The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 07:17:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7FF Norisring: August 06, 2020
August 06, 2020, 08:59:50 PM +0100 - Norisring - RRE Season 7 (2020) Formula Ford
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 2 +0.164
---
1 20:16.410
---
21 0 57.033
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 1 57.037
---
2 +0.065
---
21 0 56.905
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 6 +0.791
---
3 +29.735
---
21 0 57.408
---
Dunlop  
Glenn Richardson

Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 3 +0.415
---
4 +35.702
---
21 0 56.932
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 4 +0.653
---
5 +44.522
---
21 0 57.736
---
Dunlop  
BiriBiri

Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 5 +0.675
---
6 +45.064
---
21 0 57.832
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Raceroom Formula Junior {unknown} 7 +7.132
---
7 +2L
---
19 0 1:01.061
---
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Formula Ford - Norisring - Aug 6  (Read 677 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2020, 09:07:01 PM +0100 »

RACE 1

Practice: 19:45 BST ( 30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 ( 10 mins)
Race: 20:25 ~ 20 Mins

Cars allowed: Formula Junior (Formula Fordish)
Track: Norisring
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:10:56 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 04:54:01 PM +0100 »

Race server up. 2 x Races, each 20 mins, 2nd race is reverse grid for the top 6

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:43:10 PM +0100 »

First race ok, never made a huge mistake but each +/-8min a little mistake (oversteer / to soon on the throttle). Just finished behind Martin and had a good fight with him.

Second race, finished 6th in the first race so started on pole. Start and T1 went brilliant (in the replay i saw carnage from P2 onward just escaped). Then the stress of P1 (made again some little mistakes and was overtaken by four cars in the next 2 laps.
After 8min Geoffers was still behind me without a nose  Grin, but still fast. And he went just behind me in the chicane. A little oversteer from me again with the entry of the chicane so lost speed. Geoff put his nose on the inside of the lefthander of the chicane, but i (semi)-closed the gap. And Geoff steered more to the left to avoid collision with me, but hitted the wall. I went off the throttle in the last corner but Geoff didn't overtook me, but a lap later just after the chicane a lifted off to let him pass. After some minutes Geoff made again a mistake and i had a 5sec lead. Normally enough but in the at one last lap i again made a little mistake, so in the last lap i was again under pressure. Defended in to the last corner and went almost side by side over the finish line.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 09:53:37 AM +0100 »

I find these cars really difficult to drive, keeping them pointing in the right direction is hard enough, trying to be fast is beyond me.

The first race was rather lonely after I pulled back clear of the great battle Pete, Martin and Birger were having but didn't have the pace to run with Frex and Geoff.

With about 5 mins to go I clipped the outside wall at the first corner, spun across the track and parallel parked in the gravel trap wedged between the barrier and one of the tyre barriers that protrude towards the track. It took me a while to get going again after which I couldn't catch Pete but had a great battle with Martin to the end - the bump on the outside of the last corner that caught me out on the first lap settled it in the end.

Some great racing during race 2 again. Late on I responded to Pete's mistake at the first corner by making one myself at the next corner and had to settle for 3rd.

I may not like driving these cars but the lower downforce and speed creates some great close racing. Well done to everyone but also to Frex, Geoff and Pete for having that bit extra and getting the podiums.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 11:08:19 AM +0100 »

These cars have never been my faves, but as Glen says can produce some good close racing.
These two races are probably the most fun I have had in this series  Grin
Lots of people falling off all over the place and recovering. If Markus had been here he might have
challenged Geoff for the championship... still be good to see who ends up where in the last event.

I could create the next 3 series from the vote we had, and will if needs be.. (actually more likely Tony will  Roll Eyes  )
But I am waiting to see what new content they are to release.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 11:52:14 AM +0100 »

Made too many mistakes in the first race but so did others so I lucked in to the last slot on the podium.

