Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:50:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Tips & Tricks  (Read 53307 times)
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2006, 01:24:42 AM +0000 »

Forgive me, but just what is SSE?    Sad

TT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_SIMD_Extensions

just turn it off if on amd cpu by use of rage3d tweak, u'll find it on http://www.guru3d.com/

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2007, 11:02:25 AM +0000 »

No Cd for 1.1 is out Wink
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2007, 10:20:44 AM +0000 »

Now this is cool: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=2409

Jan

I just installed but i am a tech-noob,could someone explain all this mumbojumbo Huh Huh Looks impressive i must say  Wink Wink
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 10:32:17 AM +0000 by jan duijs » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2007, 10:37:48 AM +0000 »

See this thread where people have started to discuss this.

jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:44 AM +0000 »

oops
Fred Joseph

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2007, 02:51:00 PM +0000 »

Any idea how to switch the Motec's display to tires in the F575?

You can't, because, if I'm not mistaken, they use the Magnelli (sp?) display and not the Motec.. same goes for the 360 GTC  Undecided
Gazza49er

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:04 AM +0100 »

hi guys saw in some other forums that setting up your brake and throttle pedals on 2 different axis is better, is this the case and do you guys do this? meaning you can use both throttle and brake at same time. Ive unchecked the report pedals on one axis in game controlers but i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas?

UKGTR - SEASON 9 - GTC Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 10 - GT2 Champion
UKGTR - SEASON 11 - GT1 Champion
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2007, 09:18:42 AM +0100 »

hi guys saw in some other forums that setting up your brake and throttle pedals on 2 different axis is better, is this the case and do you guys do this? meaning you can use both throttle and brake at same time. Ive unchecked the report pedals on one axis in game controlers but i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas?

Seperated axis is a must for me. I use manual clutch so I have to blip the throttle whole braking. Also having a bit of throttle under braking can make the car much more stable.
Really put it on seperated axis, as it will be faster.
What wheel do you have? Normally when you click seperated axis it should work immediatly.
Adam Parle
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2007, 09:25:05 AM +0100 »

You'll have to change the settings in game I think - GTR2 probably thinks you're still on one axis, so you might need to redefine your pedals.
Jure
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2007, 10:35:01 AM +0100 »

as per separate axis issue:

yes, it's a must!  Grin

if you have any other controllers hooked up to your PC while driving (saitek x45 in my case) game gets confused with axis, buttons and stuff.

so make sure you plug in wheel and nothing else when you're off to the races. Wink

---------------------

can't emphasise enough how important it is for all you guys out there using dynamic IP internet connections to RESTART YOUR MODEM & PC before you go racing online. i'm pretty sure we've lost plenty of drivers due to discos simply because their ISP decided to change client IP during the race (i.e. your line drops for a minute, then your modem/router connects again, but it's too late by then). dynamic IP is changed every 24 hourse (or so). hence you should be ok for 24 hours once you restart your modem. make it a habit, will ya?

another solution is contacting your ISP and asking for dedicated/static IP address.

Christian Szell: Oh, don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp. That is unless, of course, you can tell me that it's safe.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2007, 10:50:08 AM +0100 »

I have a DFP and speed 7 pedals. How do i go about this seperate axis malarkey for brake and throttle then?
Can anyone near their gaming rig  post a set of step by step instructions for game or windows controller settings.
Thanks in advance.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2007, 10:52:59 AM +0100 »

From memory Mark the speed 7s should be like that automatically. You can easily tell in the controller options page by pressing both pedals and seeing if you can get full throttle and brake at the same time.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2007, 11:21:41 AM +0100 »

ah right thanks Paul. I had thought thats what they did already but these recent posts suddenly made me think its something i had to tell the game/controller to do.  Undecided

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2007, 01:15:17 PM +0100 »

can u do it for the old microsoft force feedback presicion pro? I've been able to find the right button but I'm sure i have done it before!

GtrRank name = Iain
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2007, 12:01:58 PM +0000 »

Just found this in the .plr file:

Half Rate="0" // 0 = super-high physics rate, 1 = normal

Can I switch that to 1 or will it cause some kind of problem/lack of realism?

Found this too:

Tire Sampling="1" // 0 = normal, 1 = extra HAT samples (*slightly* more accurate over sharp curbs, otherwise a waste of CPU)

And these:

Engine Emitter Flow="1" // Whether engine smoke/flames flow over emitting vehicle
Tire Emitter Flow="1" // Whether tire smoke/dust flow over emitting vehicle
Smoke Flow="1" // Whether all smoke/flames/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles
Raindrop Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
Rainspray Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
Spark Flow="1" // Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:10:36 PM +0000 by Tibernius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com