The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 02:19:44 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7Cklass Spa: June 11, 2020
June 11, 2020, 08:54:49 PM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Merc C Klasse '95
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 1 +2:23.055
---
1 31:23.898
---
13 0 2:22.883
---
Bridgestone  
Glenn Richardson

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 3 +2:23.766
---
2 +11.076
---
13 0 2:23.527
---
Bridgestone  
Markus

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 2 +2:23.622
---
3 +18.748
---
13 0 2:24.805
---
Bridgestone  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 4 +2:25.746
---
4 +39.449
---
13 0 2:25.072
---
Bridgestone  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown}
---
5 +54.249
---
13 0 2:26.720
---
Bridgestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 7 +2:27.943
---
6 +55.408
---
13 0 2:26.496
---
Bridgestone  
BiriBiri

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 5 +2:25.772
---
7 +1:06.409
---
13 0 2:27.162
---
Bridgestone  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 8 +2:29.413
---
8 +1:33.917
---
13 0 2:29.358
---
Bridgestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 6 +2:26.528
---
9 +1L 12 0 2:26.155
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 9 +2:41.910
---
10 +12L 1 0 2:57.756
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Merc C Klasse '95 - Spa - Jun 11  (Read 933 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2020, 08:36:59 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed:Mercedes "C" Klasse 1995
Track: Spa (GP)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:27:21 AM +0100 »

Looking forward to a blast round Spa tonight
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 10:31:09 AM +0100 »

Me too, should be a good one  thumbup1

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:11:24 PM +0100 »

Hi will try and make this race and be on server before qual but can`t promise, will use default setup as no time to make one. Hope that is okay with you guys.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 01:28:10 PM +0100 »

Sure, please come along Roger. The default setup is quite drivable

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 09:21:57 PM +0100 »

Well that was a series of disasters Sad

I don't know what tyres everyone took but I found I was a quick on the hards as I was on the softs and thinking they'd last longer I did the last of practice and all of qualy with my race setup. First lap and I get an oversteer on corner entry at the hairpin before the corner with no name. Hadn't had a hint of this at anytime before, in fact the car understeers everywhere. No idea what happened and sorry for the disruption it caused to everyone behind me.

Later on lap 1 I then had major understeer and went wide, again much more dramatic than any previous similar moment.

After that didn't fall off once even though I was pushing quite hard at times. Sadly I'd miscalculate the number of laps so ran out of fuel on the last one  Roll Eyes

Anyway back to the tyres. Did everyone take hards as 3 of mine were flashing red when I ran out of fuel. This surprised me somewhat as I was running a lot of TC which I thought would help protect the tyres from me spinning them up and wearing them.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 09:25:01 PM +0100 »

Great race, hope also for the rest of the pack.

Qualified well P5 from the 9. In the start it was going slow onto Raidilion, so i went of a little bit more into Eau Rouge, so i could go early on the throttle going up Raidilion. So i had with the slipstream a magnificent run on Kemmel Straight. And went to P3, unfortunately a blue car (picnic) slipped in Bruxelles, and i collided with it (couldn't avoid it because i was full on the steering wheel and was scared to hit the brakes hard) not that great of a impact only lost 1 place to phspok.

Then due to such a great start i was with drivers that are too fast and pushed/overdrived the car a little bit. (off track in and some gravel on tires in Pouhon).
Halfway a fight with SRW and phspok for +/- 10min than also that pace was too fast, and was hoping picnic wouldn't cath me. Last lap, picnic dissapeared (don't know why?)

Question: Was i too aggressive in lap 1?; did i hindered some drivers in lap 1?

gtrs Biri
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:26:35 PM +0100 by BiriBiri » Logged
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 09:31:07 PM +0100 »

Anyway back to the tyres. Did everyone take hards as 3 of mine were flashing red when I ran out of fuel. This surprised me somewhat as I was running a lot of TC which I thought would help protect the tyres from me spinning them up and wearing them.

Qualified on the softs, and did the race on the hards.

