The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 02:45:06 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Donington Park: July 12, 2020
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Donington Park - Jul 12  (Read 611 times)
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2020, 09:11:51 PM +0100 »

>:(Gave up in disgust with myself.  Did not like this car at all sorry.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 09:31:56 PM +0100 »

Well that was a fun hour  Cool

Nothing wrong with the handling of those cars, very entertaining to drive they are, once you turn the boost down a bit so its controllable.

BUT, the tyres are a joke, the level of grip is fine but they overheat far too easily from any sliding and the wear is ridiculous, a 30 minute race on hard tyres should not end with the last 5 minutes with tyres so far into red wear they just want to kill you... 
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 10:32:06 PM +0100 »

Really good fun that, turned up with about 4 laps practise mainly to try the car out and also see if my wheel would work okay (it borked out on me in a 90min race last night  Cry ). Good news is both were great  Smiley

The car is a lot of fun and a good handful (as it should be). I used the default setup with just a tweak to front springs and tyre pressures. Had a lot of fun dicing with Bob and Max. Turned the boost down later in race as I was creaming the tyres  Shocked

Great fun and I disagree the tyres are borked. Reading the cars spec it’s 500bhp through 235w tyres!  Shocked And even tells you to keep it smooth to make them survive. We were all flinging the back end out!  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:05 PM +0100 »

Damn, I forgot all about this! Sorry guys Sad
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 02:55:25 PM +0100 »

First time with GrA Sierra and, I can't belive I'm saying this, it was too brutal, least what comes to tyre managment & wear. DTM version is much more balanced and nicer to drive in every way...
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 05:33:16 PM +0100 »

Used stock setup apart from fuel, tyres were all red after several laps, like driving on ice, it needs work.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com