The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 04:29:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7NSU Mantorp: April 23, 2020
April 23, 2020, 09:12:28 PM +0100 - Mantorp - RRE Season 7 (2020) NSU Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
picnic
 Team Shark
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown}
---
1 21:14.812
---
13 0 1:36.271
---
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 2 +1:35.910
---
2 +1.558
---
13 0 1:35.781
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 4 +1:44.672
---
3 +3L
---
10 0 1:43.968
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 1 +1:35.814
---
4 +13L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 3 +1:37.889
---
5 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room NSU Cup - Mantorp - Apr 23  (Read 629 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2020, 12:15:39 PM +0100 »

RACE 1

Practice: 19:45 BST ( 30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 ( 10 mins)
Race: 20:25 ~ 20 Mins

Cars allowed: NSU TT
Track: Mantorp
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 12:33:16 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 09:13:30 PM +0100 »

Had some fun in the first race, but sorry I had to leave suddenly afterwards and miss the second, had to take a call. Congrats Geoff.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 09:26:50 PM +0100 »

This game has be winding me up for weeks, cars harder to drive, not predictable blah blah. I tried the next bit of the TC challenge @ Brands earlier and the lack of feedback was doing my head in so I went in the the options and increased the settings. Great now got 2-3 FPS, not exactly driveable. Had to delete the controller preset and fumble around to create a new one. Eventually I got the game to recognise the pedals and allow me to assign then. Back to no real FFB again.

First race gentle understeer at T2 and rested against the tyre wall, no damage but a whole lap to get back out. Typical. Second race was better but when Geoff concentrated he was taking big chunks of time out of me, but he kept losing concentration nand giving it back. With about 5-6 mins to go I slowed and let him catch up. Had a bit of fun staying in front but the inevitable happened & he got passed on the last lap Sad but then went wide himself at the end of the runway, sure it was in sympathy for me. Cheers Geoff Smiley

I need to find out how to improve the feel in the game back to where it was last July or I suspect I'll find something else to do on a Thursday evening. Sorry.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:07 PM +0100 »

I was enjoying getting in the way of Frex and Geoff for a few laps, but then they got past and I overcooked it into a wall
forgot it was a dual header and left.

I am going to do the NSU R3E event next wednesday to see how it is with a proper field of racers.
I can't say the NSU feels any different than it ever has done. the DTM92s have been pretty well
ruined for me after the updates, I am not keen to run another DTM92 series. I have lost all FFB in GTL this week
I spent ages on Monday trying to get some, any, feel, but had to drive with a completely loose wheel
same last night at Ruin. And that's two different installs. I did uninstall the logitec software, and re install the TM stuff
so that may be the reason. R3E and AC the feedback is fine. Have never been able to get the steering itself
to work properly in AC, but it's always been good in R3E. Tony is interested in PC2, so might have a play with that, and do some
test races. I am getting bored with R3E these days, not that I think it's poor, I think it's one of the best sims for league of any of them
but 4 or 5 people is where we were in P&G. So maybe time to move on.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:46:12 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 09:42:33 PM +0100 »

Geoffers wins the Championship  clap clap clap
Bill come second                      thumbup2 thumbup2 thumbup2
Pete comes 3rd                        thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:44:21 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2020, 01:06:28 PM +0100 »

Strangely I've also been having FFB problems this week in both RRE and AC, and also ended up rebuilding profiles from scratch in both. Odd.

@ Pete - what wheel do you use? FFB changed fundamentally in the December update, so I don't know if it's even possible to get things back to how they were before that. Most however seem to feel that things have changed for the better, although some are still unhappy. I hope you'll not be in the latter group. I guess you've seen this thread in the official forums (and especially the first post which explains some of the settings): https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/ ?

