by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 16, 2024, 09:46:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20CC-B Monza: September 14, 2020
September 14, 2020, 08:31:33 PM +0100 - Monza (Junior) - UKGTL Season 20 GTL Cup Challenge - Stage B
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 3 +0.025
81.958mph
1 27:07.068
80.229mph
24 1:06.497
81.794mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 2 +0.009
81.978mph
2 +0.211
80.218mph
24 1:06.719
81.522mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 1 1:06.339
81.989mph
3 +1.818
80.139mph
24 1:06.361
81.962mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Lotus Cortina (#924) TC-65 D2 5 +1.260
80.461mph
4 +20.939
79.209mph
24 1:07.531
80.542mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 4 +0.065
81.909mph
5 +26.376
78.949mph
24 1:06.682
81.567mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 6 +1.803
79.820mph
6 +39.879
78.309mph
24 1:07.949
80.046mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Lotus Cortina (#924) TC-65 D2 7 +2.741
78.736mph
7 +16L 8 1:08.529
79.369mph
unknown
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Daz goes off in Parabolica, then rejoins the track following the racing line. Dimitar attempts to get in position for a pass, but there is not enough room approaching the chicane, and Dimitar nudges Daz into a spin. Dimitar should have given up on an ambitious pass attempt, and should have waited for Daz to get going. "No penalty" was requested.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 GTL Cup Challenge - Stage B - Monza - Sep 14  (Read 755 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2020, 03:21:31 PM +0100 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Monza (Junior)

Cars allowed: Lotus Cortina

RACE ONE - CUP STAGE B, Round 1

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (10 mins)
Race: 20:30 (24 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: To score points in this series you must complete over 50% of the overall race distance.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:52:51 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 10:12:27 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 12:00:37 AM +0100 »

Two crazy events. Unfortunately we were just 8 drivers.

At Monza the qualy was awesome. So many times the pole sitter has changed and at the end we were 4 cars in 1 tent of the second.

I started 3rd but made good start, overtake Clive and was staying with Daz. Unfortunately my tires needed some more time to start working and Clive and Geoffers were just behind me. At the end of lap 3 or 4 Geoff started braking too late and went into my car. We made a contact and he went into the barriers. Sorry Geoff but nothing to i can do there.

After that we had great chase with Clive. I was just faster but there was no place to overtake with this cars.

Finally 1 lap before the end of the race he made a mistake on the last corner and i was able to overtake.

At the end i even announced Daz as the race winner not knowing what was happening in this moment. I Saw the replay that he totally forget to brake for Parabolica, maybe he was viewing another car. When i saw him in the middle of Parabolica i knew i had a chance to win the race. My plan was clear - dive from the outside and surprise him. Unfortunately just before our cars was about to be lateral overlap there was no more enough space for my car.

At the end maybe it's my fought because he was not obliged to give me space there but he just blocked the line in the last possible moment and there was nothing i can do.

You can watch the moment from the race replay, I'll put a link in the bottom of the post. You can watch the situation live as it happen or from the race replay after the Hockenheim race where i show the situaion from different angles. But the admins must look at the situation and make a decision because this decided the win.

For the second event at Hockenheim i was just too slow to fight with Geoffers and Daz. I had pace for maybe podium but nothing more.

At the start i made good start once again and was just behind Geoffers. Unfortunately behind me Daz locked his brakes in the stadium and we collided. Unfortunately i stalled the engine and we have lost so many time.

Until the end i was able to overtake Clive who i thing had big damage and Tony. Unfortunately Tony let me pass as i was hoping for a fight.

Congrats to Geoffers for the win in the second race and to Clive, Daz, Coyote and Matt for the podiums.

Race replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPEhm0qRSiI

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 09:36:22 AM +0100 »

The Monza race was great fun, if a little unexpectedly successful for me.

As per my usual routine I did no pre race practice except to check the server/track/car connection during the afternoon. But circumstances were such that I arrived on the server earlier than usual and had almost an hour to play with the setup/lines etc. TBH I almost never run with a qualifying fuel level, I much prefer to know what my race pace will be on full tanks and that way there are no surprises in the handling department when the hostilities start.
After 40 mins of practice and the beginning of quali, I thought that I had "found my level" and was sitting around 4th on the table. Somewhere during the final 1o mins of quali I slightly adjusted my braking point/line through some corners and uncovered a whole second  eek and briefly found myself on pole!! Daz immediately restored some normality lol.
With so many fast guys behind I was not expecting to stay in 2nd place for too long and sure enough, Dimitar immediately demoted me to 3rd  Undecided But, I was ahead of Geoffers, Matt and other fast cars entering T1. I was surprised that I was able to hang on to Dimitar ( but not Daz, who was setting an awesome pace ahead!) and I was still in 3rd after a few laps??! It was clear that if I could avoid mistakes I might be able to sneak onto the podium?

