by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:59:49 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20FR Suzuka: May 04, 2020
May 04, 2020, 08:41:33 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - UKGTL Season 20 Fun Races
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mazda RX-3 Gr4 (#77) GTC-TC-76 1 2:19.097
94.470mph
1 47:28.282
92.269mph
20 2:19.686
94.071mph
Avon  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mazda RX-3 Gr4 (#52) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.114
93.719mph
2 +2.338
92.194mph
20 2:21.136
93.105mph
Avon  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#74) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.145
94.371mph
3 +15.491
91.770mph
20 2:19.503
94.195mph
Avon  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#17) GTC-TC-76 5 +2.772
92.624mph
4 +44.309
90.856mph
20 2:21.972
92.557mph
Dunlop  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#25) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.780
93.276mph
5 +1:21.902
89.690mph
20 2:21.770
92.688mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#74) GTC-TC-76 8 +4.834
91.297mph
6 +1:28.633
89.485mph
20 2:23.715
91.434mph
Avon  
AndyL

Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#15) GTC-TC-76 11 +5.415
90.930mph
7 +1:43.938
89.021mph
20 2:25.037
90.601mph
Dunlop  
nocatu

Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#8) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.953
92.506mph
8 +1:46.660
88.939mph
20 2:22.525
92.197mph
Dunlop  
salesman

Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#74) GTC-TC-76 10 +5.168
91.085mph
9 +2:02.074
88.477mph
20 2:23.551
91.538mph
Avon  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#8) GTC-TC-76 10 +2:05.067
88.388mph
20 2:25.880
90.077mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Toyota Celica 2000 GT (#8) GTC-TC-76 11 +1L
87.204mph
19 2:27.239
89.246mph
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Mazda RX-3 Gr4 (#23) GTC-TC-76 9 +5.105
91.125mph
12 +9L 11 2:23.786
91.389mph
suspension
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#55) GTC-TC-76 12 +6.503
90.250mph
13 +12L 8 2:26.754
89.541mph
suspension
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (#55) GTC-TC-76 6 +2.905
92.537mph
14 +19L 1 2:35.135
84.703mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Fun Races - Suzuka - May 4  (Read 1168 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2020, 06:32:21 PM +0100 »

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (20 laps)

Track: 1978 Suzuka GP. Download this (File says Suzuka 88 but it contains two tracks, '78 & '88. We are using the '78).

Cars allowed: Mazda RX-3 Gr.4 only Download this (Use this download link and not the one in our downloads section which currently requires a fix).
                       Nissan Skyline GT-R Download this (Use this download link and not the one in our downloads section which is currently out of date. Use this version and not the old one which you may already have, and which should be deleted).
                       Toyota Celica 2000 GT only Download this

Use the above download links or pm WT for a complete package in one large download (recommended).

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:05:07 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:34:18 PM +0100 »

As there is no NoGrip Legacy event this Monday, UKGTL is holding a fun race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:26:51 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

We have to withdraw two of the Nissan's due to server problems.

Please delete from your Nissan Skyline folder, cars #152CY & 162CY.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:21 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

Great fun guy's, thanks

nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:40:18 PM +0100 »

Lots of fun tonight although I'm not sure how many times I spun Grin. Lots of good racing with Andy, Rog and Tony thumbup1
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 10:50:13 PM +0100 »

Was looking like a good race till I got a flat front tyre in T1 lap2  censored

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 11:04:38 PM +0100 »

First of all i like to appologise to Tony for the 3 contacts. The first one was all my fault, the second i think he span, but i am not sure, and the third one i pushed him on the grass Sad

That was one of my wose races ever. I made so many mistakes... but it was fun thought.

At the qualy i had speed to fight for the third place but, again, i made so many mistakes.

At the start was scary, we were 4 wide at some point so i was extra carefull. After that there was fighting with the guys and the car all the time. Some of them were slower on the corners and faster on the straights so it was very hard to overtake them.

Grats to Geoffers for the win and everyone who managed to finish this tough race.

