The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 10:52:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom multiplayer British Touring Car Championship  (Read 609 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 09:08:43 PM +0100 »

I qualed 85th on the leaderboard I think, got an email saying I was a reserve but had a slot, and would be in group 3, I was expecting to be in group 4
but they must have been even slower... and a lot must have not gone for the event, just the hotlapping I guess.

Race 1 I was being a bit cautious, didn't want to get a bad rep, qualled 13th out of 19, just 0.5 sec behind pole, eeek the field was close!
can't remember where I finished, somewhere near the back of a very hard charging group, had some paint swapping, race one T1
I got bashed sideways by someone trying to get round the outside, and lost a few places. was good fun though to the flag.

Race 2 more of the same, very close racing, some very pushy people, but I just held my line and let them worry about where they
were going to go. Got a stop/go because of wandering off track, but it said I had to give 0.1 sec within the next 18 seconds
had no idea how I might do that, as when we have used slow down it just slowed you automatically, tried lifting slightly on
the straight, but maybe I needed to be more obvious, so I did a S/G 3 laps from the end, and came last.

Race 3 was the best one, same bunch of people I had been racing in the previous two races, so we had a better idea of who would do what
and where. I finished towards the back again, but I think a better place.

Here is the replay for race 3 if anyone's interested. Can you put one or all of your replays up somewhere Geoff? I would enjoy a watch.

https://phspok1.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Race/2020-04-26+Silverstone+Circuit+National_8.Vcr

I am looking ok on the Brands leaderboard at the moment, but it's early days yet.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:13:05 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 10:43:55 PM +0100 »

Can you put one or all of your replays up somewhere Geoff? I would enjoy a watch.

OK Matt will try to upload them tomorrow.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 03:42:08 PM +0100 »

Here are my replays from the Silverstone event for anyone who wishes to watch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GczQHRLhJk-3h_UlKTkMkGYtpVe32xIq/view?usp=sharing

I think I have made the file downloadable, if not shout.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 08:51:24 AM +0100 »

I ran the 3 NSU events last night, and mostly wished I hadn't bothered. 1st two races were ruined by a foolish person
called Stuart Robbins. 1st race start of lap 2 T1 he dive bombed a group with me at the rear, and rammed a couple off
me being one including himself then stuck in the gravel, race over. Race two he rammed me onto the grass from behind
putting me at the back of the field when I was doing ok. Race 3 my fault, I got fed up of people using my car as brakes
and after causing an incident trying to get a place back, I quit in disgust. Not heard about Brands yet, I was 95th
so might get into group 4 perhaps. I like the WTCC events, the NSU was just too many cars at a similar pace
which should have been great, but was actually a pain.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 10:04:22 AM +0100 »

Watched a bit of the server 1 NSU races last night & it did come across as a bit of a demolition derby. Lots of wild lunges into corners & many bent cars & people stuck in the gravel traps. Probably just as well I skipped it.

Congrats though to Gavino who won all 3 races in server 1.  I Am Not Worthy clap
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 11:37:43 AM +0100 »

Gavino is a special talent  Roll Eyes    I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy alien

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 05:54:07 PM +0100 »

I'm on server 2 again for Brands Hatch, should be good fun as long as I can stay out of trouble in the opening laps.  eek
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 07:54:50 PM +0100 »

No invite for me so far, was this sort of time on Friday, so maybe I might scratch in to server 4

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 08:10:09 PM +0100 »

Three really intense but fun races at Brands this afternoon. In the Lynk & Co 03 on server 2 again.

Race 1, was on pole until the last few seconds of qually when an Audi went fractionally faster, so started 2nd. Good start again & grabbed the lead, I think some guys are not using the launch control as they seem really slow away. Lead only lasted to Druids when a guy in an Alfa outbraked me. Three of us ran close for the rest of the race without swapping positions, until the very final corner when the leader in the Alfa got very sideways on the brakes & skated across the grass on the inside. This slowed him enough as he regained the tarmac that I nipped through on the inside to win.  Grin

Race 2, with reverse grid I started 10th & gained a few places at the start but was on the outside at Druids & promptly lost them again, dropping to 11th. With everyone so close in laptimes it was very difficult overtake, you really need others to make mistakes, fortunately with cars battling closely mistakes were happening. So slowly gained places as others made errors, including the Alfa guy rolling it at Druids, & managed to get up to 6th at the flag.

Race 3, my worst race. Again made places at the start & was 3rd into Paddock Hill, but at Druids the car on the inside of me ran very wide & pushed me into the gravel trap dropping me to last Roll Eyes. Passed a couple of guys who went off & got into an enthralling battle with several cars for 13th place. Gained a place or two then lost a place or two before eventually getting up to 14th at the end.

Looking forward to Silverstone International next week, probably in server 2 again.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2020, 09:05:14 PM +0100 »

Launch control?  Roll Eyes

Well done. I was 72nd for next week, but am 90 something now. WIll do some more laps, see if I can gain a couple of tenths

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2020, 11:08:25 PM +0100 »

Launch control?  Roll Eyes

Yes, these cars are equipped with launch control. Map a button to it, then at the start hold the button, apply max throttle, the car automatically selects 1st gear, keep max throttle on then when lights change release the button & the car launches & changes up through the gears. To disengage, just lift off the throttle or brake, simples! Give it a try.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 11:54:31 AM +0100 »

In server 2 again for this afternoon's race at Silverstone International.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 12:51:21 PM +0100 »

Good luck  thumbup1

I kept going round using some of your advice, and I did get 3 - 4 tenths off up to the 1st sector on hangar straight
but would always be unable to get back even to my best previous time for the last section, so ended up 100+

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 01:27:50 PM +0100 »

Similar here Matt, lots of times I was well up at the first split then either got Stowe wrong or the final section. It confounded me why I was always slower through there & could never work out what was the fastest line.

By the way, did you try the launch control?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:29:22 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 02:27:17 PM +0100 »

Ahh, no, didn't try it. Not being in a race I hadn't thought to do it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com