The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 05:19:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch update  (Read 16948 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 09:50:13 PM +0100 »

nkPro will never take off until they implement some sort of SR system  Roll Eyes

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 01:19:33 PM +0100 »

Apparently its getting closer :

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=328596

..... since the last update governments have come and gone, they've landed probes on Mars and even built the biggest particle accelerator in the world..... but fear not the NK patch is almost ready  laugh

Seriously though, if this works and fixes what they say it fixes then I'll be back on board for sure.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 04:26:02 PM +0100 »

Seriously though, if this works and fixes what they say it fixes then I'll be back on board for sure.

Interesting Smiley iR hasn't captured me in the way NK did, in fact its nowhere near. When/if this patch arrives hopefully it can draw me back in again as I'm still desperately seeking the single seater experience.   

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 11:37:44 AM +0100 »

Woohoo! there's two of us now  laugh laugh

I knew I wasn't alone, cheers Ian!
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 02:18:07 PM +0100 »

nK is superb in some ways, but it's like a girl with a wonderful personality...

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 01:30:47 PM +0000 »

http://www.virtualr.net/netkar-pro-new-community-update/

Looks like its getting closer and closer to the relase of the patch and they have decided to allow the demo to be used online so hopefully it gives people a second chance to play it.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2008, 04:31:33 PM +0000 »

Tis now out, complete with a demo I've not tried Smiley  http://www.netkar-pro.com/download.htm Sadly, no mention of a SR system Piccers.

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2008, 12:32:18 PM +0000 »

Yep, your right Ginsters - hell has indeed frozen over and pigs are flying past the windows.... but, yes the patch is out  Grin

I should be able to give it a blast over thje next few days, might see you out there Smiley
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2008, 06:42:35 PM +0000 »

Gave it a go last night. Not bad, encountered one or two wreckers online, as we might have expected. Did manage one or two clean races. The physics don't do anything special for me, in the f1600's only of course, don't know what the other cars are like. Not the feel of GPL or iRacing. Is it a game feature that bodywork and suspension can be repaired in the pits but not engines?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2008, 07:37:00 PM +0000 »

Glad to see the servers are reasonably full with people trying out the demo and the racing isn't too bad. This patch has definitely improved network stability.

Not the feel of iR Huh Pffft, each to their own Wink I would say that the F2000 is the best car but if you don't like the 1600 it really isn't that different. Although the Abarth thats coming look brilliant Kiss
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 07:41:52 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2008, 09:29:06 PM +0000 »

Glad to see the servers are reasonably full with people trying out the demo and the racing isn't too bad. This patch has definitely improved network stability.

Not the feel of iR Huh Pffft, each to their own Wink I would say that the F2000 is the best car but if you don't like the 1600 it really isn't that different. Although the Abarth thats coming look brilliant Kiss

Well I didn't say I didn't like it, just it didn't feel any better than the sims mentioned. Maybe I need to play with the FF settings. It's all about familiarity too, I mean the tyre screech sounded really high pitch, which may be accurate, I don't know, but not what I'm used to so took a bit of getting used to.

I was getting some opponents cars showing as plain box polys only. Is that a limitation in my connection or cpu?
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2008, 11:24:35 PM +0000 »

Blue box thingy is explained in manual thus-

In the chat window, you will see a message that someone has connected, but the 3D
model and the textures for the car are not loaded. Instead, the new car will be added
as a simple transparent box with bright blue borders. This requires minimal loading
time (therefore not disrupting your lap). The blue box will look like this:

Like the cardboard car thing in RF the last time I installed it. True enough it doesn't really feel like iR (no bad thing Smiley) but the 1600, especially, feel like the slippery GPL cars to me.

Got to say that its better than I remember it. Had much fun already. After 2 years its finally near what it should have been but at least it feels free to us gents who stumped up an age ago. Bet Shark is gutted now Wink

« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:26:07 PM +0000 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

mo
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2008, 02:54:56 PM +0000 »

Good to see you on track again Ian Smiley

Patch looks good, they've certainly solved the show stoppers wrt join lag and warping. I raced VERY close to cars last night without any issues. Contact and damage modelas are good also (Oops!). NK is still the only sim that gives me that wind through the hair feeling.... so to speak.

There's still a few rubbishy things going on though, like AA not working for me from the game, and the 'new' sounds which are fairly grim tbh. I resolved both last night, but why did I have to?

btw how many servers are you seeing in the lobby? I'm only seeing 4 or 5 servers at a time with the message "Contacted 5/120 servers" ....bit confused by that one too....
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2008, 11:30:31 PM +0000 »

Keep pressing "refresh" button Mo and more magically appear (don't ask me  laugh). This is not just a private chat by the way, I beat the cwap outta Edam tonight Wink He seemed to enjoy it? Be nice to see a few more UKGTR's giving it a go before dismissing it  angel

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 12:40:20 AM +0000 »

I might try the demo tomorrow. I assume from the website that you don't have to pay a subscription? Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com