The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 01:24:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 Donington Park: June 10, 2020
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 - Donington Park 1938 fun - Jun 10  (Read 823 times)
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 10:14:36 PM +0100 »

It was the first time that I tried this combo (like almost every week since I'm pretty new to simracing lol).
On the first laps on Monday I completely disliked this car, too much understeer on the entry of a corner for my taste, I tried my best to let her oversteer on the entry and I think I got a good balance just before quali. My quali lap was quite good compared to what I achieved on practise last days.
I thought the start with that kind of grid all together would be a suicide but it ended quite well. I manage to get a good start and gain some places. I then tried to stay with the top the first laps.
I was behind Lorenzo few laps, I had a good exit at Coppice, we were side by side on the straight and I backed off before the hairpin since it was too risky.
Then there was contact. I think that the car in front of Lorenzo blocked the wheels, so Lorenzo was almost stopped at the middle of the corner, I was a bit surprised, I tried to brake but I also block the front wheels. we touched and Lorenzo got stuck. I'm sorry for that Lorenzo.
After that Fabri passed me. I tried to catch him but made a few mistakes. Then was cruising until Maxime closed the gap behind on the last two minutes. We made 1 or 2 laps very close but then I saw him parking the car after the hairpin. What a pity.
Last two laps I was on brutal fuel saving.
I didn't expect to like this combo since I didn't have a good feel with the car but a nice race anyway!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:48:59 PM +0100 by Barone » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 10:17:59 PM +0100 »

Got a bloody disco 1minute from the end  Angry fuming with BT who said they’d sorted it out last week- same issues almost every night  Roll Eyes

Sorry to a red car at t1 at race start, who was on outside staying clear, my car just understeered into your left rear.  Embarrassed
Was enjoying first few laps in a convoy but someone got out of shape downhill and I went off trying to avoid them. Then it was playing catch up and I cocked up a couple of times. Was finishing clear 8th until the very late disco  Sad
Cars looked cool on track but not really my bag this vintage to race with  Undecided albeit huge respecter of Fangio and Moss  Cool

nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 11:06:01 PM +0100 »

I think that was me Mark, don't worry about it though no harm done!

I wasn't expecting to finish the race to be honest, in offline practice I kept cutting the track and making mistakes but I somehow managed to keep it together, I even managed to go a full second faster than what I had achieved offline. Many thanks to Fabri for posting that setup, I realized my dampers were way too soft and once I changed the setting the car was a lot better. Still, it's quite difficult to setup and find a proper balance.

Had a bit of a quiet race apart from a moment at the last hairpin, car got completely out of shape under braking, oversteered and I almost went over to the other side at the exit of the corner Shocked.  In the end I managed to get back to where I started  as many of you had various issues, a couple more laps and I might have caught Syd for 5th but I ran out of time.
Thanks for organizing Tim!
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 11:45:45 PM +0100 »

Highlights of the race from my perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNdBf9gw70&feature=youtu.be
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 11:59:20 PM +0100 »

My start was terrible. Grin I probably released the clutch badly and so i moved too under-torque (I had forgotten that 1st was long enough). cursing   I hope I didn't make a mess, but being on left side, I shouldn't have done too much caos. Old Donington's grid is crazy. In 3 races, there, I never managed to get ahead in the first corner. I've always had to make long comebacks. Also this time but by my mistake.
Luckily I didn't end up too far, I was 8th at first corner and not very far from the leader group.

At mid-race I was third, behind Tim wich was in battle with Adam. I stayed behind them to wait for the right moment. When he passed him at the hairpin, I also had a chance to do that, but I did too much sideway like a stupid-young-boy on the exit. From that point, Tim was able to make a gap, while Adam and me were in fight. The last few laps I was a little tired and I started driving pretty badly. In any case, I managed to finish second, not bad.

Impressive laps by Tim.

A good race with a good number of pilots. I like this car.  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 08:29:20 AM +0100 »

I pretty much suck at this sim racing lark but it's something to pass the time Wink

Sadly I suck even worse at these, avoided the accidents at the start but trying to be helpful letting faster cars through meant I understeered wide on to the the grass before the final hairpin and braking on grass is not too bright. At least I crashed and only took myself out. In hindsight I probably should have quit before the start.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 08:57:43 AM +0100 »

Angry  Disco'd 4 times before race then on lap 5. Found this car a challenge, even more so with the ridiculous badly placed mirrors making awareness of a car behind impossible if using vr. Hope the promise of a gigabyte internet line comes sooner than later to my neck of the woods...
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 11:51:36 AM +0100 »

Angry  Disco'd 4 times before race then on lap 5. Found this car a challenge, even more so with the ridiculous badly placed mirrors making awareness of a car behind impossible if using vr. Hope the promise of a gigabyte internet line comes sooner than later to my neck of the woods...
Have you tried crewchief? I rely on that to tell me when someone is along side, and it works pretty well. I'm sure Bob is a supported name, so he'll even call you by your name Smiley.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 11:52:48 AM +0100 »

Had a slow start which gave me some time to react to the incident at T1 but had to take to the grass and tip toe around the outside losing a few places.

Rejoined just behind Syd with whom I had a great battle for many laps, eventually pulling a small gap only to throw it away at the bottom of Melbourne hairpin  Roll Eyes Braked in the same place as usual but must have locked up causing me to overshoot the banking and scare a few spectators. Car seemed to be damaged so I entered pit but crew weren't interested. I grabbed a beer and watched the rest of the race from the bar  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:34 PM +0100 »

Grin Will give it a try Syd cheers.
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2020, 04:07:01 PM +0100 »

I thought the start with that kind of grid all together would be a suicide but it ends quite well. I manage to get a good start and gain some places. I then tried to stay with the top the first laps.
I was behind Lorenzo few laps, I had a good exit at Coppice, we were side by side on the straight but I back off before the hairpin since it was too risky.
Then there was contact. I think that the car in front of Lorenzo blocked the wheels, so Lorenzo was almost stopped at the middle of the corner, I was a bit surprised, I tried to brake but I also block the front wheels. we touched and Lorenzo got stuck. I'm sorry for that Lorenzo.

No Problem Barone.

Race was really fun until i crashed my Maserati after just a few laps, seems i had lack of speed in the long straight, but i felt very confident in the mixed part of the track.
See you next week in those angry beasts!
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:07 PM +0100 »

This combo was really nice !

I thought I was very late for the Qual, hurried my gearstick disassemble/reassemble to clean the old crappy grease and put some new from Facom, and change the rubber bands modif (TH8RS). But I was wrong of 1 hour and so I could train a bit more.

Did a very poor Qual for various reasons.

Race start was lazy but kept power passed on the ground at least, then at the T1 entry, was forced to make an evasive manoeuver to the right (sic) and still ended with a contact with Syd car's skidding. In a word, got cought  in that S/L end mayhem.

Got nice fights then. Sry Mark for the tap.

My fuel estimation was completely wrong, I went out of fuel about 2 laps before the chequerred.  Grin

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com