The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 03:10:17 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7GT2 Bathurst: August 02, 2020
August 02, 2020, 09:21:33 PM +0100 - Bathurst - RRE Season 7 (2020) GT2
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

BMW M3 GT2 GT2 1 +2:03.772
---
1 40:53.245
---
19 0 2:03.987
---
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R GT2 GT2 3 +2:04.617
---
2 +28.899
---
19 0 2:04.072
---
Michelin  
azaris

Chevrolet Corvette C6-R GT2 GT2 5 +2:06.743
---
3 +51.313
---
19 0 2:06.671
---
Michelin  
BiriBiri

Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 4 +2:06.579
---
4 +52.658
---
19 0 2:06.539
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 7 +2:07.645
---
5 +1:23.369
---
19 0 2:07.151
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 GT2 GT2 6 +2:07.528
---
6 +1:28.200
---
19 0 2:08.842
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Cadillac CTS-V.R GT2 2 +2:03.945
---
7 +5L 14 0 2:04.772
---
unknown
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 GT2 GT2
---
8 +15L 4 0 2:19.970
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT2
2:03.772
---
Glenn Richardson
Qualifying
BMW M3 GT2August 02, 2020, 09:21:33 PM +0100
E7GT2
Race Room Experience
GT2
2:03.987
---
Glenn Richardson
Race
BMW M3 GT2August 02, 2020, 09:21:33 PM +0100
E7GT2
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) RRE GT2 - Bathurst - Aug 2  (Read 922 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2020, 10:11:29 PM +0100 »

Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (40mins)

Cars allowed: GTR2

Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling start
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: none required

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
(6) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
 [/quote][/quote]
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:15:38 PM +0100 »

Back to RRE this Sunday for the final round of the GT2 series with a race round Bathurst!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:39:54 AM +0100 »

Practice server is up for tonights race
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:55:49 PM +0100 »

Hope to race tonight with my new G29 steering wheel, it seemed OK in practice this morning - so fingers crossed. Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 09:59:20 PM +0100 »

Damn, why i didn't defended in hell corner.  Grin Great race Toni had a fight for 40min never more than 2sec apart. Myself leading for 32min and overtaken with 8min on the clock.  Angry why i didn't defended because when you passed me, it was impossible to overtake you because you had a better aero setup for the straights.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:16:13 PM +0100 by BiriBiri » Logged
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 07:44:47 AM +0100 »

I feel I was let off the hook there as I didn't have enough fuel. I'd carried over my Mid Ohio fuel load.

I ran two wheels into the gravel on the first lap at the top of the hill and let Frex through as trying to stay in front through the esses and the dipper with gravel on my tyres could have ended up with me or both of us in the wall. Fortunately I took the lead back a lap later when Frex was a little wide getting onto the straight leaving Geoff and Frex to battle although I was worried as I already knew I was short on fuel and began short shifting.

Geoff stayed within touching distance for most of the race, not sure if he made a mistake but with 10 minutes to go I was able to start coasting and eventually saved enough fuel to get to the end.

Well done Geoff and Toni for podium positions and to everyone who took part as Bathurst is unforgiving.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:12:47 AM +0100 by Glenn Richardson » Logged
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 09:49:36 AM +0100 »

Barely missing out on 4th in quali when I was 0.2s up on my last lap but spun the rears coming out of the chicane meant that I was going to have to make some passes or rely on mistakes to get ahead of anyone.

Trailed behind Birger from the start and tried to pressure him into making a mistake as our pace was very similar. Was within a second for a while and tried to make a move into Griffins but did not get it done. It was tough to get into an overtaking position as I was understeering through the fast mountain section and catching up when accelerating out of the slow corners, but never far enough to get alongside at the end of the straights.

Then I made some mistakes and fell 2 secs behind. With 15 minutes to go, the tyres were starting to get toasty so I threw TC on 1 to conserve them and settled in to see if he would make a mistake. Four laps from the end he did, going wide in the Esses and I got on his trail. He finally left a hole going into turn 1 and made it stick. Only then did Crew Chief inform me I was actually 3rd!

Hoping not to throw away two podiums in one week, I drove gingerly making mistakes here and there, but Birger could not capitalise and I nursed the ill-handling car to the finish.

