by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 02:34:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldtop's wheel woes  (Read 162 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2020, 02:24:54 PM +0100 »

Thought I'd reinstall GTL and have a drive in the Monday night series but my wheel has other ideas. This little movie shows the problem....

https://youtu.be/eJmcqv_insU

If I load my son's userdata folder I can choose a track/car and drive around but when I try to set wheel or keyboard bindings in options/controls everything falls apart  Sad

This thread covers what I've tried but so far no luck....

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=20122#event9371

Tearing my hair out with this so any other ideas welcome.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 03:37:05 PM +0100 »

I expect it's in your long thread somewhere, but I've had trouble before with GTL seeing my wheel as something else
creating a new driver and going through the settings usually cures it. I have had to choose sidewinder or something
on the right hand of the screen to get things to work sometimes. Even though it displays what your wheel is
on the left, it seems to confuse the carp out of it if it isn't something it knew about when the game was written

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:28 PM +0100 »

Well I've managed to do a workaround if not exactly a fix. I disconnected my wheel from the pc and was then able to go to options/controls and bind a few keys that I needed by using keyboard and mouse. Good job I had my son's userdata folder to work with or I'd have been totally stuck. Must be something to do with my wheel and not the install.

Anyway, all seems to run well now so looking forward to joining some of the Monday events when I've managed to find my way into multiplayer Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com