The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:34:51 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Fun. Srou Vs the world!: April 24, 2020
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interleague fun event - Formula Easter @ Tor Poznan Fri 24th April  (Read 628 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 05:42:03 PM +0100 »

I just registered, will be a back grid visitor but I'm in !

Also known as "Solmyr"
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2020, 06:33:39 PM +0100 »

Server tells me I've not got the right content. I've got all the Formula Easter cars from before and just installed the track from the link in post 1. Has something been updated?

Maybe I don't have the cars as the download didn't highlight a duplicate  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:36:30 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2020, 08:56:11 PM +0100 »

Well the first race went quite well as generally people weren't very consistent. Worried for quite awhile I was going to be on pole in the 2nd race but GT won that honour and I started next to him. I asked people to be gentle but got collected in other's accidents twice before we got to the first corner. Car broken Sad

Please thank Jurik and the guys for putting this on Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2020, 09:28:01 PM +0100 »

that was good fun, got punted a couple of times by the 'ruskies' in the first race but had some good battles. Almost managed to avoid the carnage on the startline in race two but got tapped and spun round 360'. Had some good battles in this race as well. the track was awesome (bit like Thruxton and Croft combined!). Looking forward to FMG's forthcoming series using these cars
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2020, 09:48:07 PM +0100 »

I've thanked Yurik, and he's asked to pass on the same to you guys for joining in.

Race 1 was brilliant for me as I was on basically the same pace as the fast chap (who jumped me at the start, grr). I spent that entire race creeping up on him 1 or 2 tenths at a time before trying a pass and not quite making it and loosing half a second Grin
Was right on his tail at the last lap so tried the 'something different' approach of going around the outside in the final corner - It didn't work funnily enough Cheesy

Race 2 looked to be off to a great start - I nailed the start and even out-dragged my Russian competition. But then one of the guys I was passing started to move out just as I was passing him and clipped my rear wheel. The rest is probably pretty familiar to you guys as it started the massive pile up 100 meters past the S/F line.
Looking at the replay I can see how it would have happened, so unfortunate but not even remotely intentional.
Biggest shame is that without the accident we were set for one hell of a race with me trying to defend while also working up through the pack, instead I had to work up from about 14th and inherited the lead in the end due to an accident ahead.

Great fun though.

As said - 'my' Formula Easter cup will be starting after the Ford V Alfa cup. I've been through all of the tracks so it's basically ready and waiting Wink
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 12:33:37 PM +0100 »

And here are the results Cool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 01:04:45 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tim, why do Stephen and myself have green triangles? Dare I ask even  Undecided

BTW are there any plans for more of these?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 01:24:27 PM +0100 »

Not specifically - Yuriy has said he'll pass details of our series on once that has some solid dates against it, and we've been invited to take part in a series featuring the Estonia 25 (not released yet - it's a much newer Formula Mondial car from after the end of the cold war) which starts May 4th (a Monday - I don't know what time).
I assume that will be announced on his facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/pfceventsac/ although I've not seen anything about it yet on there, if any of you are interested I can ask for more details - I'm not sure I can make them though which is a shame as the 25 will be a faster beasty than the 19 and 21 as it's a 1.6..

As for the green triangle, it looks like an excel 'error' symbol - probably excel thinks you''re trying to do something other than what you're actually doing.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2020, 02:14:59 PM +0100 »

A nice event, with a good grid and a lot of battles. These cars are really funny to drive.

Race 1: I started quite well, but I didn't want to undermine Tim (who had started very badly from the pole) because I didn't want to waste his time, so I prefered don't attack and maintein my 3rd pos. I did the rest of race alone watching from far the good battle between Tim and Edward. 

Race 2: I started well also here, then there was people practically stopped on grid (cause the 1st gear/car), anyhow I passed them and all it looked ok. I was on right of Tim when the first mess happened, but i was able and lucky to avoid it, braking hard and moving on left side of track.
It seemed that I had escaped the danger, as well as a part of the pilots close to me, when something (perhaps an old Stuka captured during the war) came from behind at high speed, creating a second mess. Probably all the drivers were involved, except the first 4-5. In addition I could not rejoin the track immediately because a driver (moving the steering wheel in the wrong direction) blocked me between the wall and the track, I lost another 6-7 seconds there.
I rejoined penultimate (the guy waited for me). I tried to recover some positions, but on the straight I was very slow because of the damage. Finished 7th.

In any case, a good event and a good general sportsmanship.

PS: during practice I realized I had totally different gears compared to Tim, but it was too late to try change something. Even in the race I saw that I was losing in accelerations from 4th gear, instead I looked good in accelerations from slower corners.
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2020, 04:19:49 PM +0100 »

These cars really aren't my cup of tea but was happy to contribute to fill the grid.

I'd like to say sorry to Yuriy Zhabin for a tap when I braked too late but, heh, how ?...

In that 1st race I was under a heavy pressure from the guy called Iosif Tashaef who was faster than me. I kept a clean defense of my position during our battle, keeping respect for his own lane at any time and eventually he went out of last corner behind me (about 10m behind) but he seemed to not have liked my behaviour at all as he dived into my car just after the chequered flag in a heavy crash that made my T500 wheel going crasy for a few seconds..  Huh  Angry
In the chat he only answered "50/50" when I asked him why he looked like angry, explaining I had kept a lane for him during the fight and that I thought my def seemed legit to me. I watched the replay since, and I can confirm. Another guy, Yuri, who was right behind us kindly confirmed this also.
>>> A bit of a weird state of mind here ?  Roll Eyes

2nd race was funny to see Tim going through the traffic very efficiently. Much more than me of course. What a mess at the start ! Whatching the replay, there were 2 incidents at mid and end of the grid. I braked and tried not to change my lane too quickly and funnily enough, managed to pass through without any contact.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 04:21:48 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 05:04:52 PM +0100 »

I promised Yuriy I'd pass this on for anyone who's interested - the Estonia 25 has now been released and he's running a championship in it.
I won't be attending as it's a bit on the early side here, but if any of you have a loose end on a Monday afternoon this may keep you busy:

Shedule:
04/05 KazanRing
11/05 Nemuno Ziedas
18/05 Nring
25/05 Bikernieki
01/06 Sochi autodrom

Car: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/estonia-25.32557/
Track for 1st stage: https://yadi.sk/d/guRhzlJlbwHtxw
Champ template (we have info-partners): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gj8gQIAriNgRhv5BQvEOMHycxY3XhuJf/view

Registration - https://forms.gle/GgvJVh8j3hYgeiH2A
Driver list - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TpUekz_fnh/pubhtml?gid=1363286507&single=true

Server: URC.kz PFC FM 2020a
Pwd: urckz
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 05:15:19 PM +0100 »

So what'e early? I guess as you say afternoon it're pre 6 o'clock

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 09:38:36 PM +0100 »

Wierd,  I thought the times were in the bit.
Qually starts at 6 UK time - I'll try and remember to copy that bit tomorrow.
Oddly I think I prefer the slower 1.3l cars after having a quick go earlier..
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com