The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 05:09:48 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7FF Monza: June 04, 2020
June 04, 2020, 09:02:18 PM +0100 - Monza (Junior) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Formula Ford
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Markus

Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 1 52.746
---
1 20:34.257
---
23 0 52.517
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 2 +0.033
---
2 +6.118
---
23 0 52.497
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 5 +1.191
---
3 +16.321
---
23 0 53.575
---
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 3 +0.338
---
4 +29.713
---
23 0 52.797
---
Dunlop  
BiriBiri

Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 6 +1.527
---
5 +37.253
---
23 0 53.756
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 4 +0.971
---
6 +41.432
---
23 0 53.149
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 7 +1.658
---
7 +44.469
---
23 0 54.256
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 8 +2.227
---
8 +19L 4 0 58.311
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
{unknown}
---
Markus
Qualifying
Raceroom Formula JuniorJune 04, 2020, 09:02:18 PM +0100
E7FF
Race Room Experience
{unknown}
---
frex
Race
Raceroom Formula JuniorJune 04, 2020, 09:02:18 PM +0100
E7FF
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Formula Ford - Monza - Jun 4  (Read 1390 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2020, 03:43:05 PM +0100 »

RACE 1

Practice: 19:45 GMT ( 30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (10 mins)
Race: 20:25 ~ 20 Mins

Cars allowed: Formula Junior
Track: Monza (Junior)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Geoffer's setup from Brands:

https://phspok1.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Race/setups/2020-05-13_04-46-56_formula_raceroom_juniorGE.svm
Copy to your "C:\Users\(yourname)\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Brands Hatch\Indy" or equivalent
(Will need gearing up a couple of clicks)

My easy setup from Monza https://phspok1.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Race/setups/2020-05-24_02-51-48_formula_raceroom_juniorMatt1.svm

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 09:28:23 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 05:55:14 PM +0100 »

Goodevening,

New player in town  Grin, and starting with SimRacing. I'm from Belgium and  downloaded 3 weeks ago Raceroom and got into simRacing due to the lockdown  Cheesy.

Question should and can i inscribe me for this race?

Did for the moment now +/- 80/100 laps on Monza Junior track (Practice/quali/race against AI (lvl97)) and my average laptime is 56.1s (my fastest is 54.6s on the leaderboard). With the setup of Geoffers for Brands Hatch (only changed the gearing and brake biase)

Only problem is consistency for me (keeping the focus for 20min, and don't look at the view  Roll Eyes )! In a race if i drive alone (in the lead, or at the back) every 10min i make a stupid mistake and loose 5/10sec.

Grts
Birger
Nick: BiriBiri

PS: srry for the poor english Wink
Start here section is read
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:41:08 PM +0100 by BiriBiri » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 06:29:51 PM +0100 »

Welcome Birger (Biribi?)
You are registered with this forum, that is all you need to do for any series at SROUK

I can not remember my times at Monza Junior, but I will post here when I get some.
We have a few very fast people, and some slower ones (like me) You will fit in ok don't worry  Grin

We are running 3 series for Race Room at the moment. This Thursday it is Touring Classics + Porsche 964 at Dubai International
please join that event if you can  thumbup1

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20052#event8892

Please ask if you have any questions, we are a friendly crowd, and someone will always be happy to help.

Matt.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:32:11 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 08:49:55 PM +0100 »

Welcome Birger (Biribi?)
You are registered with this forum, that is all you need to do for any series at SROUK

I can not remember my times at Monza Junior, but I will post here when I get some.
We have a few very fast people, and some slower ones (like me) You will fit in ok don't worry  Grin

We are running 3 series for Race Room at the moment. This Thursday it is Touring Classics + Porsche 964 at Dubai International
please join that event if you can  thumbup1

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20052#event8892

Please ask if you have any questions, we are a friendly crowd, and someone will always be happy to help.

Matt.

Thx

A little bit short notice, and currently only owning the free cars and tracks + only bought the european track pack.

Now only driving FRJ (not easy, but training driving skills), Silhoutte and Aquila (easy to drive (fun)).

So for now enough to learn these cars and tracks, maybe the next event. For the moment my first race will be the 4th of june FRJ Monza Junior.