Kudos everyone for the clean racing on one of the hardest circuits in the game.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:30 AM +0100 »

Never go well here, although initially it looked promising as I was keeping pace with Glenn and starting to pull a slight gap on Geoff in P3. Then Glenn went wide at the top of the mountain and backed off to let me through at a very dangerous spot (thanks). However I went wide myself a lap later at the hairpin leading onto Conrod and he was back past again. Soon after that though I was struggling - I had picked up some minor damage so maybe it was that, or the tyres already going off, or just me. Probably the latter. Anyway I felt Geoff would have a better shot at catching Glenn, so I let him by.

The gaps however seemed fairly stable after that for some time, but then Geoff brushed the barrier and I got past again. Glenn was 9 seconds ahead at this point and I was happy to just cruise to the finish, but then I had another incident at that same hairpin leading onto Conrod, downshifting too early and locking the back end. I ended up facing the wrong way across the track at the corner exit, with Geoff just a few seconds behind. Not sure if you have Crewchief or similar Geoff to warn you, but I thought the safest option was to ESC out of there and get my car out of the way. It's a blind entry and no way you would have seen me before you got around the corner. So another retirement, but glad that one's over!

Congrats to Glenn and podium.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 12:07:13 PM +0100 »

Actually you would have been OK Frex, I always have labels turned on & I could see yours as I approached so slowed enough that I could take avoiding action.

Congrats to Glenn on a dominant victory, I was going as fast as I dared & still you were easing away despite fuel saving. I was too tentative on the first couple of laps & lost 3-4s to the leaders but then got most of it back when Glenn had his moment. Kept pace with Frex for a couple of laps until he let me past & hoped to maybe close on Glenn, but it didn't happen so decided to drive a little more carefully. As often happens when you ease the pace I made a mistake at the Cutting & Frex went past. Inherited 2nd again when Frex quit then towards the end I got lured into trying to improve my best laptime which led to a couple of big errors, the second of which I thought had punctured a tyre, but it must have been the loss of grip caused by going into the gravel trap as the weird feeling to the handling wore off.

Once again congrats to Glenn & to Toni in 3rd.  clap clap

Happy to have won the championship but it may have been different had Glenn not missed the Zandvoort race.
vwspeedgp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 03:16:27 PM +0100 »

Well done all sorry I missed it had city wide power outage 45 min before practice start. This was a great series hope we can do another gt 2 series soon.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 03:30:15 PM +0100 »

An exciting night with my new G29,liked it very much, will talk a few more races to get fully use to it. Getting use to the brakes is the main problem, Bathurst has been a jinx lately! Also in GTL where I tried to over take a class lower car just before the braking area at end of Conrod Straight and lost it in a big way, writing off my Mini! Last night, like frex, I lost it out of turn one and after couple of attempts to get started again was blocking the track with a damage car I quit as I thought I’d blocking for the leader!  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 08:58:30 PM +0100 »

Happy to have won the championship but it may have been different had Glenn not missed the Zandvoort race.

Yes, well done on winning the series  clap

I couldn't match your pace at Spa, Mid Ohio and had it not been for the mistake at Hockenheim you'd have won that one too. It's a shame I wasn't able to get into the Zandvoort race as it could have been a good duel in the end but you have to be in it to win it.

I've never tried the other GT2 cars so couldn't say if there are any major performance differences but enjoyed driving the M3 and it never seemed outclassed by the other cars.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 08:59:49 PM +0100 »

A bit of a mixed event for me. managed a couple of good Q laps with a decent flow over the top of the mountain, but just didn't have any pace in the race and drifted backwards. I tried making my car as wide as possible to hold phspok back but after a few attempts he found a way past.

I have enjoyed racing these GT2's, and it has been nice to have a fairly decent size grid at most races. Thanks to all that took part.

On to GT4's for the next series as they seem to be the popular choice at the moment.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 02:16:28 PM +0100 »

Is the GT4 confirmed for the next series then?
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 08:57:47 PM +0100 »

Is the GT4 confirmed for the next series then?

yes the series kicks off on 20 September, see the RRE Announcements section for details
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com