GTR2 Tips & Tricks

<< < (2/27) > >>

Aagramn:
That was offline. I qualified in 2nd, and at the start the pole-sitter was invisible! If you set it to less than the number of actual cars you're going to have problems. I wouldn't worry about frame rates. My system can handle 36 cars with most detail levels set to full, so yours should do even better.

AndyG:
Perhaps not exactly a hint or tip (so I'm prepared to be remonstrated with), but there's a PLR file setting called "Only External Engine Sounds". Setting this to 1 will use external engine sounds (which in some cases are arguably more meaty/exhausty) for the internal car views. Some will hate it, some might quite like it.

EDIT - Dave removed his reply immediately before mine which makes the first part of the above sentence totally nonsensical :)

Mark J:
Cheers Andy, will give that one a whirl and see how i find it. Was sadly disapointed in some of the in-car engine sounds.  :'(
Not speaking as a know it all gamer, i've owned both a TVR and a Porsche and both were/are loud/aggressive in road going trim (more so the TVR), yet alone race trim. You can even download in-car and track-side audio footage of an RSR from the Porsche web-site ....so no excuses  ;)

I know your guys have turned up trackside for the WTCC series so surprised you didnt do the same for GTR2  :-\...or did you and then someone neutered it in the sound studio for the game ?

picnic:
If it's not load enough Mark, TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP  :P

Simon Gymer:
Quote from: Aagramn on September 18, 2006, 03:36:30 PM +0100

That was offline. I qualified in 2nd, and at the start the pole-sitter was invisible! If you set it to less than the number of actual cars you're going to have problems. I wouldn't worry about frame rates. My system can handle 36 cars with most detail levels set to full, so yours should do even better.

Well that's just an utterly pointless setting then. Thanks for the hint about that bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page