Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:14:56 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Donington GP: September 25, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Donington GP 2004  (Read 13770 times)
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2006, 06:13:15 PM +0100 »

I'm in.  Grin

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2006, 08:31:49 PM +0100 »

why can i only see the 10t servers??
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2006, 08:35:42 PM +0100 »

how do i get to see the simracing server?

only got 4 servers showing
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2006, 08:38:42 PM +0100 »

Doh, it was set on novice  Embarrassed
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:07 PM +0100 »

Two knackered wrists.

One comedy pace lap.

Zero desire to continue.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2006, 09:40:25 PM +0100 »

AWESOME FUN!!!!!!!!  Grin
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2006, 09:42:09 PM +0100 »

Very enjoyable race, aside from the formation lap when someone who shouldn't have been behind me took my rearwing off.....

Still, never mind that was my first GTR2 race and it was very enjoyable. I was able to concentrate on pushing as hard as I could without having to hold back slightly as I used to have to in GTR.

Mr Merlin (sorry can't rember which Fish your named after) - I had some good fun hunting you down, was sorry to see I got passed by you spinning off. Keep it up  Smiley

Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2006, 09:44:41 PM +0100 »

Nice race guys Cool Tough work letting it all hang out with those car.
Me and Jamera had a few clean moves on each other and it's nice having that extra bit of grip to give you the confidence to go for it Grin
Thoroughly enjoyed it. whens the next one?
LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2006, 09:54:42 PM +0100 »

tried to race but it wasnt working properly.May it be because my internet connection is too slow???Or cause Im in another country??any ideas....

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2006, 09:57:10 PM +0100 »

Sorry about the bump on the formation lap Don. Silly mistake on my part, if I'd moved to your left I'd have seen the concertina at the last corner. We also had a driver who hadn't read the start procedure.

I couldn't get anywhere near my offline PB of 1:31.8, think it must have been a flukey run through the chicane or something. Couldn't hook up a decent lap in qualifying, but went faster in the race. Took soft tyres and they seemed to last OK for 20 minutes. There were several of us with very close lap times, but I lost the pack when I stuck the car in 1st by mistake at the chicane, and spun out. Picked up a couple of places near the end when others went off to give me an undeserved 4th.

Can we do GTs at Zhuhai again, I was better at that.  Wink

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
DynoDaz
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2006, 10:05:22 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the race guys.  I'm new to the GTR series and that was my first real online race.  Although I was off the pace I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.  Smiley

Would anyone like to send me their car setup?  Surely those fast times can't be all down to driver skill  Tongue

Cheers,
Darren
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2006, 10:08:41 PM +0100 »

Luke, what internet connection have you got? Not dial up? Hopefully broadband/cable and you should choose 'ISDN' for internet connection in game lobby. Country makes no difference as we have racers from spain, Portugal and Croatia.

Superb fun in that race, you really feel like you have to drive on the absolute edge and the extra grip gives you the confidence to run side by side into the corners. Had a great battle with Pablo and Edam for lap after lap, excellent fun duelling my Porker against the two Ferraris.  Cool
Was quite pleased to finish 3rd after fending off those two for 90% of the race. The only problem with battling them was it allowed Pops to scamper off and get a well deserved 2nd....was hoping to give you a run for your money Popa  Grin

Madd seems to have mastered the Fezza getting Pole and leading the race from start to finish...nice.  Cool

Dyno..what car was you in?...if Porsche, i'll be happy to email you my setup.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2006, 10:10:19 PM +0100 »

Replay is available here:

http://www.ukgtr.org/replay/

Does anyone know the forum name of DMN? I can't import the race result without knowing who they are.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2006, 10:23:54 PM +0100 »

I uploaded my replay for Madd-RIP's benefit, and I see Aagramn got there first - bit like the race result really Wink

Anyway, it's here: http://edam.accelerator.org/Donington%20Park%20GP_060925_2110.Vcr

...but I lost the pack when I stuck the car in 1st by mistake at the chicane, and spun out.

I actually thought I'd caused that, and even apologised! (Then I remembered the rules, oops Huh ) I goofed up the chicane as well avoiding Mr. Jonzo, and then saw you spinning behind me. Put 2 + 2 together Wink

Good race with Mark Jonzo and Pablo - was nip and tuck all the way.. Sorry to Pablo for a bit of a tap at the Melbourne hairpin - you slowed down a little extra in the middle of the turn and caught me out Sad Great race otherwise - very intense  Cheesy
DynoDaz
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2006, 10:29:52 PM +0100 »

Hi Mark,

Yep I was the Porsche struggling in 9th  Smiley

I've sent you a PM with my email address.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com