The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:04:02 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7Cklass Zeltweg: July 02, 2020
July 02, 2020, 08:54:20 PM +0100 - Zeltweg - RRE Season 7 (2020) Merc C Klasse '95
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Markus

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 4 +0.654
---
1 31:01.028
---
20 0 1:31.878
---
Bridgestone  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 2 +0.180
---
2 +2.214
---
20 0 1:31.127
---
Bridgestone  
Glenn Richardson

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 3 +0.244
---
3 +2.467
---
20 0 1:31.149
---
Bridgestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 6 +1.601
---
4 +6.141
---
20 0 1:32.349
---
Bridgestone  
Lixma

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 5 +0.996
---
5 +7.588
---
20 0 1:31.476
---
Bridgestone  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 7 +1.803
---
6 +49.235
---
20 0 1:33.531
---
Bridgestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 8 +1.860
---
7 +52.295
---
20 0 1:33.027
---
Bridgestone  
BiriBiri

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 9 +2.212
---
8 +1:00.149
---
20 0 1:33.344
---
Bridgestone  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 10 +4.378
---
9 +1:28.791
---
20 0 1:35.794
---
Bridgestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 1 1:31.072
---
10 +1L 19 0 1:31.263
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
Asterix

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 11 +5.756
---
11 +6L 14 0 1:35.449
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 12 +11.059
---
12 +17L 3 0 1:40.641
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Merc C Klasse '95 - Zeltweg - Jul 2  (Read 1136 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 09:48:42 AM +0100 »

@Birger It's in our rules (if you can find them) that if you knock someone off, you either wait for them to
get going and retake their place, or you take a voluntary stop and go. Otherwise an incident report would be
appropriate. We don't get many reports in these series, because our racers usually behave themselves  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 09:55:40 AM +0100 »

@Peter: You weren't that far off my pace, which suits me just fine  Grin
Have you looked at our Weds event for GTL (and occasional Monday series) Tony does a superb job with those
and uses a lot of cool mods.

For anyone wondering what our rules are: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3349.0
Basically don't be an idiot, as Peter says treat it like real racing.

For fuel, see what a representative lap time is, and work out how many laps fuel you will need. You need to drive a couple of laps
for it to work out how many litres per lap you need, last night (and many of our events are 30 mins) you would need something like
~22 laps worth. For the Formula J we do 2x 20 min races with a reverse grid.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 10:00:02 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Asterix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 10:39:18 AM +0100 »

For fuel, see what a representative lap time is, and work out how many laps fuel you will need. You need to drive a couple of laps
for it to work out how many litres per lap you need, last night (and many of our events are 30 mins) you would need something like
~22 laps worth. For the Formula J we do 2x 20 min races with a reverse grid.

Ok, thanks. Just in case, I attended (and lapped throughout) practice and qually. My take is that at the point we got the RRE "race is about to start" admin screen I should've gone into the Setup(?) options where I would've been presented with the current fuel load and I could have adjusted that, as you say, based on a couple of quick calcs.

I can't remember how long there was between end of qually and race start (it was all a bit of a blur  Smiley ), am hoping it's more time than my remaining brain cells need  Grin

Does this forum have a mobile app that renders well (naked Android browser makes these forums difficult to navigate)?
frex

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 10:41:42 AM +0100 »

Damn, ran out of fuel again, this time in sight of the finish line.. Last week was because server problems and constant game crashes stopped me getting on to do some practice and setup; this week I don't have that excuse, just badly prepared. Also kept forgetting where to brake at T2.. Some fun was had though, until Geoff and Glenn had their incident.

Congrats Markus, Geoff and Glenn, and welcome to the new chaps.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 10:48:45 AM +0100 »

Not a good idea to still be on track just before qual ends. I usually qual with race fuel anyway
but if you qual with low fuel, either get back to the pits with a minute or so to spare, or go to setup
when it takes you to the race session, you have a minute? to set your fuel before the race start
race doesn't start untill either the countdown times out, or, everyone is on the grid.

