The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 05:04:01 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TC Bathurst: August 20, 2020
August 20, 2020, 07:55:19 PM +0100 - Bathurst - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Markus

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 1 +2:26.228
---
1 32:05.670
---
13 0 2:25.271
---
Yokohama  
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 3 +2:27.032
---
2 +1.541
---
13 0 2:26.510
---
Dunlop  
Glenn Richardson

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring
---
3 +10.842
---
13 0 2:25.499
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring
---
4 +47.339
---
13 0 2:26.062
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 5 +2:28.338
---
5 +1L 12 0 2:27.505
---
unknown
Yokohama  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring
---
6 +5L 8 0 2:26.928
---
unknown
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 4 +2:27.114
---
7 +6L 7 0 2:26.609
---
unknown
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 2 +2:26.245
---
8 +7L 6 0 2:27.042
---
unknown
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring
---
9 +11L 2 0 2:56.132
---
unknown
Pirelli  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics - Bathurst - Aug 20  (Read 853 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2020, 09:27:42 AM +0100 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics + Porsche 964
Track: Bathurst
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:29:20 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 08:34:16 AM +0100 »

Hurrah, final round. I've not enjoyed these this season, maybe my car choice influenced that but I'm a firm believer that you stick to one car for a season.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:56:01 AM +0100 »

The little beemer is masochism to me. I used to love it, but since the downgrade I hate it
The VOlvo is ungainly, but easier, and has some TC.
The Pork is an easier drive but has it's own pecadillos.

New series for WTCC 2019/2020 starts on Bill's birthday - 10th Sept.  Grin

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:18:41 AM +0100 »

The little beemer is masochism to me. I used to love it, but since the downgrade I hate it
The VOlvo is ungainly, but easier, and has some TC.
The Pork is an easier drive but has it's own pecadillos.

New series for WTCC 2019/2020 starts on Bill's birthday - 10th Sept.  Grin

Thanks for reminding me of my 82 birthday! Wink Unfortunately I will miss race, (unless COVID-19 intervenes) I will be in Cornwall - Polgooth self catering in Chalet with Number two grandson and wife.

Agree Beemer seems to have built in severe oversteer, so I’m going to try the 964.  Shocked

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 03:59:03 PM +0100 »

Not sure I'll make it in time for the race tonight which will be a shame as Bathurst is a strong track for me and I imagine the GTR will be strong here. It's been a bit of a mixed series for me, struggled at Dubai, binned it on the last lap at RaceRoom Raceway fighting for the lead with Markus and then won Suzuka as the GTR was in its own league.

I'm really looking forward to the WTCR series - low speed, low downforce, close racing, lots of passing and cars that move around a lot.

Have a great birthday Bill!
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 04:18:11 PM +0100 »

Not sure I'll make it in time for the race tonight which will be a shame as Bathurst is a strong track for me and I imagine the GTR will be strong here. It's been a bit of a mixed series for me, struggled at Dubai, binned it on the last lap at RaceRoom Raceway fighting for the lead with Markus and then won Suzuka as the GTR was in its own league.

I'm really looking forward to the WTCR series - low speed, low downforce, close racing, lots of passing and cars that move around a lot.

Have a great birthday Bill!

Thanks Glenn.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 04:33:57 PM +0100 »

Indeed, happy birthday Bill Smiley

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 05:54:15 PM +0100 »

Indeed, happy birthday Bill Smiley

Thanks Pete.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 10:03:33 PM +0100 »

First of all, apologies to Martin for the first lap incident. Felt terrible thinking I may have ruined your race. I figured I was pulling ahead on the straight and that I had gotten past you on the inside, but you managed to keep up with the Porsche and when I carried a bit too much speed into the corner there was nothing to do to prevent contact.

The rest of the start was pretty much perfect and I got the lead with Geoff nipping at my heels. I figured as long as I didn't make mistakes and got good acceleration onto the long straights, I could hold up the faster Bimmer Boys. Also was banking on the Bimmer Boys becoming Binner Boys, which Geoff eventually obliged. I wasn't able to stay in the 2:26's and Markus eventually caught up and we battled for several laps until I got a bad exit out of Hell Corner and he got a clean move into Griffins. I pressured him for the last couple of laps but a bad exit out of Murrays on the penultimate lap cost me. Congrats to Markus and well done all who soldiered on to the end, it was a bit of a slog.

Oh, and... GODZILLA POWER.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 07:19:14 AM +0100 »

Yep. Got shoved into a wall lap one which let some past, but didn't lose a lot of time. Then put myself into a wall
following Pete too closely, then another off somewhere, and maybe another. Was dropping too far behind to recover
so went and made a brew.

Championship Winners:

1st Place = Markus  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy clap clap clap

2nd Place = Frex  thumbup2 thumbup2 thumbup2

3rd Place = Geoffers  thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1

Two more end of series to go, then we start the WTCR at Salzburgring
Thanks to all who came out to play  Grin

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 07:39:02 AM +0100 »

Well I made it with just over a minute of qualifying to go sweatdrop

Unfortunately my Suzuka setup seems to have disappeared so I had to run the default setup with a guess on fuel load, I usually don't mind default setups but find the GT-R needs some tweaking for each track to get the balance right between tyre wear and being able to really lean on it through the corners.

With an over-fuelled, default setup car and no feel for it I started the race tentatively for the first couple of laps. I picked up the pace for lap 3 and made an oversteery mistake heading up to the cutting. A lap later I put the car on its side carrying too much speed over the kerb at the last corner and was lucky it righted itself.

After that it was a lonely race to third as I never closed quickly enough to challenge the leaders.

Big well done to Markus and Toni for driving a strong race throughout!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 09:13:12 AM +0100 »

Like Matt, I had too many collisions with the scenery & decided my time would be better spent having a beer. First few laps were fun looking for a way past Tonl, but then the mistakes set in, all of which were under braking, just such a fine line between stopping the car & locking up the brakes.

Congrats to Markus on the win & championship & to Toni & Glenn on the podium.  clap clap clap

One thing is certain, I will not be in the M3 in the next TC series, never driven either the 635 or Skyline so will probably try one of those, or maybe the Volvo.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 10:24:43 AM +0100 »

As Geoff says, first few laps were fun chasing both him and Toni for the lead, but things soon degenerated into yet another Bathurst disaster. Spent the second half competing with Pete as to who could throw the car off the track the most. Pete just edged it..

Congrats Markus, Toni and Glenn.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 10:26:03 AM +0100 »

One thing is certain, I will not be in the M3 in the next TC series, never driven either the 635 or Skyline so will probably try one of those, or maybe the Volvo.
With you there!

I too had too many trips to visit the scenery, one to many in the end and broke the engine Sad Well done to everyone for persevering in these  thumbup2

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 10:47:04 AM +0100 »

Another sorry show from me here. Usually I have some idea of why I've lost control but lately in Raceroom it just seems to happen randomly with no warning and no chance of recovering.

There are noises from the devs suggesting corrections to ffb might be coming soon but I'm not holding my breath.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com