@ Matt - sorry to hear you're also not happy with things in RRE at the moment. I am a bit bored myself of the same old car groups, but for me there is still enough new and/or updated content to explore, and I for one am still having fun with it. I understand it all gets a bit tedious if you're not though, especially with the work you put in for these small grids. If anything can be done to help, please shout. PCars 2 is not for me, but if that's the decision then so be it!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 03:19:24 PM +0100 »

I like R3E, I will continue to support it as long as people want. Personally I don't get to race with anyone much
as I am usually a little off the pace, so after a few laps I am just hotlapping, and I don't really do that.

I would welcome some fresh ideas. I have been doing this for years, and I think mostly I provide a good mix
of cars and tracks. But, I would welcome some one elses input. Some people have made suggestions, and I usually
have tried to accomodate them - Geoff suggested double headers for NSU, so we did, Gavino (I think) suggested a GT2
event, so we tried that, though I try to leave modern cars for Stephens Sunday events, I really don't care too much
what we run. Serious comment - if anyone fancies having a go at planning these events, some fresh blood with
fresh ideas may be a good thing. Just let me know, and you can maybe just plan a series and I will do the admind
(actually Tony is kind enough to create the series for me) or do the whole deal.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2020, 04:44:25 PM +0100 »

Couple of fun race, but once again a poor turnout for the NSUs.

First race was a good battle with Matt & Frex until Matt went off. Chased Frex for the rest of the race & just got a better run through the final corner to pip him for the win. Second race, spent all of it chasing Pete, kept catching up then making a mistake, usually at the turn onto the long straight which I got wrong 4 or 5 times. Got it right on the final lap & drafted past Pete on the straight only to brake too late at the end & skate off into the weeds.

Congrats to Pete on the race 2 win.  clap

Like Frex, I have no interest in PC2 at the moment, so I will have to find somewhere else to race RRE if we drop it here. I am doing the Britsh Touring Challenge on the next 3 Sundays but am going to skip the NSU races next Wednesday, have fun in that Matt.

As for the next 3 series. Not tried the FJs so that will be something new for me, also not tried the Touring Classics since the last update. I like the Porsche GT3 Cup cars (what, Geoffers likes a Porsche  Shocked) having driven them the other week, but maybe the Group 4s better fit the more historic angle of the Thursday races.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 05:06:24 PM +0100 »

I agree for the Gr4, but we tried that and they fell flatter than a dover sole. The Porka that you raced when I tried
was a really nice drive that's why I included it. We have tried modern porkas before with mixed results, so I
don't have an issue running these particular ones.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 05:39:53 PM +0100 »

I agree for the Gr4, but we tried that and they fell flatter than a dover sole.

Wasn't that when the Porka 934 first came out. Since that the Porka has had physics changes & the BMW M1 has been added to the class.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 05:42:05 PM +0100 »

I agree for the Gr4, but we tried that and they fell flatter than a dover sole.

Matt are you thinking of the GT4s (Lotus Evora, Porsche Cayman, KTM etc)? Yes, we had a poor turnout in these last time we tried them; the Group 4s however are different and we've never run these properly as the one race we did attempt was back when the Porsche 934 was the only car in the group. That is a tricky car to drive and (nearly!) everybody hated it.. Now however it has the BMW M1 to race against, which is a much easier drive and at least gives an alternative. We've never tried a race with these two cars together.

Having said that, I'm happy with anything chosen really, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the series picked or the way the races are run. Our problem is that apart from Riccardo and his chums I can't recall us attracting any new drivers in the last few years. Back when we had a core group of 7 or 8 regular starters that didn't matter too much, but understandably some of those have drifted away and now we're left with a very small grid for some of the races. Yes, the modern stuff is more popular, but that's not what we want here, and anyway there are still plenty of other groups getting bigger grids racing the historic stuff.

I would suggest trying to publicise our races on the community-races channel of the RaceRoom Discord server, as that's where the action seems to be these days: https://discordapp.com/channels/254906072748261376/255317957452890112

Either that or consider decamping to one of those other groups..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com