The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 08:29:19 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7FF Brands Hatch: May 14, 2020
May 14, 2020, 09:00:35 PM +0100 - Brands Hatch (Indy) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Formula Ford
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 2 +0.107
---
1 20:29.559
---
24 0 50.525
---
Dunlop  
Markus

Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 4 +0.307
---
2 +19.581
---
24 0 51.169
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 3 +0.165
---
3 +20.007
---
24 0 50.659
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 1 50.438
---
4 +1L
---
23 0 50.775
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 6 +3.451
---
5 +2L
---
22 0 54.272
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 5 +1.807
---
6 +22L 2 0 1:01.597
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Formula Ford - Brands Hatch - May 14  (Read 765 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2020, 03:25:51 PM +0100 »

RACE 1

Practice: 19:45 GMT ( 30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (10 mins)
Race: 20:25 ~ 20 Mins

Cars allowed: Formula Junior (Formula Ford-ish)
Track: Brands Hatch (INDY)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7

Championship Standings

Example Setup:
https://phspok1.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Race/2020-05-08_12-29-22_formula_raceroom_junior.svm

Geoffer's Setup https://phspok1.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Race/setups/2020-05-13_04-46-56_formula_raceroom_juniorGE.svm

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:56:37 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 05:27:11 AM +0100 »

Matt Title reads Race Room Formula Ford, instead of NSU TT!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:53:51 AM +0100 »

Matt Title reads Race Room Formula Ford, instead of NSU TT!

It is Formula Ford (RaceRoom Formula Junior), Bill. Matt has forgot to change the cars allowed bit.  Roll Eyes
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:58:41 PM +0100 »

I gave them a try last night & I was really struggling to get them to turn in. Particularly Paddock Hill Bend, seem to have very little front grip, just wanting to understeer wide all the time. Also kept having to put the brakes more to the rear to counteract a tendency to plough straight on the brakes. Although I must admit with brakes on default the rear does want to come around when you come off the brakes & have got some steering lock on. So try moving the brakes more to the rear so at least the car is starting to turn with the brakes on.

Still need to do more testing to improve the setup though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:20:09 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 03:08:45 PM +0100 »

I have put a setup example in the event page. I will do this for the 1st event page of all series.
Just my "safe" setup. May not be to others taste.

Again. If anyone has a setup they think others may find usefull. PM it to me, or PM for email address
and I will include it in the 1st Event page for any one of the series.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:07:29 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:41 PM +0100 »

A small update today, which includes 'updated physics & tyre model' for Formula RaceRoom Junior!!!!!!  Roll Eyes

Looks like a start from scratch with the setup!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 05:36:29 PM +0100 »

Hehe, perhaps. My setup is so simple, it will likely not make much difference, unless they have moved the cement block
to mid car  Roll Eyes I shall have a go with it

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 07:35:37 PM +0100 »

Notice server is currently set to 30 min race not 2 x 20 min races.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 10:16:33 PM +0100 »

Not sure where the pole lap came from, it was only about the 4th or 5th timed lap I had done! Sadly my lack of consistency certainly reared its ugly head in the first race with me falling off many times.

The 2nd race was much cleaner but there was a spell in the first 3rd to half distance where my throttle pedal was playing up and I had no acceleration. That let Geoff passed and distracted me enough the Dieter got by too. Lucky for me they did a 'Pete', falling off at the 1st corner one after the other to gift me the lead back. Somehow I hung on to win with Geoff catching ridiculously quickly!

I'm sadly going to miss the next few Thursdays, please keep everything going so there is some racing to return to Smiley

frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 11:17:11 AM +0100 »

Didn't think I'd be able to make this one as firing up the game yesterday for the first time since our last race showed my wheel wasn't being recognised.. An hour of faffing around to sort that, then I had no FFB so had to rebuild hardware profile (again), and then finally got into some practice to find my FJ setup borked with some crazy toe and camber values. I guess all of this due to the recent update, so my fault for not testing it earlier. In the end though, the races were great fun, but 3 spins at Paddock Hill is too many..!

Congrats Geoff and Pete.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 11:21:56 AM +0100 »

I was struggling to complete a lap at all. Tried fiddling with setup, I tried changing throttle sensitivity
and giving a dead band for on, but made no difference, it's like the rear is on snow
however gentle I am with the throttle on or off I just spin at several places.

Am waiting for a setup from Geoff that I can post, so maybe that will contain some missing magic  Roll Eyes

Markus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 12:32:41 PM +0100 »

My only goal for yesterday was to complete both races in oe piece. I was really slow, but in the end I have seen the finish line. The FRJ is not my friend yet. I have worked hard on a setup that on the one side lets the car turn in, on the other side not to spin on every corner exit. In the end it was quite driveable, but slow.  Grats to Geoff Pete and Frex. Next thursday in Germany ;-)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 12:35:09 PM +0100 »

Am waiting for a setup from Geoff that I can post, so maybe that will contain some missing magic  Roll Eyes

Will get that to you later today Matt.

Well that went better than I expected  Grin. Was struggling a bit in practice & qually, kept losing it in various places, probably trying a bit too hard. Took it a little easier in the races & actually turned in the same laptimes, so just a case of being smooth really. Only had the one 'moment' when the rear came around into Paddock Hill in race 2, put on plenty of opposite lock to try to save it but it just kept going. After that I did push a bit harder to make up the lost ground & was probably rather lucky not to spin again.

Congrats to Pete on the win & to Markus & Frex on the podiums.  clap clap clap
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 01:40:03 PM +0100 »

So. I did some testing with my Thrustmaster setup. And, after I had previously removed the pedal pots cleaned and replaced them
(Clutch and Accelerator) I had put them  back in the same position/allignment as the (untouched) Brake cogs were.
Tried to test and setup in the TM control panel today, but it thought the wheel and pedals were a gamepad  Shocked
reinstalled control panel, and now things look right. However the throttle was hitting 100% in the setup screen
when only at 1/2 movement, so full throttle was at 1/2 pedal position..... so, moved the cogs so the pot turned
later, and now I have full throttle at just before full pedal travel. Tried the FJ at Monza Junior, and it was perfectly
drivable  Roll Eyes went to Brands and managed 51 secs repeatably unless I got ambitious, or the rears were overheating
Still have to be carefull with corner entry and exit, and as Geoff said it does understeer, but I have even made my
setup a bit more neutral, and I can still get round with only "normal" amounts of falling off.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 02:02:45 PM +0100 »

Great news Matt, glad you sorted the problem  thumbup1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com