Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 04:42:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Tips & Tricks  (Read 53218 times)
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2007, 05:08:04 PM +0000 »

Think you'll find most of those in the game setup as well.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2007, 09:59:05 AM +0000 »

Just found this in the .plr file:

Half Rate="0" // 0 = super-high physics rate, 1 = normal

Can I switch that to 1 or will it cause some kind of problem/lack of realism?

Found this too:

Tire Sampling="1" // 0 = normal, 1 = extra HAT samples (*slightly* more accurate over sharp curbs, otherwise a waste of CPU)

And these:

Engine Emitter Flow="1" // Whether engine smoke/flames flow over emitting vehicle
Tire Emitter Flow="1" // Whether tire smoke/dust flow over emitting vehicle
Smoke Flow="1" // Whether all smoke/flames/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles
Raindrop Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
Rainspray Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
Spark Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles

Has Shark seen this? I'm totally confused.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2007, 10:35:31 AM +0000 »

TBH Tib, I think the only way you can gain FPS is by upgrading. There is a maximum with which you can win by tweaking, and I think tweaking the .plr file won't give you an additional 10 FPS.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:00 AM +0000 »

TBH Tib, I think the only way you can gain FPS is by upgrading. There is a maximum with which you can win by tweaking, and I think tweaking the .plr file won't give you an additional 10 FPS.

Ok, I thought that might be the case. Thing is I've got every setting on lowest and have done all of the .plr tweaks, but I'm still only getting about 20 fps. At least I can actually race now.

For some reason the fps drops to around 3 when I'm in a gravel trap. Any ideas why?
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2007, 11:58:50 AM +0000 »

Are you running any kind of antialias or other filtering, enabled from the graphics drivers. If you do, you might get some extra frames by disabling them, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2007, 12:24:45 PM +0000 »

Tibernius, do what MortenS proposed. You'll get ugly graphics but better FPS.

Also, if you're using either onboard sound or crappy sound card - go to "advanced audio properties/performance" (in winxp control panel) and set hardware acceleration from "full" to "standard" and "sample rate conversion quality" from "best" to "good". Should give you few extra FPS (again - worse sound, but better FPS).

Use "stereo headphones" as your primary sound device, also few FPS gained.

In game settings - go for lowest sound possible, don't use more then.. 10 effects.

You do have your PC cleaned of all spyware and such and you do kill all unnecessary processes before playing, right?

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2007, 01:35:58 PM +0000 »

Ok, I thought that might be the case. Thing is I've got every setting on lowest and have done all of the .plr tweaks, but I'm still only getting about 20 fps. At least I can actually race now.

Out of interest, what is the spec of the machine you're running? If it's really pants there's almost no point in trying to get it working, but if it's half decent, you should easily get playable settings in the dry.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2007, 07:23:54 PM +0000 »

Out of interest, what is the spec of the machine you're running? If it's really pants there's almost no point in trying to get it working, but if it's half decent, you should easily get playable settings in the dry.

Posted this in the Graphics settings guide:

Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT
1024MB DDR SDRAM
Sapphire X1600PRO 256MB 8x AGP
Running GTR2 as DirectX8

I've disabled background processes (except norton internet security, it doesn't make any difference if it is turned off).

For some reason I get worse fps if I'm in the gravel/rumble strip. Any ideas why?
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2007, 07:43:22 PM +0000 »

Just tried after lowering the sound settings (integrated sound card), and I can get 13+ fps at the start at spa, 28 car grid. Good enough to race at least. 25+fps with no other cars.
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2007, 08:17:44 PM +0000 »

Strangely you have about the same or better specs as me, and with most things at max, with no antialias, I only struggle in rain Undecided

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2007, 09:11:15 PM +0000 »

Strangely you have about the same or better specs as me, and with most things at max, with no antialias, I only struggle in rain Undecided

For some reason this PC is slower now than it was when it was bought. It's still much slower than it should be though.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:00 PM +0000 »

open windows task manager, how many processes are you running?

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2007, 10:24:55 AM +0000 »

open windows task manager, how many processes are you running?

50, minus GTR2.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2007, 10:22:33 PM +0000 »

50?!?

I have 22 running at the moment! (XP home)
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2007, 10:54:36 PM +0000 »

36 including anti-virus, anti-adware-adobe things, Logitech Profiler, Mouse etc.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com