Asterix

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 11:24:10 AM +0100 »

Not a good idea to still be on track just before qual ends. I usually qual with race fuel anyway
but if you qual with low fuel, either get back to the pits with a minute or so to spare, or go to setup
when it takes you to the race session, you have a minute? to set your fuel before the race start
race doesn't start untill either the countdown times out, or, everyone is on the grid.

thumbup1

I wasn't intentionally running light on fuel in qually, definitely not that good yet  Smiley

[Note to self: refuel the car before joining the grid]
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:27 AM +0100 »

PLease everyone, cast your votes for the next round of 3 series:

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15575.0

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2020, 11:42:41 AM +0100 »

Re: Italians. Riccardo is moving house, and said he hopes to be back with us in Sept/Oct
Hopefully he will bring his fast pals with him  Grin

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2020, 12:04:15 PM +0100 »

No problem Glenn, these cars accelerate quite quick & it's easy to get caught out, I nearly did the same to Alix later in the race. Thanks for waiting at the end. thumbup1

What made it all the more frustrating for me was that I'd decided I didn't want to try and pass at that stage of the race. After the first three to four laps you seemed to kick it up another gear and go after Frex. I didn't have any more pace at that point to challenge so wanted to sit in the slipstream and look after my tyres (which I actually managed for a change) as I had plenty of fuel to try and challenge late in the race.

After catching the back of your car and putting you into a spin I ended up just over three seconds behind Frex, out of the slipstream and unable to catch.

Interested to know how the new guys, Glenn, Birger, Alix & Peter got to hear about us. With our numbers currently rising, it would be great if a few of our Italian friends returned along with a few other old faces (John, Tudor, Mark etc), we could be pushing 20 drivers!

I'd been playing RaceRoom single player for nearly a year with my laptop on my knee and an Xbox One controller. When the RaceRoom British Touring Car eSports series came about earlier in the year I decided to buy a Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals and give it a go.

After really enjoying that series I started looking through the Sector3 forums leagues and communities section. I discounted a few for varying reasons (race timings, formats, fully booked series etc.) and came across Geoff's post for the C-Class DTM series starting at Bilster Berg. I decided to register and try it and have never looked back since.
Lixma

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2020, 05:39:13 PM +0100 »

Interested to know how the new guys, Glenn, Birger, Alix & Peter got to hear about us.

It was your thread at the Sector 3 forums.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 08:59:45 AM +0100 »

OK thanks guys, I was just trying to get an idea if the posts at Sector3 were attracting anyone as they get plenty of views. Hopefully if I keep on posting there it will bring in a few more.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2020, 02:30:05 PM +0100 »

Interested to know how the new guys, Glenn, Birger, Alix & Peter got to hear about us. With our numbers currently rising, it would be great if a few of our Italian friends returned along with a few other old faces (John, Tudor, Mark etc), we could be pushing 20 drivers!

Started simRacing during the lockdown. Because it was free i went for RRE, off course racing with the keyboard  Grin after 1 week joystick and after 1 month bought second handed a T300 with F1 add-on wheel and T3PA pedals. (still playing on my laptop)

Off course after playing multiplayer with all acidents searched for a league. Subscribed me to SROUK and a dutch one, you responded first so i was already hooked on this forum. (Just google search, i'm sometimes searching on the Sector 3 forums, but didn't found SROUK posts).

Also the postive respons and tips at my first race in the FRJ at Monza junior, was a reason to stay.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2020, 04:56:16 PM +0100 »

@Birger It's in our rules (if you can find them) that if you knock someone off, you either wait for them to
get going and retake their place, or you take a voluntary stop and go. Otherwise an incident report would be
appropriate. We don't get many reports in these series, because our racers usually behave themselves  Roll Eyes

I know

But indeed was little bit sad, that the fight with our three was ruined already. I would understand if you continued to fight with Stephen and eventually after the race receveived a penalty (i wouldn't submit an incident report, because i know you are a fair driver).

Also a little bit my mistake, if i checked the radar i would have known that you where on the inside. I checked the replay and i could shift to the middle of the road so Stephen had room on the outside and you on the inside. But as already stated i checked my mirrors 200mtr before the turn and i thought you wouldn't be a factor.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2020, 05:00:11 PM +0100 »

I also try to give people room, I would rather be passed than cause an incident the spoils the fun
But that was entirely my fault. Stuff happens. no worries.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2020, 05:31:03 PM +0100 »

I know

But indeed was little bit sad, that the fight with our three was ruined already. I would understand if you continued to fight with Stephen and eventually after the race receveived a penalty (i wouldn't submit an incident report, because i know you are a fair driver).

Also a little bit my mistake, if i checked the radar i would have known that you where on the inside. I checked the replay and i could shift to the middle of the road so Stephen had room on the outside and you on the inside. But as already stated i checked my mirrors 200mtr before the turn and i thought you wouldn't be a factor.

Hahaha, almost the same incident as thursday between Sainz en Vettel.

Only the names where then Leclerc = Stephen, Sainz = myself, Vettel = Martin. Only i spinned instead of Martin  Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com