The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 08:05:56 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom multiplayer British Touring Car Championship  (Read 563 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2020, 04:48:58 PM +0100 »

Not such a good event this week. Qualified only 11th for the first race, only set one time, messed up every other lap! Had a good battle in the bottom half of the top 10 until with 2 laps to go...………….. we had a power cut. cursing Oh well.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 09:25:16 PM +0100 »

Achh. properly annoying  Sad
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 09:40:00 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2020, 12:43:07 PM +0100 »

Anyone tried the Cupra competition currently running? I have had 4 sessions so far trying to work my way up the leaderboard at Nurbugring GP track. Started with laps around mid 2.08s & progressed until I have now got down to 2.06.0 which is 1.3s off the fastest time but only around 150th on the leaderboard! Shocked Don't think I can go much faster.

Just one or two tips for anyone who wants to give it a go. It's fixed setup, so the only thing you can adjust is the brakes. After initially putting the brakes more to the rear to aid turn in, I found it more effective to have the brakes more to the front. Dramatically shortens braking distance without adversely affecting turn in too much. Secondly, and it has been said before, concentrate on corner exits, nearly all the time gains I have made have come from getting the corner exits right, particularly T4. Keeping well to the left out of T3 really pays dividends. Finally when you are not improving with your own ghost fastest lap, try going against someone who is 0.5 - 1s faster, I found another 0.5s by seeing where I was losing time & adjusting line accordingly.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 05:01:47 PM +0100 »

Not tried the Cupra yet, but I did have a go at the touring classics, that aren't so classic. Did some laps at Zolder, and was only a second off the top 100
and was 200+ eeek.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com