by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 03:15:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 NoGrip Legacy HTC Event 7: Cadwell Park Normal Race  (Read 552 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:05:44 AM +0100 »

NoGrip Legacy HTC Championship 2020
Cadwell Park  normal race event
11th of May, 2020

Due Bathurst being changed to normal race, another one with same cars in smaller track.

Server info:
- Server Name: NoGrip Legacy HTC Server
- Password: tc4ever

Event Info
Track: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3358.msg109873#post_cadwell
Allowed Classes: Division 1 classes.
  • 700 - 850cc.
  • 850 - 1000cc.
Qualifying: 25 minutes, starts at 19:35 BST.
Race: Length 25 laps, starts at approx. 20:00  BST.
Scoring:
  • Both classes score points separately. Winner of each class receives 9 points, 2nd in each class receives 8 points and so on and so forth.
  • Overall winner of the race scores additional 1 point.
  • Start in a class where driver has not started yet in this season, scores automatically 3 additional points.

Notes
- Championship main thread, with calendar, cars, classes and other info: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=18592.0

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 04:35:19 PM +0100 »

Server is up.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:31:25 PM +0100 »

Sorry to those I was driving behind with my headlamps on, my bad, and not deliberate. Only realised by about lap 7.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:37:38 PM +0100 »

I guess I discoed about lap 15!!!  Hope I didn't ghost car anyone.  Didn't get a disco message, just drove the track and then it registered "Hey nobody showing up around me.  Good racing with misnoimis, each of us were better on different parts of the track.  Think I was one cog too low and lost you on the straights.   Good fun while it lasted..

Bob M.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:51:00 PM +0100 »

Disappointing one for me due to two silly mistakes during the first two laps.  Huh
Had hoped for a similar exiting one like last year (same car, same setup) but was also missing about half a second  Tongue

Like this track/car combo.

Nice turnout.

CU next week.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 09:25:38 PM +0100 »

Apologies to Nocatu who fell victim to my unplanned excursion into the undergrowth. You very gentlemanly waited for me but there was really no need because it was entirely my fault.sorry again.
As for the rest of my race, I enjoyed everyone's  company I met on my way to the finish way back in the field. Once more I was impressed how fast Geoffers is in a Mini. Even in an 850 !
Good turn out, great racing, top entertainment on a Monday evening. Thanks Lasse we're all enjoying this to the full.
During praccy and qually we saw some unsuccesful attempts to enter the server. I think all "fresh arrivals" might want to check Nappe's downloads for the right cars. And that goes for selecting the proper car class too. No offence intended.

Oh yes...….shall we quit  all the "Thank you's" and go back to the traditional "flashing lights" to express our gratitude ? It really distracts me sometimes. Senior thing ?

Cheers, Dan
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 10:17:20 PM +0100 »

Well another event in the UKGTL League - another fun race. We had full grid + some newcomers. We had different cars, different classes and a lot of racing.

The qualy was very good for me as i made new personal best, but started not where i wanted.

The race was a little bit lonely as i was sower than the cars ahead and faster that those behind, but there were some very funny momments and mistakes.

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H40l9vI37PY

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:41:03 PM +0100 »

No need to apologize Dan, these things happen, I feel that if I hadn't tapped you, you wouldn't have gone up into the trees. I figured waiting was the right thing to do but as it took you quite some time to get going I wasn't sure you would continue or not so that's why I left after a while.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have made some slight changes to my setup after qualifying, I kept spinning at certain parts of the track due to different gear ratios. After nearly going into the pits twice I realized it would be better to simply quit as this simply wasn't my night. See ya all next time!
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 12:30:00 AM +0100 »

I'm quite pleased with tonight's race. All went well. First I found a setup in my Cadwell folder which turned out to be very tolerable. Apparently we raced here last year -zero recollection- and either I got a gift setup or it was one of my very rare succesful creations. Qualification went well too. The first three didn't count anyway as that's the Unattainable Alien League and amongst humans only nocatu was in front of me which offered the possibility of a fun full race battle. I dropped a few places at the start but that didn't bother me. Staying on the track was going to be far more important. I always keep some extra distance and tolerance in the first lap anyway and once again that paid off as Dan and -alas- nocatu had a bit of a tiff. A bit later I managed to squeeze past Mike Harley which put me in fourth, which, again, I considered First of the Humans. The gap with the Aliens grew so fast that Dimitar could even afford a few hiccups -confirmed in another enjoyable video which is most appreciated- without having to worry too much about me. Behind me the gap grew to some 20 seconds so I could consolidate quite early. Finally a race in 2020 I didn't mess up in one way or another!

Congratulations to the podium. How on earth you guys manage it, I'll never know, let alone be capable of.

@Hristo! I'm sure you didn't realize it but you parked your car plonk in the middle of the opposite side of the track after you finished. At least 4 cars, myself included, had to avert it with a last second swerve.

@Dan, I agree with you. It's implicitly clear anyway that it's very appreciated. Not having a 'Thank you' button assigned I started saying 'Hi' to those I passed because there were so many "Thank you's" I started to feel like an ungrateful bastard when not saying anything.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 01:40:00 AM +0100 »

Congratulations to the podium. How on earth you guys manage it, I'll never know, let alone be capable of.

