The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 11:45:08 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7Cklass Zandvoort: August 13, 2020
August 13, 2020, 07:53:13 PM +0100 - Zandvoort (GP) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Merc C Klasse '95
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Lixma

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 1 1:39.596
---
1 30:55.932
---
18 0 1:40.180
---
Bridgestone  
Markus

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 4 +1.183
---
2 +1.607
---
18 0 1:41.592
---
Bridgestone  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 2 +0.721
---
3 +2.178
---
18 0 1:40.347
---
Bridgestone  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 3 +1.070
---
4 +4.300
---
18 0 1:40.543
---
Bridgestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 7 +2.557
---
5 +8.663
---
18 0 1:41.424
---
Bridgestone  
azaris

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 6 +1.884
---
6 +19.015
---
18 0 1:41.837
---
Bridgestone  
Glenn Richardson

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 5 +1.718
---
7 +1:00.176
---
18 1 1:40.512
---
Bridgestone  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 8 +3.535
---
8 +1:02.857
---
18 0 1:44.053
---
Bridgestone  
BiriBiri

Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 9 +4.095
---
9 +1:05.817
---
18 0 1:44.018
---
Bridgestone  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes AMG C-Klasse DTM 1995 {unknown} 10 +4.857
---
10 +1:19.054
---
18 0 1:44.085
---
Bridgestone  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Merc C Klasse '95 - Zandvoort - Aug 13  (Read 773 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2020, 09:54:20 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed:Mercedes "C" Klasse 1995
Track: Zandvoort (GP)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 07:48:59 PM +0100 »

Is the server already up?

I don't see it  Huh
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 09:10:05 PM +0100 »

Appologies, server was delayed as it needed an update.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:30 PM +0100 »

No problem,

Not the easiest race. Had a lot of trouble with the front left tire. And after 3 laps i saw that i underfueled the car with 1.5litres. Therefore Stephen and Martin pulled away and i made in lap 9 a mistake at Scheivlak (losing 6sec in the gravel), due to no concentration (was busy with saving fuel). With 10mins to go saved enough fuel and after small mistakes (or also fuel saving) of Martin i could over take Martin with a better exit of the the last corner.

Didn't catched Stephen anymore,

Thx towards Glenn for the intermezzo's  Grin
Lixma

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 04:09:27 AM +0100 »

After a trademark awful start I settled into third, but coming around the end of the first lap I followed Geoff wide into the sand. I think he wisely backed off the throttle while his tires cleaned up. I didn't, and so entered a sickeningly drawn out slide into the barriers. Thankfully I didn't wreck anyone.

By the time I got back on track everyone was out of sight so I just set out to salvage what I could. I tried being extra-gentle through the right-handers and squealing through the left-handers but mainly I just pushed. By the final laps my tires were three red and one orange and I was in third, stuck between Markus and Geoff. I was convinced one of my tires was going to explode, and every weird noise the car made (the '95 makes a lot of weird noises) sent a chill down my spine.

Don't know what happened at the end  Huh - but the race was 'interesting'  Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:52 AM +0100 »

I was hoping my lose of pace after 15-20 minutes was because my tyres were going off faster than you others but I guess you lot can handle that better. I too was very worried my left  front would go pop before the end of the race. That nice crew chief telling me it was "knackered". At least I had enough fuel this race Smiley

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 09:09:35 AM +0100 »

Although these are probably the easiest cars to drive of our current three series, I always seem to find a way of turning a promising result on its head. Having said that it was still an exciting race.

Alix was untouchable in qually but having got 2nd on the grid I got a great start & took the lead. Didn't last though as I went wide at the final turn letting Frex into the lead, was expecting Alix to go past too but it wasn't until I reached Tarzan that I realised he was not with me. Had a great time chasing Frex, looking for a way past, got ahead briefly approaching the Audi chicane but Frex had the inside line & recovered the lead. A couple of laps later the car got away from me at Vodafone & I dropped back to 4th behind Pete & Markus.

Retook 3rd from Pete a few laps later but was soon caught by Alix & when I ran wide at Hugenholtz he went past. Managed to stick with him & we caught Markus with about 3 laps left. We were nose to tail for most of those last laps & although Alix got ahead of Markus, I messed up my chances by nearly losing control again on the penultimate lap. Final twist came when we all passed a slowing Frex on the run to the finish line. Phew!

