006, 09:03:33 AM +0100 »

That the server was in the backup lobby might've had something to do with it.

No, as no-one posted to say they couldn't get in and even now no-one has said they wanted to but couldn't.

12 is what we got, that was the schedule and I personally think we shouldn't re-run it, at least not at Suzuka where this could have been a track bug. What happens if we run it again and the same thing happens again? These things happen. It would be unfair on those that turned up to allow others to race in a re-run imho and how do we ensure that we get the same 12 etc?

As for the "pissing about", where has the fun and respect gone? Come on Jamera we're just trying to be light hearted about what happened and find a suitable arrangement for something we don't have a rule for. My post was littered with LOL smilies.

I agree it's not a good end to the season, but it's typical of the GTR to do it to us in the last championship race ever. I fear a re-run would just be a lower turnout than 12. I can't believe people are questioning going to GTR 2 when we have 1 FPS, random discos, rubbish lobby, CTDs, server crashes and patches that remove features. Roll on GTR 2!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Edza

Crawler of Kerbs

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2006, 09:19:00 AM +0100 »

Well, I for one would be there in a shot if it was re-run. I practiced all day for this and only when I got to the 2nd practice, did I realise that I wasn't a reserve for this series. Was for season 2 but not for 3.

Gizmo kindly registered me for it just before the race but I had tucked into the wine at that stage - gutted! - even if it would have been only a part of the race before the server went bsod.

If it is re-run, I'd accept that since I was not in the origonal race, I shouldn't drive.......but since I have fek all chance of points usually.... Kiss   I'd love to though. Like some of the lads are saying already, I'm sad to see these game leagues finish and I, for one, will make it to ANYTHING you guys organise just to quell the flow of tears...
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2006, 09:21:46 AM +0100 »

If we re-run it won't be at Suzuka. There's no point risking a repeat occurrence at a track version which will be obsolete immediately after the race.

mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2006, 09:42:43 AM +0100 »

If we re-run it won't be at Suzuka.

What about Enna Tongue

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2006, 09:45:59 AM +0100 »

What about Enna Tongue

Shocked Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:48 AM +0100 »

or Spa

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2006, 09:54:14 AM +0100 »

I don't mind doing Spa 2 times but the HoF race is kept there as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:55:57 AM +0100 by mclaessen » Logged

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2006, 09:57:58 AM +0100 »

What about Enna Tongue

That's made my morning Cheesy

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2006, 10:03:04 AM +0100 »

LOL. Well yeah, you need a track like that to go out with a bang Cheesy Against the scary concrete walls that is Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 10:07:34 AM +0100 by mclaessen » Logged

greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2006, 10:32:10 AM +0100 »

I don't mind doing Spa 2 times but the HoF race is kept there as well.

Fully aware of that mate but it is the king of GT Endurance tracks.

or

LeMans !!, lol.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2006, 10:34:09 AM +0100 »

The obvious choice is Monza, which was the traditional season closer.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com