Race replay, now with camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4RMQZHiY-s

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 11:38:40 PM +0100 »

Very nice Suzuka layout, with the final section jump and fast curves, instead of the later silly chicanes.  Cars on the other hand were complete abominations on track; understeer, oversteer, any malady you could think of they seemed to posess.  Some time ago Geoffers posted some setup tips, suggesting that first you should ask yourself "What is the car doing that I would like to change".  Answer was simple: "Everyting!!"; cure not so simple however.  In the end, I could make none of them stable, so had to drive around it, and could thus just as well pick the fastest for me, which was the Mazda.

Not as good a start as hoped for, but slipped into 2nd. Had not seen Hristo on the grid, and didn't see him after the start, so wondered if he had fallen victim of the DQ bug.  Geoffers in front & Dan behind. After the close opening laps, I found myself ditching Dan at about twice the rate with which Geoffers was ditching me.  Could focus on maintaining contact with the latter, to at least try and keep some form of pressure on him, but try as I might, I couldn't keep up and he slipped away.

In the 2nd half, Geoffers was gone and I had a comfortable gap of around 20 secs to 3rd place, but then something worrying happened:  The gap started dropping, in alarming 2-sec chunks per lap. Suspected Hristo was in the race after all, and had now slogged his way through to 3rd place (which was the case).  Pushed as hard as I could, on less and less happy front tyres, but the gap continued to drop.  Late in the race however, I got a much needed break, as it suddenly jumped up again, courtesy of a spin by Hristo.

On the final lap, I came upon a recovering Geoffers at the hairpin, to finish 2 secs behind him.  A lap or two earlier, I lost around 4 secs in the same place, due to a half-spin, bugger bugger bugger...   Wink

Grats to Geoffers on the win and Hristo on 3rd and a very impressive recovery drive.

Welcome to the new guys/guests, and once more hats off to Dimitar for the video & running commentary  thumbup2
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 10:07:32 AM +0100 »

Grats to the fast guys up front and to all who took part. Thanks to Tony for setting this up as a fun event, which it certainly was.

Some different cars for me, especially the Toyota which is why I gave it a try. Once again thanks to Hristo who posted his setup online and that saved me a much grief and experimenting on Monday afternoon. It is plain that his driving is different ( or maybe just plain better!!  Wink) than mine because I still needed to tweak things before the car began to respond. But once I got things sorted and warmed the tyres at least the car was driveable.
TBH, I did not even try the other two options and simply selected the first Toyota that the mouse landed upon. Previous experience with the screaming Mazda usually gave me a headache and the Nissan has proved a tyre shredder for me in other races.

As usual I was still learning the best lines etc when the race started and was happy to be mid-grid on race fuel. Turns 1 & 2 were a little frantic, as cars exchanged paint samples up ahead , and just when I thought we had all got ourselves sorted I received a gentle "love nudge" and was spun onto the grass  Undecided
The race was great fun and for a long circuit there were very few clear passing opportunities unless the car ahead made an error. Dimitar's video shows this especially when following a faster car on the straights !! I gradually worked my way up the field and was running in 5th towards the end, but my front tyres were losing grip, giving understeer and slightly unstable braking. After some great laps of racing Dimitar was able to get past and steal my 5th spot, demoting me to 6th but quite happy with that.

Great to see such a big grid and especially pleased to see my Grand Tour partner Andy L  joining the hostilities  Grin Grin

One question I have after watching Dimitar's great video is why his Toyota was revving between 8k-10.5k, but my car was limited to 8K?? On the final corner with the nasty jump he was still accelerating in 4th right onto the straight, whereas I had to get my car into 5th way before the jump as I was already at the rev limit and let the high ratio drag it down to T1?? Are there differences between the cars of the same marque??
It did not detract from the fun during the race and I want to make it clear that I am not making any accusations here, just wondering if I should have tried the other Toyotas?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 10:52:53 AM +0100 »

One question I have after watching Dimitar's great video is why his Toyota was revving between 8k-10.5k, but my car was limited to 8K?? On the final corner with the nasty jump he was still accelerating in 4th right onto the straight, whereas I had to get my car into 5th way before the jump as I was already at the rev limit and let the high ratio drag it down to T1?? Are there differences between the cars of the same marque??
There is only one engine and one gearbox file that all the Toyota's use. Either he had a higher final ratio than you or he was slipping the clutch to over-rev his engine?

