Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 03:27:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun @ Zuhai: September 18, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race - 18th September  (Read 7220 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 04:24:25 PM +0100 »

If it arrives and if I get time to install it before the Comet race and if that race finishes on time I'll join in.

Lot of "if"s there. Cheesy

Fell at the first hurdle! laugh

Hopefully tomorrow.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 05:31:41 PM +0100 »

Is the Vette going to be allowed for this?
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 05:58:55 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the tip Aagramn, I'll give the Lister a crack tonight, don't want to miss out on the fun Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 06:18:22 PM +0100 »

I guess so - we'll have to review the classifications once more of us have got the game...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 07:36:10 PM +0100 »

Yep, I'll make sure the Corvette is available.

Glad you can make it Popa.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 09:41:37 PM +0100 »

That was excellent! (apart from me hitting Edam on the 1st lap Sad Sorry mate)

FPS good, extremely smooth (which you'd expect as there was only 5 of us!), nice bit of low sun to blind us through T1  Cool

These cars are NOT easy to drive fast, it takes a real effort to wring every ounce of speed out of them.

Big thumbs up from me so far Smiley

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2006, 09:54:56 PM +0100 »

Not trying to rub it in pops, but what was the online collision model like? angel laugh

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 09:58:13 PM +0100 »

It felt about right I think, the cars seemed a bit well... heavier.

I hit Edam as he was turning in which span him a bit (but not excessively like GTR) as I sailed into the gravel which took me *ages* to get out of!  Cheesy

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 10:11:01 PM +0100 »

That was fun, although it's a shame we only had 5 turn up. Bit of a lonely race for me, but I enjoyed my moment of glory. Think that's the first time I've won a race since we were testing GTR on home servers when it first came out. My sneaky practise session and race against the AI yesterday paid off.  Wink We tried a standing start since there were so few of us. Instead of the 30 second countdown we are used to, it went into the start light sequence soon after the last player joined (I think). I got a good start from pole and pulled away from the pack. Got a suprise after a few laps when the setting sun started to blind us at T1. Could still make out my braking point though, it seems much better in that respect than GTL. After that I concentrated on getting the most out of the F550, was lapping in the mid 1:29s consistantly.

Popa took soft tyres for the race. They didn't overheat, wonder how many laps you could do on a set?

Saw one problem in the practise session, where Don's times didn't seem to be registering until he reconnected, we'll have to watch out for that one.

Thanks for showing NGT Legends guys & Edam. Next time it's your turn to trounce me in some NGTs. I look forward to some races with larger grids.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:17:45 PM +0100 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 10:25:07 PM +0100 »

That was quite a fun race, and bloody hard too - I don't remember GTR being that hard!

I'd only done some of the driving school runs, and some laps in practice for Zuhai, and I wasn't sure what sort of lights/beeps/countdown/whatever were going to show at the start, so I was a bit caught out, then after a few corners I got harpooned Wink No problems Pops, it only turned my arse around a little, and I did enough of that myself later on Shocked

I took the Lambojambo because it's the only one I can drive reasonably fast at that track without falling of every other corner. It's a bugger of a track actually, there's a few left handers which just look tighter than they are, and the temptation is to go slower or tighter through them, which leaves you slow on the exit. Truly a circuit that sorts the men from the boys. Aagramn was a big man tonight Wink

Gravel is a pig to get out of if you bury yourself, as it probably should be, but the damage I received from my shunt, and hitting the wall later on was minimal - I guess we're on the 'GTL' style damage model unless we turn it up somehow.

I finished 2nd, and I think I had the 2nd fastest lap, but to be honest I was all over the road, and have a LOT of work to do to catch up with Mr. A Tongue
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 01:55:33 AM +0100 »

We have been running all of our GTL races with a time start of 6pm ingame.  The dusk setting seems to be popular with people, the lighting change and sun glare makes it a bit more challenging - glad you guys seemed to take it in stride, I think it makes for a more interesting race.

[This space for rent]
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 08:35:24 AM +0100 »

Usual style replay available

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2006, 08:45:44 AM +0100 »

Can we view these full game replays through the demo?

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2006, 09:16:29 AM +0100 »

Usual style replay available

Did any of the export data come out? I suppose Gizz is working hard on getting a template set-up.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2006, 09:28:00 AM +0100 »

Do the replays have cars with wheels on this time?

We got moaned at a lot when we tried GTL online races with night or dusk settings cause people wouldn't turn down graphics settings to get smooth FPS, so we now only run daytime. I do hope the same doesn't happen with GTR 2. Would be a massive shame not to use rain or night time.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com