The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 11:11:29 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Okayama: August 23, 2020
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Okayama - Aug 23  (Read 471 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:22:55 PM +0100 »

FUN RACE

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (30 minutes)

Cars allowed:

bmw_m3_gt2
corvette_c7r
ferrari_458_gt2
porsche_911_rsr_2017

Track: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/okayama-international-circuit.15846/
Lap times:

stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat?

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: None required
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

[/quote]
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 01:41:06 PM +0100 »

yet another great track and racing opportunity goes wasted with 2 gt2 cars cruising alone there... just saying. Theres 198 cars that bring more racers in than gt's.  Huh
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 01:47:54 PM +0100 »

Have to agree doing the ferrari gt2 on a Monday night, its a gt2 overload, but there's usually 3 of us on a Sunday Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:30:04 PM +0100 »

People complaining about racing the same content they do in other leagues...hmm

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 07:54:38 AM +0100 »

Not complaining just stating my opinion. Supported Sunday evening events as and when been able to, along with the other 2 or 3 stalwarts. Not done Wednesdays recently hated the mod that was run, but have always been a regular Wednesday evening participant when able to. Maybe time to throw away the wheel and buy a flight controller. thumbup2
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 01:15:42 PM +0100 »

Well i'll be turning up, the first time in probably a year..

Either people say they dont have time to drive and setup another car so i can understand why it was maybe set to to be the same as other leagues, or prefere modern to difficult to drive classics, or want to drive quick cars rather than slow ones.

Can never win!

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 02:59:45 PM +0100 »

I'll be around for this one too.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 04:19:33 PM +0100 »

Good to see you back on track Spanner. We are having a few fun races at the moment. There will be an AC TCR series and a RRE GT4 series starting in September!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 09:24:11 PM +0100 »

Only four of us but great racing, well done Goldtop our lap times were pretty close just lost out on top speed. thumbup2
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 09:34:56 PM +0100 »

Only four of us but great racing, well done Goldtop our lap times were pretty close just lost out on top speed. thumbup2

Yes, nice racing Bob  Cool I was testing my nurby setup for tomorrow and just halved the fuel and put softs on. Felt a bit sluggish in the corners but pulled out of them ok.

Well done Mark, couldn't get anywhere near you  thumbup1

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 11:01:10 PM +0100 »

What sort of setup tweaks were you guys running tonight, i couldnt get near anyone in the race using the default BMW setup
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:05 AM +0100 »

What sort of setup tweaks were you guys running tonight, i couldnt get near anyone in the race using the default BMW setup

I used my nurby setup which is basically soft springs all round, soft front arb, medium rear arb and just enough ride height not to bottom out. Wings were 2 front 6 rear and soft tyres. Disclaimer: I suck on setups, especially modern cars.

Tried the bimmer for a few laps last night on more/less default setup and it was very nice to drive but I was around 1.5 secs off my fezza pace. I think it's generally just a slower car.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 02:04:03 PM +0100 »

I may have had a faster car, but i was still watching my mirrors alot and trying to manage the gap. I haven't driven AC since probably my last race here, and have only done a few AI races in PC2 and ACC in the last 7weeks while waiting for Virgin to set up cable in my new house.

I do find cars tend to be too stiff which reduces the mechanical grip which allows the tyres to slide too much. I dropped the springs down twice and reduced the slow dampers on the front end quite a bit. But others to help the car turn it, reduced coast diff by 10%, increased rear ARB two clicks, moved brake bias back a couple of clicks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com