The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 09:26:17 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How the heck do you start the car? !  (Read 9900 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:09:06 PM +0100 »

Embarassing as it is, i cannot get the F1600 started in the pit  Embarrassed

I click the top button, then the next one down (engine start)...then nothing. Sometimes the green light comes on at bottom and on one occasion i heard the starter motor turn over, but nothing happens...how do i fire up the engine?

Help  :'(

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:13:53 PM +0100 »

THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!! Go get rF.  Grin

TT
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 09:14:57 PM +0100 »

You have to hold down the second button until its fully running......
OSiriS had a similar problem, dont know if he got going

is there fuel in the car?
is it in neutral?
how do you get to work every day? Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:47:07 PM +0100 »

how do you get to work every day? Wink

by 911   Wink Cool ............and then a train  :'(

Tried holding button down with left mouse button, is that right?
There was fuel in it and think its in neutral...will try again.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 10:01:41 PM +0100 »

Yeah you're doing it right Mark  Huh
You said in first post that light came on sometimes; if it stays on then the engine is started. If you're not hearing anything it may be a sound issue....

Check the green light first, does it stay on?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 10:18:45 PM +0100 »

yeah light comes on and stays on but then nothing.

I have tried umpteen times now and nada  Sad

my accelerator and brakes show up fine in controller menu. Auto clutch is on. I just get the starter motor sound then silence and no movement at all.

One other thing, shouldnt i be able to see the gear lever in cockpit?, it looks like its below screen edge line to me.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:28 PM +0100 »

Sorry MJ, nothing to do with you. Just hate nK.  Tongue

TT
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:14:32 PM +0100 by Truetom » Logged
mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:58:56 PM +0100 »

yeah light comes on and stays on but then nothing.

That means that the engine is running! Pop it in gear and see does it move.
You just cant hear it for some reason. If you've got an onboard sound card on the asus then this is the most likely cause.
Try this
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=254533

its a similar mainboard to yours too and it looks like some issue with the asus drivers.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 11:32:59 PM +0100 »

It works !  Think you were right about the asus onboard sound. I had already just swapped my old Audigy zs into the new rig as i thought it might improve some of the in car sounds in GTR2..nope...TVR still sounds like a milk float  Angry....then read your new post.

Not massively overwhelmed...but then it is only a 1600cc  Grin  Gear shifts seem really lazy for a single seater Huh

going to give it some more laps.

OSiriS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 11:50:41 PM +0100 »

I did get it working in the end alright, after seeing everything pointing towards an easy start procedure I figured I must have had settings wrong. For some reason the engine volume was on zero, I could hear the starter just fine, but after that I only got silence. I had gotten the car started after all. Secondly I realised there were 2 different control settings for the gear shifters which explained why I never budged an inch. The lack of an LCD display made it difficult to do much more than totter around the track, but it seemed pretty good. At the moment though I want to focus on one sim while I learn to drive and find pace, and GTR2 is it. Bouncing between 3 different sims hasn't been doing my technique any favours. In a few months time, probably in the new year I may come back and buy NKpro as it appears to have potential.

Phill Kerins
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 08:58:39 AM +0100 »

Gear shifts seem really lazy for a single seater Huh

Once you get rollling with them they are far less lazy. And how daft was it to put out NK demo without  LCD display  Hit with a wet fish . If you have any enjoyment from demo, you'll love the full game.

Thanks for the constructive criticism TT  Roll Eyes

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 09:57:05 AM +0100 »

Yes not having a digi display to see your revs and gear selection or even fuel left is just plain daft. Sad

Other minor annoyances like NKpro not creating a xp menu item or shortcut is odd too, leaving you thinking it hasnt installed properly.

Graphically it looked good, engine sound was a bit lame (but its a 1600cc so...) and i got more feedback from the track than i found in Rf.
I'm a hard man to please (sometimes) and cannot gain enough information from the very limited demo as to whether its worth buying (which i thought was the sole purpose of a demo Roll Eyes )
I'm going to have a tweak with the setups and see how much it affects the handling etc and see if it gives the right feedback to me personally.
Are the Nk races well supported and/or are there leagues in place using it for championships etc ?

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 10:05:46 AM +0100 »

There's going to be a new demo when/if *THE PATCH* tm ever gets released so if you are unsure I'd hold off until that appears (if ever).

There's virtually no pick-up races to be had but there's a couple of leagues running nKp pretty successfully.

Legends Racing simracing team
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 10:21:19 AM +0100 »

There are a couple of leagues but GPC is by far the largest, here are a list of drivers http://www.gpchampionship.com/gpcos/teams-drivers.php?leagueid=5&menu=season . For next season there will be pq again, but 3 races instead of the awful fight to make top 15. They also do "pick-up" races during the week on their server and these are well attended, and the quality of racing there is top drawer.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 10:26:23 AM +0100 »

Yes not having a digi display to see your revs and gear selection or even fuel left is just plain daft. Sad

Check your mail
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com