@Hristo! I'm sure you didn't realize it but you parked your car plonk in the middle of the opposite side of the track after you finished. At least 4 cars, myself included, had to avert it with a last second swerve.

@Dan, I agree with you. It's implicitly clear anyway that it's very appreciated. Not having a 'Thank you' button assigned I started saying 'Hi' to those I passed because there were so many "Thank you's" I started to feel like an ungrateful bastard when not saying anything.

Thanks, it was mostly down to getting lucky with the car setup shortly before qualifying. I found out that on this track it really helped to have a soft front for the Abarth, to combat the excessive understeer it normally suffers from. I was surprised how much that improved the lap times though, wasn't expecting it.

I realized what I've done only after I watched Dimitar's video! Very sorry about this, I tried to do victory donuts after the finish, but the rears gripped and the car accelerated right into the other side of the track! I hit escape by habit, forgetting that cars remain on track in this game and not disappear like in rFactor and other sims. I hope it didn't ruin someone's final lap...

As for the thank you's, I have exactly the same opinion. I don't use it and seeing so many people use it is not only distracting, but also makes me feel guilty of not doing it myself  Grin I like flashing the car's headlights instead.

Congrats to Markus for an excellent drive in the BMW and Dimitar for 3rd! Cadwell is such a great track, especially the final sector.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 10:41:07 AM +0100 »

Cadwell Park, one of my all time favourite circuits. I was definitely not going to waste this opportunity, racing the lower class cars that struggle to make inclines, but chose the wonderful full fat Mini 970 with it's umpteen gearing options. I joined the server during qualy and immediately set off to put some times on the board. During this period, a new driver (beatchman, French, first registered yesterday) joined the server with a wrong car  censored . I only had the cars allowed for this race unlocked, so I was suddenly stuttering around the track, totally hopeless. Had to CTRL/ALT/DEL to get out of GTL, quickly turned on all the cars for this season and rejoined just before qualy ended. Not great.
When the race started I was making good progress up the field but did a dum pass attempt on someone and ended up in no mans  land so quit out.
Not one of my better nights.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 11:01:48 AM +0100 »

I think I must be getting the hang of this on-line racing again now. I didn’t knock anything over and managed to set everything up securly for the second week running.

I also enjoyed the race. The only issues being my lack of pace and talent.

I chose the Abarth thinking that maybe the five speed gearbox might be an advantage. Also, on a holiday in Italy when in my late teens I was wowed by seeing them racing round the streets of Milan with tyres screeching and thinking that I must aspire to one of these. I did manage a Fiat 600 and put racing mirrors on it.

For the race the only change I made to the default setup was to go with higher gearing. I think fifth was a bit too high for the fast uphill sections and fourth a bit too low but if my technique had been a little better it might have worked. Initially I was involved in a race with Tony and Bob. I was hoping for a re run of the last race I had with Tony (when I had the faster car). But his Mini was just as quick as me on the straights and he had a slight edge in the corners and on acceleration so I had to watch as he slowly pulled ahead and out of my reach. However this allowed a really interesting race with Bob who had chosen a lower gearing for the setup in his Mini. This lasted for about two thirds of the race until he got unfortunately disconnected. That was very disappointing and the rest of my race was lonely and a bit boring. Overall it was enjoyable and it was fantastic to see such a good turnout.

Grats to winners and podiums and all.  clap clap clap   
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 11:20:03 AM +0100 »

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H40l9vI37PY
Nice video Dimitar, but I have a question. In your XD graphic, top left of screen, why is there no engine health % showing? My XD has it showing in the middle of the car. Is this something you can turn off?
I ask this because I notice in your video's that you join the start grid quite late. I assumed that everyone would get to the grid as quickly as possible to check there engine health % and Esc out and rejoin the grid to try to get a good engine health % number, or is this not the case? I know it's what I do. However if your unaware of this feature of XD this would explain why you delay joining the grid. Just curious  Huh

Markus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51:11 AM +0100 »

It is a great track and I love it. Last season we were here as well and I was nearly as fast. I was sure, that Hristo would overtake me at the start even if I had the pole, but to my surprise I won the start. Before the first tight righthander Hristo overtook me and pulled slowly away. Nothing I could do. Maybe I`ll take the Abarth the next time ;-).
Grats Hristo and Dimitar, Geoffers for the win in the small class and all others.

I didn`t want to annoy anyone but saying "thank you" for  letting me pass. If this is disturbing I will use my lights.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 12:12:12 PM +0100 »

Nice video Dimitar, but I have a question. In your XD graphic, top left of screen, why is there no engine health % showing? My XD has it showing in the middle of the car. Is this something you can turn off?
I ask this because I notice in your video's that you join the start grid quite late. I assumed that everyone would get to the grid as quickly as possible to check there engine health % and Esc out and rejoin the grid to try to get a good engine health % number, or is this not the case? I know it's what I do. However if your unaware of this feature of XD this would explain why you delay joining the grid. Just curious  Huh

I need to check out the XD.ini settings Tony as in other instalations of the game i think i have the Engine wear on. I am everytime joining the race when there is a 7 seconds left (one of my favorite numbers) and maybe some kind of superstition.  Grin

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com