Then Dimitar ran slightly wide onto the back straight and lost just a little momentum, so I took the opportunity and eased past on the run to Parabolica with Geoff in my slipstream. I saw Geoffers fly off the track in my mirror and was worried that my slightly earlier braking had caught him out  Undecided. But in my defence, I was on the inside line and I could not see Dimitar, so he might have been alongside. Therefore I could not risk sliding wide and taking us both out of the race, so I was playing safe. By the time we were 50% around Parabolica I could see that I had actually completed the pass on DD.
The next 15 laps were a test of concentration as I struggled to keep DD behind, we both made minor errors that made the gap grow and shrink from 0.1 secs to 2.0 secs.
With 4 laps to go I was a fraction late braking for the chicane ( maybe tyres were getting tired?) and clipped the wall. That opened the door for DD to regain 2nd place.
It was on the last lap that I saw the cloud of dust/tyre smoke down at Parabolica as we entered the back straight and I wondered if Daz had taken a trip into the kitty litter? a bit unlikely and probably a backmarker?? As DD and myself rounded Parabolica there was Daz crawling out of the gravel !!!

With just the chicane to negotiate it could be a drag race to the line? So I slowed early to try and carry the best possible exit speed. I could not see if DD and Daz made contact but they were close and Daz hit the wall. DD was slightly compromised and I sniffed a chance to steal the win. I was closing on DD all the way to the line but was just too far back to get there first.
A great race and more than content to have been 3rd on the last lap, let alone to finish 2nd !!

I contrast, Hockenheim showed up my lack of practice and I was struggling form the very start. Eventually minor damage from abusing the kerbs and cones compromised the handling and was dripping with sweat from the effort of trying to control the car. Eventually I had to admit that I was rubbish and go for a drink in the paddock.  Undecided Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 10:30:58 AM +0100 »

But the admins must look at the situation and make a decision because this decided the win.

It is not the role of the Admins to police events. It is down to individuals to submit an Incident Report (click link found under results table) if they feel they need to.

Admins do not moderate their own race series. I, when asked to do so, moderate on another series run at SROUK.

Also, when writing post race reports, driver's should remember that....

Under no circumstances should drivers engage in discussion of incidents in a public forum (including in-game chat). In particular, no attempt should be made to apportion blame.
A brief mention of an incident may be made in a public race report.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:56:09 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:59:15 AM +0100 »

Unfortunately Tony let me pass as i was hoping for a fight.
If I had contested the position it would have held you up so I decided to let both yourself and Daz past without hindrance.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:09:21 PM +0100 »

Contrasting races for me.

Monza looked set to be a tight race with four of us really close in qually, it didn't turn out that way though. Daz quickly cleared off leaving me to battle with Clive & Dimitar but only for a couple of laps, Dimitar got on the grass going onto the back straight & Clive & I got past on the straight. Stupidly I missed my braking point into the Parabolica, locked up to avoid ramming Clive & was lucky not to take Dimitar off as I went straight on into the gravel trap. Took an age to get out & rejoin dead last & only managed to catch & pass Kurt & Tony before the finish.

Hockenheim was also looking to be close with Daz beating me to pole by 0.002s, but this too turned out somewhat different. Made a good start to take the lead & when Dimitar & Daz went off on lap 1 I was left in a comfortable lead. Rest of the race was then a hot lapping session on the run to the flag.

Congrats to Dimitar on his win & to Clive, Daz, Erling & Matt on the podiums.  clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 09:03:51 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 10:16:18 PM +0100 »

A rare clear night allowed me to pursue another hobby of mine; astrophotography.  Couldn't get the telescope & camera set up in time for race one, so had to skip it; sorry about that.

Race 2 was an intense affair from start to finish.  On L1, the one half of the field which wasn't already ahead of me, insisted on overtaking me.  Gained two places when Daz & Dimitar went off together.  Another one when Tony overshot at the tightest corner.  Chased hard after Clive, who had a moment when I got close, in usual flamboyant Clive style - you never seem to do things half heartedly  Cool   From then on the rest of the race was a very hard battle with Matt. Got in front when he made a small mistake, but never able to get away, as we were very evenly matched, so a real close affair right to the finish  sweatdrop

Grats to winners and other podium occupiers!
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 10:21:20 PM +0100 »

A rare clear night allowed me to pursue another hobby of mine; astrophotography.

This is a dream of mine to have a decent telescope and learn how to look at the sky. Maybe one day I'll make it come true. Cheers. Smiley

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 10:34:56 PM +0100 »

A rare clear night allowed me to pursue another hobby of mine; astrophotography.

This is a dream of mine to have a decent telescope and learn how to look at the sky. Maybe one day I'll make it come true. Cheers. Smiley

Hope you succeed Dimitar! Smiley  Been an almost lifelong interest of mine.  Be happy to offer whatever help & recommendations I can, so don't hesitate to ask.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:27 PM +0100 »

Thanks. I am interested in stars and planets since i was 7 years old.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 07:09:21 AM +0100 »

A rare clear night allowed me to pursue another hobby of mine; astrophotography.  Couldn't get the telescope & camera set up in time for race one, so had to skip it; sorry about that.

Love the northern skies  Wink but never photographed due to insufficient equipment.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 10:24:20 AM +0100 »

Thanks for both results Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com