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 11:28:49 AM +0100 »

I completely forgot about this  Cry You guys were well underway when the penny dropped. And such a big field too.
Shame, I'd have loved that Celica. Good memories from a Nappe's F1VC or ICV season some years back.

I enjoyed the video though!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2020, 11:31:26 AM +0100 »

Well that was a fun night although for me it ended way to soon. On Lap 1, T1 I tapped Dan which caused him to leave the track. However due to some skillful recovery driving he was able to rejoin in front of me as I had slowed down and held the field up behind me  nono
As is obvious from Dimitar' great video, I was Ok on the straight's but all those tight turns caused my little Mazda all sorts of trouble. Just couldn't keep my foot planted on the go peddle and meet those apex's. At Degna 2 I was collected by Dimitar's Toyota and such a small impact caused me to roll over a couple of times before coming to rest, facing the wrong way and allowing several cars past. Respect to Dimitar for waiting for me to recover though  thumbup1
In fact Degna 2 caused me no end of grief during the race. Kept mistaking the gear I was in and changed down to take the turn. This put me in first gear, and not the imagined second gear that I was expecting. This caused my car to swerve sharply to the right, skating across the grass and rejoining the track facing the right way after the turn. Bit unconventional and very embarrissing. Later on in the race Dimitar hit me again at almost the same spot as before but this time he decided not to wait for me to recover my lost place  whistling
My final misfortune was on lap eleven when having successfully passed Salesman on the start/finish straight I ran out of track and talent and hit the barrier which killed my car.
Great fun though and makes me want to create a future series for these cars.
Thanks to everyone who made it a good night and welcome to Andy, hope you join us for some more, in the future.

AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 12:09:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks for having me.
I don't remember the last time I was in a GTL race. There is documentary evidence of a Le Mans 24 hour race on youtube (search for GBGTL) in which I took part maybe around 2007, which also included Erling and Dan. Around that time I also did a series or two with Minis only, where we had our own personal skins and I think Geoffers was in that too.
So I installed it last week, thought I'd try online and all went well.

I did a few laps in each car. My inexperienced thoughts were that the Toyota was slow, the Mazda was wild and the Nissan just right. I'm not into setups, just a longer click on final drive and more fuel here, but I saw that there was a tyre option. Did anyone try them and notice a difference? My aim was to stay out of trouble and that was achieved. I stayed back with a couple of others through the first lap to watch the carnage unfold in front of us, then things settled down. I had one moment, around lap7 when Tony was recovering in front from an overshoot at the hairpin and shaved my nose as he rejoined (unsighted). I don't know if it caused any damage - how do you know apart from obvious car handling or if you pit to see it on the pitboard? I didn't really feel any tyre degradation. My fronts were about 12 at the end. 12 what? I looks like the bar on XD has a long way to go before there's nothing left, maybe 30 or 40?

I had an interesting race with nocatu where he'd lose time off track and gain time on track and always be quite near me. I had breathing space near the end when he had a bad off, but with 10 seconds to spare with 3 laps left, he made a good effort to finish quite close.
Grats to Geoffers. I'll be back.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2020, 01:44:14 PM +0100 »

but I saw that there was a tyre option. Did anyone try them and notice a difference?
I tried them and for me the Dunlop bias ply's seemed a tad better in the corners. Only the Nissan had tyre options.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 01:46:11 PM +0100 »

I don't know if it caused any damage - how do you know apart from obvious car handling or if you pit to see it on the pitboard?
You don't, but your top speed may be reduced.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com