The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 06:20:22 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • nKpro - GPC Challenge: September 15, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: nKpro - GPC Challenge - 15th September  (Read 8835 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 10:00:49 AM +0100 »

Password added to the first post, server is also up if anyone wants some practice using this password "srouvsgpc"

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 07:56:23 PM +0100 »

Bit late to be asking this, but how do I choose which skin I'm using  Undecided

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 08:02:28 PM +0100 »

Found it, it's under the setup button on the multiplayer screen before you join the server

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 09:30:04 PM +0100 »

How went it chaps? Did us proud I hope.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 10:36:29 PM +0100 »

We had a wee problem early on, the server for some strange reason had an upload of 30kbps. Hardly sufficient! Up'ed it to 9000k for the last race and everything was a lot better, but we were down to 8 or 9 runners by then.

If I schedule another for next Friday will the GPC boys be able to make it Mo/SbG? Feel we need to do one more Smiley

The actual CPU load on the server is miniscual. I didn't look during the race but with several of us on track in qually the load was 2% Smiley Bandwidth was around 900kbps during the race and that includes the Remote Desktop feed to me.

On that basis we should be able to support 50 cars without an issue if only the tracks were big enough and the game allowed it Wink

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 11:06:08 PM +0100 »

Thanks for sticking with it Picnic Smiley. Race 3 was well worth the wait and a nice UKGTR 1,2,3 to finish (mind you only 2 GPC members remained  Wink). To be honest I had no lag when server was "broke" and the last race was as smooth as silk.

I have set the wheels in motion over at GPC for next week and hopefully we can drum up the same team from here? I guess we'll know by Monday if sufficient GPC numbers are interested.

And thx again for putting it on.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 01:01:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the hosting Picnic.

Sorry I was so bloomin' awful, I got home really late from work so hadn't done any practice immediately before the race, I just couldn't get into it at all Sad

Legends Racing simracing team
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006, 10:47:40 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the server Picnic Cool

First race was very shaky alright but whatever change you made for the final race had a massive effect. The server was running smooth as silk so really looking forward to next weeks race.
There's some results and race stats here:
http://www.wagenvoort.net/gpcos/results.php?type=official&leagueid=132&menu=season

....in other words we trounced them Tongue Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com