The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 09:16:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom multiplayer British Touring Car Championship  (Read 607 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2020, 12:30:32 PM +0100 »

I see RaceRoom are running a 3 round Touring Car Championship exclusively for British drivers. Races are on 3 consecutive Sundays at 16:00 BST starting on 26th April. Races are as follows:

April 26th Silverstone National
May 3rd Brands Hatch Indy
May 10th Silverstone International

Cars will be 2019 WTCC & there will be 3 races at each round with top 10 reversed grid in races 2 & 3. Apparently entry is free (unusual for RRE) & you will need to record a lap on the leaderboard to qualify.

See the competitions section of the game for full details & to enter.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:43:00 PM +0100 »

Anyone else up for this? I have set a time on the leaderboard for the first race, currently 18th, one place ahead of BTCC driver Dan Cammish Shocked. Would be good to see a few other SROUK drivers having a go, might help advertising the site if you put SROUK in as your team in your profile. You do not even need to buy the content, all 2019 WTCC cars are free to drive in the event.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:46:24 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 10:39:26 PM +0100 »

I will likely have a go. I got down to 88th  Shocked in the hillclimb qual leaderboard. Gavino is top with a sub 6 minute run  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 03:42:41 PM +0100 »

Gavino is top with a sub 6 minute run  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy
Wow !!!!

I'll have a go at the TC thing this week, not expecting much though.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 04:35:03 PM +0100 »

I'll have a go at the TC thing this week, not expecting much though.

You have until 8pm on Wednesday to set a time on the leaderboard, I seem to remember you were pretty useful in the tourers Pete. Just managed to go a little faster, so back up to 18th after dropping to 20th.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 04:42:34 PM +0100 »

I will likely have a go. I got down to 88th  Shocked in the hillclimb qual leaderboard. Gavino is top with a sub 6 minute run  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

Just looked & the VDA guys now fill the top 3 places on the leaderboard for the hillclimb. I got down to 6.18 which is currently 66th, but it would take a lot more attempts to learn it properly, so will most probably not persevere any more & do our GTL race that evening.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM +0100 »

You have until 8pm on Wednesday to set a time on the leaderboard, I seem to remember you were pretty useful in the tourers Pete. Just managed to go a little faster, so back up to 18th after dropping to 20th.
Better try tonight then as tomorrow is flight sim night. Don't seem to be very quick in anything RRE since my enforced break  Embarrassed

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 05:31:09 PM +0100 »

I was 88th with a ....1:24 ooops, I mean 6:24 up the hill. Currently I am half a sec short of the magic 80th place at Silver
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:55:48 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 08:35:35 PM +0100 »

Ha ha - guess I've just done the wrong thing then. I was 721st  Roll Eyes with a 1:50 odd. The fastest on the leaderboard was the only one in the 1:44's. Think I did a TCR thing now

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 08:05:45 PM +0100 »

Looks like I will be on server 2 for the first Silverstone event.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 08:58:08 PM +0100 »

How do you know where to go? Do they remind you of the event or do you just join magically at the right time?

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 11:09:39 PM +0100 »

How do you know where to go? Do they remind you of the event or do you just join magically at the right time?

Where did you finish on the leaderboard Pete? For the TCRs at Silverstone there are 4 servers apparently with 20 drivers in each, so the top 80 get invited (by email) plus some reserves I guess in case some drivers don't accept the invitation. In previous events RaceRoom have run, everyone who set a time on the leaderboard got an invite & they put on enough servers so everyone who accepted got to race.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 08:47:12 AM +0100 »

I didn't try particularly hard due to the issues I'm having with RRE and the FFB so well outside the top 80 I'm afraid.

Will have a play over this weekend. I did last night's AC inter-league race with the Formula Easter cars. It was brilliant and reminded me of what I thought the NSUs used to feel like. Once in a slide you could feel the grip coming back and anticipate the steering input required. So much detail in the FFB that I get none of just now.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 10:20:21 AM +0100 »

I think I ended up 85th for Silver nat, I am on the reserve list, but have a spot. I sent my details, but haven't had any more info since
3 races each event. I put a time in for Brands and I was 5th, but only a dozen people had bothered at that time.
The NSU series, everyone who enters (and pays the small fee) gets a race. The qual for the NSU races was to me not just about
how fast you are, was as much how much time you put in to learn the very long and complex hillclimb track.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2020, 08:21:56 PM +0100 »

Well one good race & two disappointing ones in server 2 at Silverstone. Drove the Lynk & Co 03.

Race 1, somehow qualified on pole! Got a great start & had a comfortable lead going into Maggots but forgot the brakes don't work well until they are warm, so overshot the corner & dropped back to 4th. Managed to recover one place & spent the rest of the race on the tail of the first two, very difficult to overtake unless the other car makes a mistake so finished 3rd less than 0.5s behind the winner.

Race 2, top 10 reversed grid so started 8th. First few laps were very hectic & after much pushing & shoving I fought my way back to 13th! Couple of laps later I ran wide into the gravel exiting Luffield & dropped to 16th & stayed there until the end.

Race 3, another good start from 16th & was into the top 10 on the first lap, but on lap 2 I lost it going into Maggots & skated off into the gravel trap. Took an age to get out by which time I was dead last, slowly gained on the back of the field but was still a couple of seconds short at the end, although with a couple of guys dropping out & some others going off, I finished 15th.

All told though was good fun, a couple of guys drove very aggressively & were not averse to shoving others out of the way & weaving on the straight to prevent overtaking, but most behaved very well. You do need to get your elbows out on the first couple of laps & being in the right place at the right time helps, something I didn't manage in race 2. Looking forward to Brands next week.

How did you get on Matt?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com