2nd race was much more consistent, as Glenn said I made a mistake in to T1. I double downshifted which is not clever especially in these things. Glenn kindly let me back passed, I think he must have felt sorry for me.

Not a lot of difference in lap times between us helps lots but this was a short track. Amazing pace by Frex in the 2nd race after he passed me for the lead. I was please I was getting in to the low 57's and then Frex does a mid 56!

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 11:55:24 AM +0100 »

Agree that these are quite tricky to drive but at the same time good fun.

First race, recovered from a poor start to have a great race long battle with Frex. We exchanged places several times & I was just lucky enough to be in front at the chequer.

Second race could not have been more different. Another poor start but made it up to 3rd behind Pete & Frex early on, thereafter it was a case of spin, recover a place or two, repeat. Finally ended up not quite wrestling 5th place from Birger.

Congrats to Frex on his win & 2nd, & to Pete & Glenn on their podiums.  clap clap clap
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 12:06:27 PM +0100 »

My first race with my new G29 wheel! Apologies to a couple of drivers for hitting them during practice and qualifying, lucky I don’t think I caused any problems in either of the races. Enjoyed last night’s racing and had a couple of firsts  finished both races (up to now hadn’t finished any of these races). My main problem was getting use to the new foot pedals - was too quick and heavy the accelerator and found difficultly trying to find the right brake pressure to slowdown for the corners. Managed to get a few right in Race2. Wink

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 12:22:34 PM +0100 »

Yep, a first for me also, as in, I actually finished both races with my nose intact  Grin

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 01:29:33 PM +0100 »

LOL - I'm such a plonker giving you help when you clearly don't need it  Roll Eyes

This was in reply to

Amazing pace by Frex in the 2nd race after he passed me for the lead. I was please I was getting in to the low 57's and then Frex does a mid 56!

Actually I have you to thank for that Pete, as after following you for many laps I noticed you were always consistently quicker out of the last corner and all the way down the straight, which made it difficult for me to get into a good position at my favourite passing spot into T1. So halfway through the race I tried an extra down-change into first just before the last corner apex, and was suddenly knocking 3 tenths off my laptime.. So yeah, thanks for that!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 02:09:02 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

frex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 01:30:01 PM +0100 »

Super first race with Geoff, really enjoyed that one. Close all the way through, and very (very!) close across the finish line. Congrats Geoff for the win and Pete in P3.

Second race started at the back and was a bit hectic in the early laps, with several incidents ahead. Bit of an apology to Birger for the two touches at the chicane - the first was just a little kiss, but the second caused you to lose a bit of time. Didn't think this was my fault at the time, but checking the replay shows it's at least 50:50, so I should have backed off there and been a bit more cautious. Hope it didn't cause you any damage.

Eventually settled into chasing Pete for the lead, and eventually got by when Pete made it easy for me at the chicane (too easy..!). Congrats to Pete and Glenn on the podium.

Amazing pace by Frex in the 2nd race after he passed me for the lead. I was please I was getting in to the low 57's and then Frex does a mid 56!

Actually I have you to thank for that Pete, as after following you for many laps I noticed you were always consistently quicker out of the last corner and all the way down the straight, which made it difficult for me to get into a good position at my favourite passing spot into T1. So halfway through the race I tried an extra down-change into first just before the last corner apex, and was suddenly knocking 3 tenths off my laptime.. So yeah, thanks for that!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 02:07:53 PM +0100 »

How did I reply to your post Frex before you made it - I'm cracking up

frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 03:54:16 PM +0100 »

Ah sorry Pete, that was my fault, you're not cracking up..! I made a mistake in the post so re-submitted it, and your reply must have been in that small window (less than a minute) between me deleting the first post and resubmitting the second. That's why we have the Edit Post function, to avoid cross-post mess ups like this, and that's what I should have done instead, sorry.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 05:04:33 PM +0100 »

Phew, I thought I taken too many drugs today!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com