Quarterly cost: �0

April 24, 2024, 12:32:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S37 Spa: August 16, 2020
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 37 (2020) - Spa - Aug 16  (Read 538 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2020, 12:48:30 AM +0100 »

Season 37 Fun Race –  Spa

Something to do on Sunday race. 1967 Formula 2 cars at Spa Francorchamps – the original Papyrus version, not the new Spa 67.

Pro standard drivers are asked not to take the Brabham BT23 or the Matras.
Server = UKGPL8
IP = See IGOR
Race date = Sunday 16 August 2020
Time = 21.00 UK time.
Track =  Papyrus
Race length = 12 Laps
Variant = 1967 F2
60fps patch used 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 30 minutes minimum.

Races are to be run at 60 frames per second – please use the 60 fps patch.

It’s a fun race – try out Teamspeak.

Unlimited Resets, no Stop & Go required.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:50:30 PM +0100 by Billy Nobrakes » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Alain Maurice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 08:00:50 AM +0100 »

Hello

Thank you for the organization, normally present for this race.
Is it possible to invite other pilots from other League please?

Thank you

Thank you all Smiley
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:45:02 PM +0100 »

Alain,

Fun races are usually open races (no password) so drivers from other leagues are welcome to join.

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 05:56:00 PM +0100 »

Is it possible to invite other pilots from other League please?

Thank you

"auto-tamponneuses" League ?  Grin Grin

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Gareth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 06:55:06 PM +0100 »

great to have a few laps around the old girl, I can roll a fag between corners. thumbup2
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:59:25 PM +0100 by Gareth » Logged
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:40:54 PM +0100 »

great to have a few laps around the old girl, I can roll a fag between corners. thumbup2

True Gareth, but that is very likely to mean something very strange to our American friends...

Paul
Gareth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 10:15:08 PM +0100 »

True Gareth, but that is very likely to mean something very strange to our American friends...

Paul
If they can manage it then good luck to 'em.  wub
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 09:58:32 PM +0100 »

HAHA...   Well so much for a fun race.  that was no fun at all.. as usual for Spa.

not my favourite place.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 10:27:39 PM +0100 »

HAHA...   Well so much for a fun race.  that was no fun at all.. as usual for Spa.
You were driving very well Paul. We were having a great battle until you dropped back at Masta. We didn't touch did we? I thought I 'd given you enough room.
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2020, 08:10:42 AM +0100 »

You were driving very well Paul. We were having a great battle until you dropped back at Masta. We didn't touch did we? I thought I 'd given you enough room.

it was me, i sticked back too late at masta, sorry Paul.

My race was already over in the Eua Rouge incidents Lap 1
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 09:18:47 AM +0100 »

Grats to Andy on the win and to the podium.  That was a race of "events". These F2's are great fun and run almost like slot cars

Eau Rouge at the start really screwed things around. I was almost through the melee, and was beginning to dream of running with the front guys after a poor qualifying session. I could see clear tarmac ahead and the road up to Les Coombes beckoned, but a car suddenly appeared on my left and we touched.
By the time I had recovered I was just about in last place  Undecided.
The car I had chosen was the Lola BMW which suffers a little on top speed against the Matras, but that makes things fun. What did not make for fun was the mistake I made with the fuel.. I somehow loaded an extra 6 galls as a weight handicap  Sad
Just to make things even worse, at the end of lap 1 approaching La Source ( the only place on the lap where the brakes are used ) I discovered that the car had been damaged at Eau Rouge. When I stood on the brakes, the car turned right!!  sorry to Paul IV who was behind me.

I would agree that Paul was going well in this race and I really had to work hard to catch and pass him ( twice!!). Once I got going properly I had a tremendous struggle with Alain and slowly we reeled in Phil, Billy and Andreas. Towards the end of the race I escaped a chasing Billy and cruised into 6th place, with a big smile on my face after a truly FUN race.  Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 09:36:45 AM +0100 »

When the start goes wrong at Spa it goes wrong big time. Starting near the back if the grid (13th) I was fortunate enough to thread my way through the debris & start the 2nd lap in 5th. The F2's handling is great & with an element of slip stream (+ the BT23) I was able to mix with drivers that are usually  faster than me. I also tend to make fewer mistakes on the this version of Spa.
Really good tur out for a fun race - hope to see most of you at Watkins Glen for a dust up with the 68's.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2020, 11:11:18 AM +0100 »

I confirm, a truly FUN race  Grin

These cars are after a long rest in the garage, such easy handling go-carts.
I had a very long first so Tris got me at the start, but we changed position 2-3 times a lap until the last...
We tried on this wide tarmac where is the limit to not do a corner side by side  Grin

Before we had had several contacts and waited for the other to go on, but therefore in the last lap the gap to the next drivers was too small when we collided...
Nonetheless - one of the races you leave with a big smile Grin
Thanks Tris!

Je confirme, une course vraiment FUN  Grin

Ces voitures sont après un long repos dans le garage, de tels karts faciles à manier.
J'ai eu une très longue première, donc Tris m'a pris au départ, mais nous avons changé de position 2 à 3 fois par tour jusqu'à la dernière...
Nous avons essayé sur ce large tarmac où est la limite pour ne pas faire un virage côte à côte  Grin

Auparavant, nous avions eu plusieurs contacts et nous attendions que l'autre continue, mais par conséquent, dans le dernier tour, l'écart avec les pilotes suivants était trop faible lorsque nous sommes entrés en collision...
Néanmoins - une des courses que l'on quitte avec un grand sourire  Grin
Merci Tris !

Traduit avec www.DeepL.com/Translator (version gratuite)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:16:20 AM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:53 AM +0100 »

Somehow managed to stay awake for the GP Espania , dont know how or why as I find modern day F1 about as exciting to watch as underwater chess games . Looking for further amusement I fired up the PC and had a shufty at this page to see the "race of the day " in progress , so fired up GEM only to find my new G29 wheel totally unresponsive. After an age spent unsucesfully messing around I remembered reading somewhere that Phil T had trouble with his similar wheel and certain  usb ports being incompatible ? so after messing about plugging things in and out , deleting drivers , re installing drivers and a large dose of head scratching I managed to get sorted and join the fun with just 40 secs of qually left on the clock , set off from the back of the grid with the de fault set up and no experience of driving F2's at Spa, somehow got through the lap1 melee and after driving a few slow laps found the car was good fun to race here . Enjoyed a great slipstream battle with Dave R in his similar Brabham until he dropped back a bit then a lonely ride to the finish with a few spins as I explored the limits of the track .
I like this track very much and prefare it for racing than the new one , my claim to fame having driven around here in RL a few times back in the 70's when it was all public roads , no speed guns or breathalizers to worry about  

Ahhh! what beautiful nostalgia  wub      
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com