The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 06:25:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch update  (Read 16309 times)
Nick Phillips
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:55 AM +0100 »

I also have NKpro but have not touched it for ages.

Might have a look at the patch but have a lot on so not on top of my list at the moment.

Did enjoy it when I ran but needed significant improvement in online, has it got that?
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 11:38:09 PM +0100 »

I've been playing a bit recently, as I've not raced in ages (thus not safe online) and it's just a pleasure to experience the physics again. I'm loving Spa in a 1800 though I'm frustrated by me being unable to setup AIM or my car too well (mo's ancient setup from ages ago was a good start though). I'm def looking forward to that hill climb though and I'm seriously hoping 1.03 sorts it out quite a bit.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Glide

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 01:21:14 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,

been a long time posting something on the forum. Been running a couple of GTR races with a some of you.

Moved over to rFactor and Netkar. Enjoyed rFactor for a while and since a couple of months enjoying Netkar at its best.

Not many has been changed since version 1.02 came which improved multiplayer experience (compared to 1.01).

The Netkar developers are working hard on version 1.03 as well as new track(s) and a new car.

I'm racing in the FF1800 class at GPC. Season 2007.1 with three races to go on some exciting tracks.

Dijon GP
Zandvoort
Monza

The last seven races went all together very smooth. Between 10-15 players online each event.
Each event consists of two races. One sprint race and a feature race. Pre-qualifying events during 4-5 days where people gather to set their fastest times  in order to make the grid.

Nobody is obliged to take part in the races but everybody can take part in prequalifying.

I'm really enjoying these FF1800 cars.

The sad thing about it is that there is lack of online servers and people. Despite that it is attracting new people anyway. Many give up cause there is nobody to race with.

GPC gives a good alternative for this.

Before last event was at silverstone and it was one of the best races I ever had. The feeling in this sim is amazing.

Last sunday we raced at Prato Short. Beautiful high speed track, lots of incidents(drivers loosing control of their car and get back on track) a couple of accidents but mainly very fun to drive.

Replay of Race1 (unedited) : http://dev1.badongo.com/file/3223687

Grid at Race2:

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 02:31:30 PM +0100 »

Cheers for the update Glide - I'm thinking of racing 2007.2 over at GPC although I have to admit I haven't driven a lap of NK since before Christmas.
One of these days I'm going to re-install it a feel what real FF is like again Wink

Is the competition at GPC still at the extra terrestrial level?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 03:36:15 PM +0100 »

Quite a ground swell of NK support Wink. Keep the faith.

Pretty sure I'll make a return to GPC as well, Jaap generally does a great job and there aren't any other choices for racing with the servers being dead. Although Saturday night races are really, really awkward. Just a shame that progress is still so painfully slow with all things NK, that hill climb addition should be good when it finally arrives.

Glide

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 04:44:05 PM +0100 »

Is the competition at GPC still at the extra terrestrial level?

Drivers are going really fast in the cars this sim offers in both FR2000 as FF1800 class.

Result of the feature race for FR2000 at Prato Full GP:Feature race FR200

Times are close together, top five are very fast during races.

About the FF1800 there is 2 strong Slovenian guys ruling the championship. Newcomers are getting in regularly.

Everbody's going for the finish-line during that goddamn feature race. Lots of incidents each race with these FF1800's. Most of the time only half (and less) of the grid actually finishes the race and gets points.

These incdents mostly happing during qualifying and sprint races. Everybody's nervous and keen on getting the closest to the front of grid.

FF1800 needs a couple more drivers to get a full grid  Wink

Some impressions of last race:

Leader during first lap the grid is getting in position and first impressions of setup are positive.
Another 20 laps to go.

lap 2

Entry in turn 3

Cold tyres, remain in position
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 10:44:58 AM +0100 »

I just found out on the official FAQ they have instructions for setting up AIM :-)

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 12:24:59 PM +0100 »

About the FF1800 there is 2 strong Slovenian guys ruling the championship. Newcomers are getting in regularly.

Might be tempted to try it again with the patches - only to boost Slovenian drivers.  Wink

TT
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 03:31:38 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the update Glide, that's really helpful.

Add me to the "must revist nK when I get some time" list angel

Legends Racing simracing team
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 02:07:32 PM +0100 »

Have I gone completely insane? Have they put LSD in the water here?

I was just trawling through RSC and decided to have a look at the nkPro forum for a giggle and I see beta testers claiming the fabled 1.0.3 patch is still in development (after 2 ferking years!) and actually due to be released soon?  Shocked

It can't be true? Can it? blink

EdamSpeed
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 02:26:01 PM +0100 »

..actually due to be released soon?

Your idea of 'soon' and Kunos's may vary slightly  Wink
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 02:35:46 PM +0100 »

Is April late this year  Roll Eyes

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 03:04:37 PM +0100 »

LMAO, but now that I look at the pics above all I can say is those cars look crisp and clear. Kerbs and road surface look great. I'd forgotten how good NK looked. Pity about the net code and the 3 year update cycle  Roll Eyes
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 05:12:46 PM +0100 »

I remember doing some of that 1.03 testing and I haven't touched NK for about 12 months  :'( It will be an iR killer when its working. Keep the faith Smiley

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 07:13:30 PM +0100 »

It will be an iR killer when its working.

I'm off to cancel my subscription now!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com