The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 19, 2024, 06:56:48 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TC Suzuka: July 30, 2020
July 30, 2020, 08:52:34 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 1 +2:22.257
---
1 31:19.899
---
13 0 2:22.806
---
Dunlop  
Markus

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 2 +2:22.794
---
2 +33.192
---
13 0 2:23.818
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 3 +2:23.354
---
3 +33.567
---
13 0 2:23.356
---
Yokohama  
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +2:24.077
---
4 +34.473
---
13 0 2:25.211
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 4 +2:23.957
---
5 +1:24.533
---
13 0 2:23.810
---
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring
---
6 +1:25.592
---
13 0 2:25.582
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring
---
7 +9L 4 0 2:23.989
---
unknown
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring
---
8 +12L 1 0 2:36.878
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
2:22.257
---
Glenn Richardson
Qualifying
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32July 30, 2020, 08:52:34 PM +0100
E7TC
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
2:22.806
---
Glenn Richardson
Race
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32July 30, 2020, 08:52:34 PM +0100
E7TC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics - Suzuka - Jul 30  (Read 1785 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2020, 02:09:27 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics + Porsche 964
Track: Suzuka (GP)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:11:16 PM +0100 »

I can’t race tonight, problem with new G29 wheel, awaiting download link from Logitech to sort it out!  Roll Eyes Cry

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 04:38:45 PM +0100 »

What is the problem Bill?
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 06:03:35 PM +0100 »

I can’t race tonight, problem with new G29 wheel, awaiting download link from Logitech to sort it out!  Roll Eyes Cry

Geoff answer to your question, in my haste replied to wrong Quote.  oops  Plug and play not working also Windows 10/Devices not seeing my wheel so I don’t know a way to setup my G29. Contacted Logitech who have issued me a Ticket Number and await their solution. As they are. I think, situated on the US west coast they are 10 hours behind us so hopefully I should get an email with a download link to install tomorrow morning!  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 06:27:02 PM +0100 »

Bill, does it power up when you plug it in to the USB port? Make sure you use a USB2 port not the newer USB3 (the one with the blue centre) if you have those. As you are on Win10 you need to download Logitech G-Hub to set the wheel up. I tried to set mine up on my Win10 PC using Logitech Gaming Software, which most of the advice on the net said to use, but I could not get the FFB to work, eventually tried G-Hub, after seeing a YouTube video, & hey presto it work fine.

Oh one other thing, there is a little switch on the top of the steering wheel hub, make sure it is set to PS4 (pushed to the right when facing the wheel). See pic in link below.

https://collectiveminds.ca/faq-items/logitech-g29-not-working-on-xbox-one-force-feedback-clutch-and-shifters-not-responsive/
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 07:46:51 PM +0100 »

Erm, track is still set to Monza!!!!!!
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 09:26:44 PM +0100 »

I chose the Nissan for this one because: 1) I find it more driveable than the Bimmer, 2) It's actually quite good in all the fast sections and very hard to get past in the slower sections because of the acceleration out of corners, and 3) GODZILLA POWAAH.

Qualifying went about as expected, but I knew I would gain positions in the start because GODZILLA POWAAH. Had a good start straight to P2, while Geoff got involved in some kind of carnage with the rest of the field, leaving me alone chasing Glenn. Glenn quickly disappeared into the distance, leaving me to hang on to P2.

Geoff caught me around the halfway point but spun trying to overtake into turn 1. This again gave me a few laps of breathing space, until he caught back up with around 4 laps to go. We battled for a lap or so and he tried to pass me in the hairpin, but of course it was never going to work because GODZILLA POWAAH.

At this point, Markus had caught us and it was a 3-way battle for the last two laps.  Geoff made a mistake out of the harpin so Markus passed him and was now on my tailpipes. With one lap to go, my fronts were in pretty bad shape so I was struggling out of the Spoon Curve and Markus got alongside me into the final chicane. I had to give him space and Geoff went past in his tow, leaving me in 4th for the finish. Nevertheless, a thoroughly enjoyable race.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 10:04:13 PM +0100 »

Well done to Markus and Geoff on the podium and well done Toni, was good to see you fighting at the sharp end.

I wasn't sure fast flowing Suzuka would suit Godzilla but thinking about it there are no heavy braking zones which are the GT-R's achilles heal. The car was brilliant at this circuit giving me the upper hand. I had to be careful in qualifying as I nearly put the car on its roof a couple of times at the right hander after Dunlop curve.

