Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 11:50:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun @ Zuhai: September 18, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race - 18th September  (Read 7214 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 09:29:02 AM +0100 »

Can we view these full game replays through the demo?

The track and not all the cars are in the demo, so no.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 09:33:13 AM +0100 »

Did any of the export data come out? I suppose Gizz is working hard on getting a template set-up.

As you so rightly guessed, in Dave's capable hands now. I expect there's lots to do, not least sorting out the core fixed data, cars tracks etc. that he uses to cross-check I'm importing the right data for the right event!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 09:41:26 AM +0100 »

I'd already set the tracks and new cars up, although car classes are still to be decided. The reference data isn't really very different from GTR1 and all the shared cars, tracks, tyres and so on can be reused.

The data is extremely simiilar to GTR1, which is both convenient and disappointing. Undecided

Initial results are here - don't worry about the tyres not being there, it's not a problem with the exports, I just don't know what they are. Cheesy Have a look and report anything which is Bad, Very Bad, or Disasterously WrongTM.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 09:47:39 AM +0100 »

Was good fun and great to see the new game in action and anger for the first time. Shame only 5 of us turned up but hey ho.
Unlike the other 4 who had obviously been using driving school previously Roll Eyes , i turned up with no practise or track knowledge of Zhuhai and was promptly out qualied by Pops and Don in the GT's much to Pops amusement  Grin
Fortunately for me they took each other out on the first lap  Tongue

Totally agree with Edams verdict on the track, it will make for some great racing with a full grid. It felt quite tiring even for 20 minutes, hence me re-appraising my early impression of the physics modelling  Embarrassed I was really pushing and still well off Aargramns pace (tho i am sure his extensive testing gave him a fair advantage Undecided Roll Eyes), and the Lister was on the edge quite a few times. I found the Lister much much better than GTR1, you no longer feel like your hanging out the drivers window whilst steering !  Smiley
Good test all round really, the Lister sounded good too. (just fix that bloody TVR 'milk-float' sound !!)
Loved the sunlight glinting at T1 too.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 10:13:00 AM +0100 »

The data looks spot-on Dave (yes, Aagramn did lap me :'()

I agree with the other guys, Zhuhai seems like a very decent track for league racing.

Legends Racing simracing team
Adam Parle
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 10:30:32 AM +0100 »

Don't know if this is the place for it - but are we likely to have another fun race in GTR2 in the future?  I'm gutted I missed this one, and after running a few laps at Zuhai, I'm really looking forward to racing there.

Maybe we could run an NGT race at Valencia (I'm guessing not too many people will be overly familiar with the track), or even in Elises.  The Valencia track lends itself to the "slower" cars as the infield bit is really quite rammed full of slower corners - although I'm sure after a couple more laps things would start to be a bit easier.

My other thought was a race at Donnington National, nice short laps on a very familiar track - maybe just running Porkers (seeing as there are a couple to choose from).
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 10:34:21 AM +0100 »

I think Aagramn mentioned an NGT race next week Adam Smiley Valancia would be a nice choice.

I'm intrigued to see if the GT3-RSR will blow the other NGT's away, I hope not Undecided

Adam Parle
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2006, 10:44:20 AM +0100 »

Hopefully there can be a couple more people turning up (me for one!).

Is it likely to be taking place on a Monday again - Mondays & Wednesdays are generally out for me that's all.  Seeing as there are only a select few who've got GTR2 at the moment (obviously we're the real sim racing fans) I'm guessing there might be a bit more flexibility when it can be run.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2006, 10:49:57 AM +0100 »

Adam, dont know if you or others are about tonight ?  I wouldnt mind a further testing of GTR2 using some NGT's this time. So would be happy for a fun race again.
Have retired from GTR1 now as it wasnt worth reinstalling it all on new rig for last couple of elise races.

Adam Parle
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2006, 10:55:18 AM +0100 »

Adam, dont know if you or others are about tonight ?  I wouldnt mind a further testing of GTR2 using some NGT's this time. So would be happy for a fun race again.
Have retired from GTR1 now as it wasnt worth reinstalling it all on new rig for last couple of elise races.

Tonight's probably no good.  I'm meant to be going over to a friends house to play poker (it's his last real night of freedom before getting married this weekend) - and failing that I'd be running the the Elise race.

As for not reinstalling GTR - aren't you planning on entering the fairwell race at Spa?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 10:58:20 AM +0100 »

Sadly SIMBIN don't seem to have developed a server that is multi-game friendly Sad There maybe a good reason for that but seems strange to me. Thus for official races we only run that one server. For testing/practice there are so few on that running 2 servers has not caused performance problems (yet).

So Tues/Thurs are out due to Elise/GTL races. Sundays are rF and this week Friday is a nKpro race. Next week seems clearer but I believe there will be another Elise race Tuesday. I won't schedule another nKpro Friday as in theory the rest of us will be pleasured via a delivery of GTR2.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2006, 11:01:18 AM +0100 »

Yes, the calendar is pretty full at the moment. Could I schedule an NGT fun race for next Monday?

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2006, 11:13:40 AM +0100 »

Thats fine by me Aagramn. I'll be there  Cool

Adam, no sorry, no fairwell race for me. I would have had to install GTR, the patches, car sets and configure etc on the new rig and it just does not seem worth it now i have GTR2. I am amazed anyone will want to race the old game once they install and try the new. Surely a 'welcome to GTR2' race at Spa would have been a better idea  Undecided
Hope you guys have a good race all the same.  angel

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 11:23:07 AM +0100 »

Next Monday sounds good to me too, I'll definately try to be there Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:41 AM +0100 »

I am amazed anyone will want to race the old game once they install and try the new. Surely a 'welcome to GTR2' race at Spa would have been a better idea  Undecided

Most people won't get GTR 2 till it's actually released! I don't particularly think it's a good idea to replace a race that has been scheduled for ages that should get high turnout with a race where only a handful of people can actually turn up due to the game not being out yet.

cursing cursing

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com