The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:26:06 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche RSR Challenge  (Read 1581 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 03:17:18 PM +0100 »

It's great, I love it in real life - Anglesey is good also (I've had some great days there) but not 'quite' up there.
Much better views though on a nice day Wink
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2020, 03:48:58 PM +0100 »

It's great, I love it in real life - Anglesey is good also (I've had some great days there) but not 'quite' up there.
Much better views though on a nice day Wink

Hi Tim, wouldn't it be worth it to make a bit of advertising on SRO ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 04:14:59 PM +0100 »

They'll take it down - they're very grumpy about that sort of thing so PM is as good as it'll get Roll Eyes
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 04:26:21 PM +0100 »

They'll take it down - they're very grumpy about that sort of thing so PM is as good as it'll get Roll Eyes

Thats weird, I somehow understand that if theres another AC event at same time but there isn't....  Huh
EDIT: If I remember right, I advertise some events there without any problems or maybe it was otherway around...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:29:15 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2020, 05:10:39 PM +0100 »

Mark, Myself and others have advertised stuff here. When I asked to do the same there I was asked not to.
Seems daft as we never run the same stuff so aren't competing against each other even, but there you go.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 05:57:07 PM +0100 »

Yes that's strange, and I also kinda remember having advertised there yet.. Or maybe it was here for theirs ?  Grin

Still as Kimi said, as long as the events don't compete each other, it's sad that we can't maximize our chances to get a nicer grid (if composed of respectful drivers ofc).

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2020, 05:32:27 PM +0100 »

As a heads up - We have had some server issues over the last week and have moved to a nice shiny new one today as a result thanks to Pete I Am Not Worthy

I've been on and tested it and all seems good, but I thought it better to run a test race next week instead of round 1 given that
A - the server is untested.
B - It should have been running Anglesey and the 911's since Wednesday but I couldn't get on there to do it.

As compensation we'll be racing at Anglesey in the Lotus Type 25's for half an hour instead, they seem to be good fun there and it will help non-UK track goers learn their way around the place Smiley
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2020, 11:30:11 PM +0100 »

As a heads up - We have had some server issues over the last week and have moved to a nice shiny new one today as a result thanks to Pete I Am Not Worthy

I've been on and tested it and all seems good, but I thought it better to run a test race next week instead of round 1 given that
A - the server is untested.
B - It should have been running Anglesey and the 911's since Wednesday but I couldn't get on there to do it.

As compensation we'll be racing at Anglesey in the Lotus Type 25's for half an hour instead, they seem to be good fun there and it will help non-UK track goers learn their way around the place Smiley

But you keep Anglesey in 911 the week after, right ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 07:44:41 AM +0100 »

Yes, round 1 is still Anglesey in 911's, just 1 week later.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2020, 06:05:01 PM +0100 »

2 questions for you Tim :

30mn is a nice quick format. Couldn't we consider a 2nd race for example in full reverse grid ?  Tongue

These Lotus are lovely, maybe a future series ?  Roll Eyes

Also known as "Solmyr"
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 09:12:56 PM +0100 »

2 questions for you Tim :

30mn is a nice quick format. Couldn't we consider a 2nd race for example in full reverse grid ?  Tongue

These Lotus are lovely, maybe a future series ?  Roll Eyes

Up ?  Grin

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2020, 07:13:45 AM +0100 »

No chance of a reverse grid after the Easters Tongue

As for the Lotus'. I'm game, and we've even had a very good season with them in the past - But I was actually considering the GPL67's for a season at some point  Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2020, 08:13:08 AM +0100 »

GPL67's sound even better indeed!  Grin

I tried the next weeks combo yesterday evening. And altough we have had a series in these cars before, I was having a blast with the new to me VR experience in this car.
Great car on a 2D screen, but the cockpit detail is very impressive in VR too. Combined with the nice sounds and nice physics I kept running laps on my own until past midnight. Cool

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2020, 01:19:45 PM +0100 »

Go try either of the 917's, and then go for a walk around the Ferrari 312 and Lotus 49. The detail is incredible in VR!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2020, 01:35:11 PM +0100 »

I'd like to turn up, though I remember the car to be pretty tricky, I'll try it over the weekend. Do you need to specify skins?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com