I'm looking forward to the last event on my Gibson Motorsport car's home turf. The front right tyre will be a worry at Bathurst as Suzuka is fairly even on tyre wear, I looked after my tyres tonight and yet the fronts were definitely passed their best.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 08:39:10 AM +0100 »

Miserable effort here. Was going to take the M3 but couldn't complete a lap in quali without spinning off! Jumped into the Porsche instead without any prep and was still trying to adjust my seat position on the first lap when I went off into the barrier at 130R. Continued with rear damage but could do no more than tip toe around to the end.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 10:48:57 AM +0100 »

Similar story here, quite possibly my worse race ever, with so many spins and unforced errors. Still, Bathurst next.. ..which is a track I detest..!

Congrats Glenn and podium.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 11:03:13 AM +0100 »

Similar story here, quite possibly my worse race ever, with so many spins and unforced errors. Still, Bathurst next.. ..which is a track I detest..!

Congrats Glenn and podium.

Do you still use a DFGT by any chance? I just read through this thread and tried these settings on post #584.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/page-30

I had to increase my steer force intensity to 100%. Tried a few laps in the M3 and Porsche, not perfect by any measure but a definite improvement of feel for me.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 11:35:40 AM +0100 »

No, I've never used a DFGT or any other Logitech wheel. I only recently went back to a wheel with Force Feedback after many years without, but I'm fairly happy with the settings I've got, so can't use that as an excuse!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:29 PM +0100 »

Along with RaceRoom Raceway I found this the most tricky circuit for the BMW M3. Brakes very inclined to locking up & rear wanting to break away both on acceleration & at times on corner entry (nb lap 1). Roll Eyes

A late qually lap got me P3 on the grid but my start was poor & I was 4th entering Degner, I had experienced the rear breaking away on cold tyres here so tried to take it a bit steady but still lost the rear. Sorry to Pete behind me, not sure if you did the same as me or had to brake hard to avoid me. Quickly recovered to 3rd place with Tudor, Frex, Markus & Matt all having their own incidents.

Spent much of the rest of the race chasing down Toni, caught him only to spin at T1 & have to do it all again. Caught up again with about 2 laps left & now had Markus close behind & he got past when I nearly lost it accelerating out of the hairpin. At the Chicane Toni braked a bit too deep & Markus & I both went past him, pushed hard on the final lap to try to get 2nd but despite a slight bump from me at the Chicane Markus held on.

Congrats to Glenn on a dominant victory & to Markus in 2nd.  clap clap Also great drive from Toni, sorry to have pinched your podium at the end.
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 04:01:12 PM +0100 »

Bill, does it power up when you plug it in to the USB port? Make sure you use a USB2 port not the newer USB3 (the one with the blue centre) if you have those. As you are on Win10 you need to download Logitech G-Hub to set the wheel up. I tried to set mine up on my Win10 PC using Logitech Gaming Software, which most of the advice on the net said to use, but I could not get the FFB to work, eventually tried G-Hub, after seeing a YouTube video, & hey presto it work fine.

Oh one other thing, there is a little switch on the top of the steering wheel hub, make sure it is set to PS4 (pushed to the right when facing the wheel). See pic in link below.

https://collectiveminds.ca/faq-items/logitech-g29-not-working-on-xbox-one-force-feedback-clutch-and-shifters-not-responsive/

Yes powers up OK when plugged into a USB2 port. G-Hub was one of the files that Logitech sent me a link to in reply to my first request for help. Not sure what Logitech saw my next communication via their BOT. Before I email them again could you please tell me what came up on your monitor screen - was it their control panel, only I get nothing and have tried to access it via Windows/Devices without luck? More information I can give Logitech the better. Online watched a video of connecting G29 to a Dell laptop and “Plug and Play” installed the Logitech Control panel and he went straight on to a driving game! Switch set to right PS4.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:05:49 PM +0100 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 04:47:19 PM +0100 »

OK Bill, if you have installed G-Hub, do you have an icon for starting it, if so double click to start it & it will ask you to connect your Logitech G Gear, plug your wheel in, it should power up & show up in the G-Hub software. Then you can set it up.

If you have installed G-Hub & don't have an icon on your desktop, go into File explorer & open Windows/Program Files/LGHUB & find the file lghub, right click it & create shortcut, it should create an icon on your desktop, then follow what I have said above.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com