Thx
BiriBiri
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 01:27:09 PM +0100 »

Welcome BiriBiri, nice to an influx of new faces in town Smiley

Like phspok I'm one of the slower drivers and I make too many silly mistakes too but as long as we're respectful to each other the racing is great fun. The other day Matt and myself were so far behind in the race we kept waiting for each other when one of us fell off. Sadly I can't race at the moment but will return in a few weeks time and look forward to seeing you new guys there Smiley

P.S. If you're going to invest in RRE look at buying their tokens, you get a discount if you buy more. Then buy as much as you can in a sale to get a double discount. You only need to buy one car in a class if you're not wishing to race a different skin each week but the game still has the full content so you'll always see other drivers in the skin they selected.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 04:27:53 PM +0100 »

Welcome BiriBiri, nice to an influx of new faces in town Smiley

Like phspok I'm one of the slower drivers and I make too many silly mistakes too but as long as we're respectful to each other the racing is great fun. The other day Matt and myself were so far behind in the race we kept waiting for each other when one of us fell off. Sadly I can't race at the moment but will return in a few weeks time and look forward to seeing you new guys there Smiley

P.S. If you're going to invest in RRE look at buying their tokens, you get a discount if you buy more. Then buy as much as you can in a sale to get a double discount. You only need to buy one car in a class if you're not wishing to race a different skin each week but the game still has the full content so you'll always see other drivers in the skin they selected.

Thx,

I know already bought the europe pack track (first buying the VRP online with a discount and then the pack purchase). Question for the cars, so if i buy only 1 livery of the WTCC..... i can ride in the WTCC class?

Still training for this thursday first race (now on AI lvl 99). Pitty there are almost now FRJ open lobbies to race. Question, are there any guys online this evening?

Third question  Grin ; I was previous thursday online on teamspeak during the Touring class race, but nobody was in there. Are you using teamspeak during the race's?

grts
BiriBiri
Ingame RaceRoom: Birger Meysman
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:07:55 PM +0100 »

If it's a single car class, then any one livery is all you need.
If it's a multi car class - Touring Classics etc, then you pick any one car with any one livery to be able to race
I tend to buy one livery for all cars in a class so I can test them, but you don't need to.
You can test drive any car you like for free, but if you want to race it at all circuits you must buy at least one livery.

Not sure about teamspeak, we do use it, I don't, but some do. Pete (Picnic) will know more than I about it?

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 06:15:02 PM +0100 »

Hi just done a few laps at Monza Junior not as fast as BiriBiri but car good fun to drive, might join you for race (if that is okay), as finding other days getting more difficult to race, unlike others in lock down i have less time to praccy full time carer at home with two special needs girls, would be good for me if server can be changed to Monza Junior so test my connection and try car online.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 08:13:16 PM +0100 »

Of course you can join Roger, in fact I may consider paying you to join  Roll Eyes
I will set the server now. Not important at the moment as I am around, but normally it's best not to join the race server
before 19:45 race night, as it sets the clock running. AT the moment I can restart the server, so no problem.
Password will be the usual practice password, which will be reset at 19:45 race night to the... errr... usual race password  Grin

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 09:24:22 AM +0100 »

Not sure about teamspeak, we do use it, I don't, but some do. Pete (Picnic) will know more than I about it?
Spanner and myself used to talk on TS when racing but since my attendance has been erratic and Spanner's gone off to play other stuff  Roll Eyes it was only me when I could race. As a result I stopped. When I'm back I'll certainly log back on and check to see if others are there.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 09:43:15 AM +0100 »

I think the Italians use it, though we haven't heard from them this new season.
Not Spanner in particular, just curious, what "other stuff" have people gone off to play with?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:45:28 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 12:03:32 PM +0100 »

Thanks Phspok tried server late last night and worked fine.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 05:52:05 PM +0100 »

OK thx, so for the moment TS is not used.

Thanks Phspok tried server late last night and worked fine.

I did yesterday also the check, and worked fine.

Only during single event with AI i notice i break much earlier than the AI in T1. Tried to break later but misses the corner than every time (is my setup than wrong, or is the AI not that real?)

see ya, thursday
BiriBiri
RaceRoom name: Birger Meysman
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 06:11:55 PM +0100 »

I have never used the AI, so can't comment, but don't expect them to be perfectly human  alien

Just ran a few laps at Monza Jnr. Best was a lucky 53.7 with lots of mid 54 seconds
errr and a few investigations of the barriers at T1  Roll Eyes

I would expect Geoffers and Frex to be at least a second faster than that.
Hot lapping, and doing 20 mins and not falling off (twice, it's two races with 2nd race reverse grid)
is a different jeu de balle  sweatdrop
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 06:48:46 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 06:20:00 PM +0100 »

I brake just before the second large (orange?) marker board on the left, if that helps Birger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com