The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 01:49:25 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche RSR Challenge  (Read 1702 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 02:24:21 PM +0100 »

I would like to put my hands on this one plz if possible :
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-3-0-rsr-harpers-bazaar-94.12756/

(Attention they are 2 almost identical cars with same number, if it can be of any importance..)

Do you want the classic 1974 skin or the modern 2016 version?

I didn't know about a modern one, I want the classic one of course.

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2020, 03:14:47 PM +0100 »

They're both in the download so I thought I should check Wink
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 04:16:35 PM +0100 »

No 11 please sir. The Martini silver one just seen more than one with no.11
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 07:56:44 PM +0100 by Bob » Logged
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 04:27:09 PM +0100 »

Can I take the n.65, the brown thing? Thank you.

I wanted to do one, but it takes too long. I had prepared the skin, but of the wrong Porsche (962 Longtail).  Grin
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 09:40:14 PM +0100 »

The no. 38 Agip skin please for me.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-carrera-rsr-agip.31129/

School is important, but race cars are importanter
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2020, 10:56:12 PM +0100 »

I tried to install High Plains but some files are asked to be replaced in "system" folder. I'm never comfortable with that, I have no idea what those original files are supposed to do.  Embarrassed
So I skipped them for the moment.

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2020, 11:04:25 PM +0100 »

That's the Assetto System folder and the folder used by the shaders patch.
Please make sure the track loads if you aren't doing this - if it loads then you shouldn't have any issues joining the server.

I'd actually recommend the shaders patch even if you have a slower PC - before upgrading mine I installed it and was actually able to improve my frame rates after having a play in the settings  Smiley

Now I have a new gaming PC it looks fantastic once you turn it all on!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2020, 12:06:17 AM +0100 »

Thank you for your answer Tim.

That's the Assetto System folder and the folder used by the shaders patch.

Okay, but when overwriting those files, what does this action lead to ?

Please make sure the track loads if you aren't doing this - if it loads then you shouldn't have any issues joining the server.

What I was planning to do and yes it works.  Smiley

I'd actually recommend the shaders patch even if you have a slower PC - before upgrading mine I installed it and was actually able to improve my frame rates after having a play in the settings  Smiley

Now I have a new gaming PC it looks fantastic once you turn it all on!

I have a quite good PC I think (Asus Strix Z270F Gaming ; Intel i7-7700K@stock-speed ; Be-Quiet Dark Rock 4 ; G. Skill 2x8 = 16Go PC 19200 Ripjaws ; PNY RTX 2060 Super ; Samsung SSD 850 EVO) yet AC keeps occuring some more or less big stutter about twice an hour since a few years, I never really got why..  Undecided That's the very point of all the mods installed which required to overwrite some stock Kunos files. I don't like it, and suspect it could be related to those problems.
I think I will have to re-install AC from scratch soon (and I will pass on plenty of very questionable mods then).

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2020, 09:40:00 AM +0100 »

I went from an i7-4790k with 16Gb of DDR3 to a new Ryzen 7 3700X with 32Gb of 3200Mhz DDR4 ram.

I used to get very bad stutters in AC with lots of cars around (Online or AI) which only got worse on detailed mod tracks - The problem for me was the i7 was utterly maxed out in these situations and was dropping physics and frames every couple of seconds as a result. On the really detailed tracks like Deutchlandring this was bad enough that my G25 would loose calibration as it's drivers were missing some of the data during fast wheel movements.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the DDR3 RAM was an issue, it was running a fairly fast stock XMP but was still only half the bandwidth of my new DDR4 - and the GFX card was running DDR4 itself so that probably caused some problems within the system.

My options were to ditch VR (that's where a big chunk of the processing power went) or upgrade, as I can't drive for toffee anymore in super-flat-vision I upgraded and all my problems are solved, I'm even running ACC in VR now at pretty much max details despite only having a 1070GTX..

Back up your AC folder and give content manager/shaders patch a go. It'll take a while to go through the options and setup but should give a performance boost  Smiley
It also makes it posible to run pretty much all new cars and tracks as many authors are only making stuff that runs with the shaders patch now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:04:44 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2020, 05:43:20 PM +0100 »

I went from an i7-4790k with 16Gb of DDR4 to a new Ryzen 7 3700X with 32Gb of 3200Mhz ram.

I used to get very bad stutters in AC with lots of cars around (Online or AI) which only got worse on detailed mod tracks - The problem for me was the i7 was utterly maxed out in these situations and was dropping physics and frames every couple of seconds as a result. On the really detailed tracks like Deutchlandring this was bad enough that my G25 would loose calibration as it's drivers were missing some of the data during fast wheel movements.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that the DDR3 RAM was an issue, it was running a fairly fast stock XMP but was still only half the bandwidth of my new DDR4 - and the GFX card was running DDR4 itself so that probably caused some problems within the system.

My options were to ditch VR (that's where a big chunk of the processing power went) or upgrade, as I can't drive for toffee anymore in super-flat-vision I upgraded and all my problems are solved, I'm even running ACC in VR now at pretty much max details despite only having a 1070GTX..

Back up your AC folder and give content manager/shaders patch a go. It'll take a while to go through the options and setup but should give a performance boost  Smiley
It also makes it posible to run pretty much all new cars and tracks as many authors are only making stuff that runs with the shaders patch now.

I see what you mean, but my cpu keeps running at 50% or lower almost all the time.
Yes I need to get this ACManager working one of these days, with all the Sol stuff and shaders etc.. Will need a few hours install and setting up for sure though..

So no idea about what those overwritten files can change for the rest of the game ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 08:04:17 PM +0100 »

Nothing I ever noticed - there are some cars/tracks that required you to over-write some of the stock files, I think the 1st I know for sure was the Formula Ford from about 2 or 3 years ago. It never caused any issues  Smiley

If you have HDD space just backup the entire AC steam folder and then try it. Dead easy to go back if it doesn't work.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2020, 08:56:47 PM +0100 »

Nothing I ever noticed - there are some cars/tracks that required you to over-write some of the stock files, I think the 1st I know for sure was the Formula Ford from about 2 or 3 years ago. It never caused any issues  Smiley

If you have HDD space just backup the entire AC steam folder and then try it. Dead easy to go back if it doesn't work.

Yup of course I thought about a back up but as I'm about to all re-install.. (after a profile back up thought of course !)

By the way, a big shame that we Steam users can't have different installs of this title.. I would have done one stock, and one with mods..

Also known as "Solmyr"
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2020, 09:19:46 AM +0100 »

If no one's nabbed it can I have the stock Kremer #41 please

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2020, 01:37:04 PM +0100 »

I've found out that the reason I can't find the 'good' version of Oulton park is that it's actually an iRacing rip and this is why it's been pulled off of all the legit sites  Roll Eyes

So as we can't use that here Round 1 will now be moved about 50 miles West to Anglesey Smiley
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 10:02:15 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2020, 02:51:19 PM +0100 »

Undecided
Damn, I had started to fiddle with the setup and learn the track. Nice tough technical track btw..

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com