Congrats to Alix (great recovery drive) & Markus  clap clap & real bad luck to Frex Sad.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 09:28:33 AM +0100 »

Well done Alix, great pace in both qualifying and the race. Well done to the rest of the podium too and everyone else on a clean race.

Two spins and a pitstop set the tone for a very unremarkable race for me. I've never been quick at Zandvoort and seem to struggle with understeer no matter what car and setup. The spins were both the result of pushing with too much understeer and going wide, I also don't think I could have stayed off the grass out of the last corner if I walked it.

I gambled on a pitstop allowing me to abuse the soft tyres and carry a light fuel load but to make this strategy work I'd have needed the pace to run at the front and no spins.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 10:12:27 AM +0100 »

Geoff and I both got the drop on Alix at the start and after a small off from Geoff which allowed me past, the race developed into a close battle between us. Sorry to see you eventually drop back after a spin, and I was concerned that I had played a part in that by moving over on you through the corner. Also, I wasn't really happy with that block pass on you at the chicane to retake the lead - legal yes, and I did leave you some room at the exit, but it did feel like a bit of a crappy move.. Anyway, there was enough guilt there to leave me uncomfortable taking the win that way, which is why I slowed to let you back past at the end. Hope that's ok.

Congrats to Alix for the win - great pace!
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 10:51:55 AM +0100 »

Not sure about the tyre model on this car, the initial temps were 10+ degrees higher on the left side and I had to check I wasn't driving an oval car or something  Huh. Apparently the default setup has a wildly inflated LF, which eats away your tyres in no time even if you switch to hards. Softening the springs didn't help either, except it made the car 2 seconds/lap slower. After struggling a lot I set up non-symmetric tyre pressures and managed to make my qualifying setup last the race distance on softs.

Lost a place in the start then tried to stay with the top 4 while swerving to avoid all the spinners. Alix finally caught up to me and after a while blazed past me despite my attempts to block. The rest was just cruising around hoping the tyres would last, which they did.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 12:03:54 PM +0100 »

Geoff and I both got the drop on Alix at the start and after a small off from Geoff which allowed me past, the race developed into a close battle between us. Sorry to see you eventually drop back after a spin, and I was concerned that I had played a part in that by moving over on you through the corner. Also, I wasn't really happy with that block pass on you at the chicane to retake the lead - legal yes, and I did leave you some room at the exit, but it did feel like a bit of a crappy move.. Anyway, there was enough guilt there to leave me uncomfortable taking the win that way, which is why I slowed to let you back past at the end. Hope that's ok.

Well thanks Frex, but there was really no need to be so generous. The spin was all my fault, just gave it too much gas with too much steering lock & not enough TC. At the chicane I knew you were there so gave you room hoping to go around you on the first part & have the inside for the second part, but I turned in too late & lost momentum, so not your fault at all. Again thanks, but next time keep going, you are a very fair driver & don't need to gift places to others.  thumbup1
Lixma

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2020, 01:40:03 PM +0100 »

On reading the race reports I'd prefer the results to be adjusted and have Frex recorded as the winner.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2020, 02:32:11 PM +0100 »

On reading the race reports I'd prefer the results to be adjusted and have Frex recorded as the winner.

thumbup1
frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2020, 02:41:28 PM +0100 »

Appreciate the comments, but there's no need for that, and it's just more work for Matt! It was my decision at the end of the race, and I'm happy with it; plus I only race for fun, not for points. So let's keep the results as they are.
Lixma

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 03:40:11 PM +0100 »

Not sure about the tyre model on this car, the initial temps were 10+ degrees higher on the left side and I had to check I wasn't driving an oval car or something  Huh.

It's the same story with the '92 Mercedes - the left side tires are glowing hot while the right side don't even break a sweat. That's just Zandvoort  Smiley  it has three turns that absolutely torture the rubber and very few left-handers. Even if you drive conservatively (no tire squealing) the left side temps remain nuclear.

Here's a preview of Silverstone.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 03:48:39 PM +0100 by Lixma » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com