Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 04:01:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Anderstorp: September 27, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Anderstorp  (Read 7648 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 10:29:07 PM +0100 »

Frames were down to about 45 for me (from about 60) but they were stable and smooth and I really didn't have a problem (other than not being able to see for the spray on the first few laps Cheesy ).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Adam Parle
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 10:53:20 PM +0100 »

I don't know what my FPS were, but it was looking good, no stuttering.

Just looked at the replay - that TVR looks awesome in the wet with it's lights on - looks very nice all told.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 06:16:15 AM +0100 »

Yes, was great to drive in the wet. I found it really hard to follow people (especially when a couple of cars were in font of you), being almost blinded by the spray whilst trying to find your braking points. Hats off to you guys you did a great job Wink

I was kinda doing ok till I gave it too much wellie comming out of the last turn and ended up in the tyre wall. I got a voice come over the radio telling me to expect some understeer as some damaged had been caused. The combination of vicious understeer and a wet road were enough for me to decide to pit and get the damaged sorted out. New pit animations looked  Cool  btw. Managed to plod on till the end of the race Smiley Should be awesome come league time.
Adam Parle
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 08:28:54 AM +0100 »

The game looked and felt awesome - nuff said.  But the thing that I was really pleased with was that I was more or less keeping pace with most of the (albeit small) field, so that when mistakes were made I was able to capitalise on them.  Hopefully this bodes well for the league, if it can bring most of the field closer together (with them aliens still driving off into the sunset) and we should be in for some cracking racing.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 10:11:15 AM +0100 »

My FPS were between 49 and 68 for the race, i was wowing at the graphical splendour as much as i was trying to concentrate on the racing  Cool.
Atmospherically, the game is top notch, from the sight of Daves yellow Nissan headlights behind me in the rain, to the sound of DMN's snarling TVR dicing with me through the spray plumes, loved it...uber cool. Cool  Those TVR's look dead sexy in the race. Kiss

Only minor glitch i noticed was as we approached the S/f line on the pit limiter, Aagramn's car seemed to warp towards me just as i was hitting the accelerator for race start Shocked..which of course made me brake hard, allowing him to scoot off in turn 1 un-hindered. But that was probably just a lag/connection thing Undecided

Grip and handling in the wet is a mile better than the first incarnation allowing you to get in close for some hard racing, and yet still able to catch you un-awares if you try and get too confident or give it too much welly out of the turn.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 10:37:39 AM +0100 »

Only minor glitch i noticed was as we approached the S/f line on the pit limiter, Aagramn's car seemed to warp towards me just as i was hitting the accelerator for race start Shocked..which of course made me brake hard, allowing him to scoot off in turn 1 un-hindered. But that was probably just a lag/connection thing Undecided

That was my PC locking up on me for a second at the worst possible moment. Everyone behind me did a good job to avoid a start line pile-up.

My frame rates during the race were fine. Always above 30, and between 40 & 50 most of the time. Think my system could just about cope with a full grid in the wet.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 05:15:37 PM +0100 »

Was absolutely amazed to see how late DMN could brake in the TVR in Gislaved - I was sure he was going to go straight on at the end of the first flying lap but he sailed through the turn and into 4th like it was a lazy Sunday drive!

The TVR does seem to have good brakes (as do most font-engined cars). I noticed it more on monday when I was easlily out-braking porkas into corners, just a shame they left me standing on the straights....

As for that move, a few corners earlier I had been almost bricking it trying to size you up to make a move ,and at all costs not to hit you with the pack tight behind me. However when I saw you where taking a very wide line I decided to take the chance and use the cars brakes to my advantage.

As for fps rates - I switched down to Direct X 8 for the race, with almost everything on Medium settings (save other car details and tracjk details - both on full)  I was getting 40-60 fps with my ATi x850 Pro.

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 08:16:29 PM +0100 »

1.39.117 TT, in TVR , uploaded, balls to the wall as they say!  Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com