Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 05:48:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Elise Cup @ Silverstone: August 22, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Elise Cup - round 2 - Silverstone GP - 22nd August  (Read 8543 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 10:22:35 PM +0100 »

We had TPG race - Elise at Zolder. All others went as it was planned for 30 min, only for me the race lasted 2 laps. The catch seems to be a file called SIM_LEC1_25min.gdb - at least that's how they call it. Dunno what it has to be changed to work in Silverstone.

http://tpgforums.fraghard.com/showthread.php?t=1454
Hope the link works.  Roll Eyes

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 10:43:13 PM +0100 »

We had TPG race - Elise at Zolder. All others went as it was planned for 30 min, only for me the race lasted 2 laps. The catch seems to be a file called SIM_LEC1_25min.gdb - at least that's how they call it. Dunno what it has to be changed to work in Silverstone.

That implicates the car pack. Sad

I'll see if I can actually get on the TPG forums at work tomorrow.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 10:48:19 PM +0100 »

Thats typical isnt it I went from last to at least 16 in 2 laps and had a whole load of cars in front of me then it went belly up . sorry to car I SQUEEZED but I had a set up from john which I adjusted a bit . Also have to admit that I used to go quite well at Silverstone in real life. cheers gerald
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2006, 12:31:13 AM +0100 »

Shall I make a video about this race Wink?
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 02:23:13 AM +0100 »

TT

This was actually cleared up for the second race.  Long story short - the car skin pack we got was made for 1.5 and I had to go in and change the gdb file to make it work correctly for 1.4.  Here are the instructions for the car pack from our forums:

MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION ELISE CUP SKIN PACK

Download -> Elise Cup skin pack (20 megs) (you may have to do a right click and save for it download correctly)

Unpack to your base GTR folder (example: C:\Program Files\GTR) or unpack it to something like C:\temp and then copy the files over to your base GTR folder if you want to check the files first.

UPDATED

Please download this patch to correct a problem with time scaling.  Just copy the file to your GTR/GameData folder.

That's it.  This skin pack is setup as it's own season, like our standard league skin pack.  It should not interfere with the standard TPG skin pack at all.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 02:24:43 AM +0100 »

We are going to do more Elise Cup races in the future, I don't what is going to happen with GTR2 - I guess I'll have to see if the digitalracing.nl boys will be updating the car pack.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 02:30:39 AM +0100 »

woaw...

...you guys are doing your own Elise Cup?  Here I am thinking this was a thread I started for TPG... blink

[This space for rent]
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 04:58:33 AM +0100 »

Here you CAN be in both places at one time, Haiku.  Grin

TT
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2006, 06:51:00 AM +0100 »

Shame about that last night, it looked like it was shaping up for some close racing.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2006, 07:58:33 AM +0100 »

...you guys are doing your own Elise Cup?  Here I am thinking this was a thread I started for TPG... blink

laugh

Bit awkward about the patch; strictly speaking, because we agreed not to change any of the files, we shouldn't really patch it, but under the circumstances we don't really have much choice.

I've uploaded the patch to here and will make sure that the next announcement lists it.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2006, 08:34:46 AM +0100 »

Did the car pack at least work okay?

Mostly, but not entirely. THere were loads of mismatches being displayed on my screen. The ones I can remember were a message about Ruskus getting a mismatch with Mark Jonzo's car. Every time Mark went out on track it would show up a mismatch. Might have been others too but I remember seeing that one all the time.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2006, 08:56:00 AM +0100 »

Replay and results are available for your comsumption but I've assumed this event will be rerun (or scrapped) so data not imported.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2006, 09:21:20 AM +0100 »

There were loads of mismatches being displayed on my screen. The ones I can remember were a message about Ruskus getting a mismatch with Mark Jonzo's car. Every time Mark went out on track it would show up a mismatch. Might have been others too but I remember seeing that one all the time.

Don't we sometimes get those even with the standard GTR cars?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 09:21:35 AM +0100 »

Rerun scheduled for next Tuesday.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 09:56:04 AM +0100 »

Ah, the reason others were getting a mis-match with my car is i already had that small patch installed from my TPG races. I had thought that after the race i'll let Dave know about the patch so he can apply it to all, but was under the impression it was just a 'time-scaling' fix, so hadnt considered it to be a major flaw that might affect the racing as we dont race using time-scaling.  Embarrassed  I thought it would just get rid of the 'mis-match' messages. Undecided

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com