No change in setup between Quali and Race (not that great in understanding the car first month in to simRacing). Hard tires where at 50% at end of the race but the max temp in the tires was 75degr. So green in the webhud (never red, on the straights even blue and warnings from Crewchief that my tires where cold). Noticed that in Practice and only decreased the pressure from 202 towards 200.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 09:32:13 PM +0100 »

Well done Frex, I think you had a bit extra everywhere but particularly at Eau Rouge and the final chicane.

I did my usual trick of destroying the rear tyres and found out 12.8 gallons of fuel definitely wasn't enough. Even coasting the last few laps I don't think I had enough fuel on board at the end to make it to Eau Rouge.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 09:36:18 PM +0100 »

Hard tires where at 50% at end of the race but the max temp in the tires was 75degr. So green in the webhud (never red, on the straights even blue and warnings from Crewchief that my tires where cold). Noticed that in Practice and only decreased the pressure from 202 towards 200.
I wasn't using crewchief, downloaded it today but forgot to install it  Roll Eyes The wear indicator I was referring to is the one with the games own display. Does anyone know at what wear % it goes to yellow and then the flashing red?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 09:36:54 PM +0100 »

Great racing  Grin Had some good battles with Stephen and Birger, went off at t1 with too much right foot, and followed Birger and Stephen for some laps
then after Birger went off hounded Stephen as well as I could, but wasn't quite able to get within passing distance. Was a good chae though.
I ran softs in the race, and had 4 orange at the finish with a flashing orange front left.

Not certain on percent, but yellow seems to be about 1/2 flashing orange (red?) is 1/4 or so
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 09:38:50 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:48 AM +0100 »

Amazing start by Pete got him right to the front and alongside me heading down to Eau Rouge. I think we both sensed danger there and were each backing off to let the other through, which only served to allow everyone else to close up and I got a bit swamped along the straight, going three abreast..! Shame to see Pete spin, but I was lucky to avoid the incident, and that left me chasing Glenn. Yes, I was a little better through Eau Rouge and in braking for the final chicane, but everywhere else it was a real battle to keep pace. You ran a bit wide at Stavelot which allowed me to close back up and without that small mistake I wouldn't have been close enough to get a run on you through Eau Rouge and make the pass. Just had to keep it clean after that and I turned up the TC towards the end to try and preserve the rear tyres.

Congrats Glenn and Markus on the podium.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 11:46:18 AM +0100 »

Did everyone take hards?

I was on Softs. Orange at the end but still plenty of grip.

Question: Was i too aggressive in lap 1?; did i hindered some drivers in lap 1?

No problem from me, I thought you made some good moves. Shame you got caught by the spin.

Not certain on percent, but yellow seems to be about 1/2 flashing orange (red?) is 1/4 or so

From official forums:

Yellow = "Part worn"
Orange = "You should think about coming in to change tyres"
Flashing Red = "Completely worn out"

None of which is very helpful, and I've never seen any specific numbers quoted. In some cars it seems you can run the tyres all the way into the red and still keep reasonable grip, although you run the risk of punctures.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 12:15:40 PM +0100 »

Bit disappointed with my pace at this race, was well off the laptimes I was doing in testing.

I was late joining the server due to a Windows update that took far longer (4 hours  Shocked) than I anticipated, then found that the update had reset all my controls to default so had to rebind them. So only had time for a couple of laps practice. Qually was awful too, only got 1 timed lap in which was nearly 3s from what I had hoped for.

Race started well but got trapped behind the Pete/Birger incident at Bruxelles followed by a spin at La Source at the start of lap 2. Mid-race I caught up with the Stephen/Matt/Birger battle & got a little lucky when they all made mistakes which let me through on the same lap. Rest of the race was a fairly solitary run to 4th place at the flag. Not sure if running into Pete/Birger on lap 1 & the spin on lap 2 damaged the front of the car but it seemed very understeery although it felt that way in qually too, may have to check some of my other control settings.

Anyway congrats to Frex, Glenn & Markus.  clap clap clap

Oh & I used the hard tyres, all were on yellow at the end.
Lixma

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 09:13:34 PM +0100 »

BUGGER!

Sorry I missed his one - I'd convinced myself it was this Sunday   Angry

Anyway I've made a note of the dates so hopefully I'll be in the rest of the races.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com