The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 09:21:43 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A15 fun - Maserati @ Mugello: April 15, 2020
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC fun - Maserati @ Mugello - Apr 15  (Read 757 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2020, 02:01:20 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

For this weeks fun race I'm again looking at something very simple to setup and learn. And to boot, it's an incredibly fun car/track combo Cool
Yet again it'll probably be a challenge to see who's tires can last the longest!

Practise: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  30 minutes

Cars allowed:
Maserati Alfieri
(Stock Kunos car)

As this car is normally only available in grey I thought it a good idea to add a simple skin pack - you can find this below. With it you'll have a fairly colourful grid, without you'll have a highly exciting grey and white grid Tongue
Skinpack here:-https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/maserati-alfieri-skin-pack.22984/
Extract to your folder   Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_maserati_alfieri\skins

Track: Mugello GP

Time of Day Setting: 13:30
Weather: clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal

Laptimes:-
stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Door rubbing is acceptable, blatant punting is not !  Expect to receive a penalty if caught or reported.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:32:23 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:59:25 PM +0100 »

gonna skip this one...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 06:30:22 PM +0100 »

You're missing out. These are hilarious good fun!
MaxVeloce
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 06:40:13 PM +0100 »

Yeh I remember driving it in some special event in the game, its a looney machine Grin.  I will need to practice for next weekends ACC race though so...
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 12:19:03 AM +0100 »

Hey Tim,

May I ask you if it's with ABS and TC ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 09:07:06 AM +0100 »

It has abs and tc, but I put off the traction control for a easier car-control  Grin
It has also paddles.
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:35:53 AM +0100 »

It has abs and tc, but I put off the traction control for a easier car-control  Grin
It has also paddles.

Yes of course Fab, but I was asking if those aids would be "on" because I don't like modern cars yet, but if they don't have to be driven with the wheels blocking worry in addition, then it has no interest at all for me. Let's **** ABS and TC and all those  ** !  Grin laugh Wink

Also known as "Solmyr"
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:32:55 PM +0100 »

It has also paddles.

Yes of course Fab, but I was asking if those aids would be "on" because I don't like modern cars yet, but if they don't have to be driven with the wheels blocking worry in addition, then it has no interest at all for me. Let's **** ABS and TC and all those  ** !  Grin laugh Wink

you can always turn them off if you like so problem solved...
nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 06:51:12 PM +0100 »

Hello there!

I frequent some of the GTL races here but salesman's been bugging me for a long time to join you guys too. So I was thinking of joining tomorrow's race if all goes well. I should mention that I have a different username in AC, I go by bogomolech34 there.

Barone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 06:55:28 PM +0100 »

Hi,

tried few laps but I don't like the combo car/track that much. I think I'll pas for this one. Surely looking forward the croft event!

cheers!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 09:28:47 PM +0100 »

The server is set to allow factory driving aids and auto clutch if I remember correctly.
The Auto clutch is to enable people to race with really old hardware.

All of this can be over-ridden by your own setup, I always drive with traction control off unless in a GT3 or something that depends on it.
ABS is generally dependent on the car - for instance with the Nissan 180sx mod I actually turn it on, because the braking is very different to my own 180 (which doesn't have ABS), so I tend to crash a lot when trying to drive like I do in my own car Grin

Any road car that goes sideways will be faster with TC off, I tried the Mustang with TC at Okayama and was noticeably slower.
ABS is faster or slower depending on how good the suspension is normally.

For these I personally will be driving with TC off and maybe ABS on. You can drive as you please, it is not fixed on the server Smiley

Welcome to nocatu - glad you let me know your AC name, it will make importing the results much easier!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 10:54:54 AM +0100 »

I can't see the laptimes on stracker - just me, or is there a problem with it at the moment?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 12:47:26 PM +0100 »

Not loading here either.

I've just stopped and re-started it on the server - but it looks like an issue to whatever location the stracker data is looked after..
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 04:45:45 PM +0100 »

They should start appearing now. The problem is you can only have one master copy of stracker running on the server as only one can host the web pages. I used to edit the config files to switch between the different events but it became tedious. So both instances of stracker need to be started, the Sunday one is the master.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 06:20:54 PM +0100 »

Ah, didn't know that - cheers Pete Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com